50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
IMG_6652.jpeg

I’d love to be able to see what is going on in a lot of the production lines with the current state of play worldwide…

I remember frantically sourcing as much different components as I could back in January 2020 because I thought that there would be issues down the line in manufacturing…. I thought that the biggest problem to come wouldn’t be that quality would be more expensive, more so that it would no longer be achievable.

During the last few years some vehicle manufacturers (JLR/Landrover) have even sent out vehicles with components missing (eg stereo systems) with the intention of retro fitment later on. If that’s not saying ‘we are in desperate times’ then I don’t know what does.

2023 and we’ve got a plethora of major issues worldwide affecting everything from supply, quality, economic pressures, workplace conditions and people’s mental health as a whole.

Maybe we should be amazed that there’s even things still getting done at all:frown:
My older brother was a government employed line inspector at the now closed Ford Dearborn Assembly Plant, when the good old Mistake II (Mustang II) was being built there (@1977 if my memory serves me). He told me that once, for nearly a whole day, Ford was PUSHING Mustangs off the end of the assembly line. Why weren't they just driving off the brand new cars like normal? Well, the wrong pistons were in the engines, so they couldn't run. So, instead of stopping the line for the day, they just pushed the cars out into the lot, to have the bad engines pulled and replaced with ones that actually ran at a later date...

Also, when they would test the spot welds of a "random vehicle" goign down the line. They'd pull a chassis aside and a coupel guys would go at it with air chisels, testing the welds. My bro said he caught them just returning a test car back to the line assembly line, right where they took it off, but this time "with a few welds" that had been chiseled open.... Nice....

One other thing, the old Cobra II cars with the 302 V8 in them... My bro said that EVERY ONE OF THEM came off the end of the assembly line "going sideways with the tires smoking". The porters who moved those cars off the line burned rubber for the first 100 feet of that car's existence. I guess that was their personal way of "breaking them in" for the new owners...
Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
One other thing, the old Cobra II cars with the 302 V8 in them... My bro said that EVERY ONE OF THEM came off the end of the assembly line "going sideways with the tires smoking". The porters who moved those cars off the line burned rubber for the first 100 feet of that car's existence. I guess that was their personal way of "breaking them in" for the new owners...
... well I guess the bright side is that the engine oil was at room temperature... :)

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
everything i've seen has been poorly assembled which has been verified by aligning the panels correctly with some effort. you know, the effort the people at the factory didn't put in.

subtext: because they suck at their job.
Ask any Hodgman what it takes to fit an ill fitting,stamed panel and get back to us.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Reading comprehension is not your forte I see. Feel free to quote anywhere on any page where I’ve shown disdain for someone “respectfully” pointing out a flaw?
Nope, I have issue with asshats who come into pages they have no business in and spewing their vitriol as a means of attention seeking.
The problem isn’t your message, the problem is you.
See part one of your post. Then see part two. As part two does not give with your aim in part one. And the ladder part of part two is an opinion nothing more.
Good night.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Ask any Hodgman what it takes to fit an ill fitting,stamed panel and get back to us.
don't need to, i aligned all the panels on my car. see unlike a lot of people who talk shit i happen to know a lot about the things i speak to because I've done it before.

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020GT,86 coupe,91 GT, 89 Coupe, 07 R1
Damnit. And I’m waiting for a new engine. Wonder if I can convince Ford just to give me the money value and I’ll build my own

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Funny you trying to tell someone that for decades built track cars from the ground up every week after the drivers wrecked them .where the issues are , is comical

Sponsored

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
Damnit. And I’m waiting for a new engine. Wonder if I can convince Ford just to give me the money value and I’ll build my own

Squeaky wheel get the oil on longblock replacements, from Ford. Bk order wise.
It's who you squeak to that mattered for our circumstances.

Typical balance of being both polite, & raise a lil hit of Heck, to get moved up in line, with the folks who find a way to make it happen.

Seen them quote 6-8weeks delivery to dealer, & it became less than 14 days from start of it all to new long block arrival.
It happened for us once we got the people at Customer Care to push the right buttons. (They never told us they could, btw, so I was as shocked as dealershipwhen it showedup very early).

The dealership itself isn't (likely) going to push these
[get this person an eng asap]
buttons w/Ford, unless your a really special client or other rather unique circumstances. Examples: daddy/uncle own/or work at, the dealership, ect.

Pressuring the dealership has downsides, & you risk becoming that 'Ahole customer' nobody wants to help out behind your bk, while acting like they do to your face.

If you want to try to get expedited results, it will not easy, having gone thru this.
Pressing the dealership people, as opposed to talking to those at Ford CC, would be the very last resort based on our past experience. Or not at all.
Yes, the dealership can help, (if they rrally really wanted to). Yet, is it's really that beneficial for them to burn up a favor, w/there connections, when others are likely waiting for an engine as well?

Your success on this likely resuots in pushing someone else, who's been in line equal to or longer than you, back. They won't know it, but you will if you succeed.

We did accomplish this, thru the Ford folks on phone, several states away.
Not by the hand of the Service Department at the dealership.
I was a bit dumb founded that they (dealership) seemed fine waiting 6-8 weeks for a new long block replacement. This had us concerned about the probability of our car going outside for months, in the crummy weather part of the year. I was shocked it wasn't pushed outside for the time it took up space in a packed house. I don't know your circumstances surrounding the details.
This response we are giving you may not be very helpful to you, but I've now seen you post 2x about this, so I figured I'd share a bit of what got us results on a long wait, eng replacement schedule.

Again, for us it was pressure on the FoMoCo people, & not the dealership. If you have posted in detail your circumstances here on the site, than drop that link here & we will read thru it.

If your a person who values privacy, than don't post your situations details, & just try to use what we have posted here & see what you can do. I myself would not have told my entire experience here so I couldn't expect you to either.

It wasn't a pleasant experience for either party when we went thru this. 😕

G/L
Sponsored