givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Race cars come with race car problems.

If you want to go above and beyond stock you are taking the risk into your own hands.

If you want someone else to fix your aftermarket problem you play by their rules.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Race cars come with race car problems.

If you want to go above and beyond stock you are taking the risk into your own hands.

If you want someone else to fix your aftermarket problem you play by their rules.
lol wut?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I was thinking the same earlier. However I’m halfway through installing my stage 2 whipple. LMAO. Did Lund tune but May as well see what the diff is between the whipple and Lund tunes since it came with whipple tune as well

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
All these posts and now I’m not so sure I wanna buy a whipple now. Finally have all the money for a stage 2 kit but damn. Have to re think it now. Didn’t realize whipple customer service was in the same building as Sprint customer service.
FWIW Edelbrock is no better. My SCT Tuner came unusable and in the end Edelbrock did not ever return calls and i contacted SCT and after going through 2 rounds of wasted time of diagnosis with SCT and paying for a second one till they got the first one back i finally was able to load my tune. Been a car guy since i was little and a journeyman for 30yrs and use diagnostic equipment daily but somehow i cant plug in a cord and load a tune. SCT has the most problematic handheld ever developed. I feel you pain

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
FWIW Edelbrock is no better. My SCT Tuner came unusable and in the end Edelbrock did not ever return calls and i contacted SCT and after going through 2 rounds of wasted time of diagnosis with SCT and paying for a second one till they got the first one back i finally was able to load my tune. Been a car guy since i was little and a journeyman for 30yrs and use diagnostic equipment daily but somehow i cant plug in a cord and load a tune. SCT has the most problematic handheld ever developed. I feel you pain
I understand you perfectly when it comes to sct....

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
We learn by all these posts that’s not all about the supercharger itself, its also about the people behind them. I’ m very happy with my Procharger D1x I've had it for 3 years never had a single issue with it. I’m certain they would be there if something happened.. I bought mine from Terry at Beefcake racing got a great deal. Next my 6r80 transmission gets built to 1000hp capability and i will turn it up some with a pulley change and Fore fuel system install, followed by changing out my 3:55 gears for 3:15’s.. the car will be a king kong chest beater when its done.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
776 with a 3" pulley and octane boost? Solid, but not earth shattering. Whipple makes that all day long and twice on Sunday with a much larger pulley.

Pricing the 2 kits together with ID's (vs the included DW's) and adding cooling fans to the whipple gen 5 kit, they're very similarly priced, with the edge going to VMP because of the included pump booster (which might be useless if you plan on going E85 and return style).

For the price point, again, I just don't see why anyone would pay the same price for a blower that has to spin to the moon to keep up with the same priced kit from Whipple.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
776 with a 3" pulley and octane boost? Solid, but not earth shattering. Whipple makes that all day long and twice on Sunday with a much larger pulley.

Pricing the 2 kits together with ID's (vs the included DW's) and adding cooling fans to the whipple gen 5 kit, they're very similarly priced, with the edge going to VMP because of the included pump booster (which might be useless if you plan on going E85 and return style).

For the price point, again, I just don't see why anyone would pay the same price for a blower that has to spin to the moon to keep up with the same priced kit from Whipple.

I'm not sure if you know. The stage 2 Whipple kit, comes with a DW-400 fuel pump.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm not sure if you know. The stage 2 Whipple kit, comes with a DW-400 fuel pump.
Thanks, I bought a tuner kit and added on stuff like fans and TB and 10 rib. I'm not that familiar with what some of the staged kits or vendor kits are offering. I was simply trying to get an apples/apples price comparison and it seems the two packages are pretty close (that was my point).

I'm not sure why anyone would buy a Roots 2.65 TVS kit that costs the same as a whipple gen 5 kit. But to each their own. Another thread mentioned the customer service and tuning. Okay, I'll concede that, but for anyone else planning to do more than just slap the kit on and use the manufacturer tune, it would seem to me to be an easy choice. To each their own.
Sponsored