Sponsored

The UK S550 "spotted" thread

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping @V8_MOTOR will start one along with the background and linked videos etc :wink:

WD :like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Initially CarWow wanted to another race (full American) back in Feb but couldn't get a runway wide enough. They got in touch with me through a member of MOCGB. So I thought that was it.

Then Nik at Yum cars was invited to do a race with one of his cars. They asked him if he knew anyone and Nik put me in touch with them again.

This particular race wasn't suppose to happen. The owner of the r34 from JM Imports showed up in this and after the filming for my planned race was done. They decided to do this one back to back.

I'll be doing a video on YouTube with behind the scenes footage and talk about the challenges on the day etc after the 2nd video has dropped. Probably in a couple of weeks maybe.

The amount of sh*t the mustang is getting online from keyboard warriors makes me think I shouldn't have bothered!
i'll bet none of the keyboard warriors could afford any of the three cars featured in the video.

Was a nice video indeed, surprised at how the GTR did but then that's always the issue with highly modded high HP cars, when they work the are untouchable (potentially) but when they will work fully is an unknown lol. At least the GTR and your Mustang didn't have Launch Control computer issues like every car has in these videos.

Is it wrong I dislike supercharger whine but like the turbo spool noise? No idea why that is

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
will sort one out. the 2015 auto doesnt come with a launch control from factory but with the supercharger its not a huge issue. Need a 2 step and transbrake

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Not surprised that the bmw was faster off the line but was shocked the mustang didn’t muller the bmw in the 50mph upwards. Once traction is resolved I assumed that the blower and bhp would out gun the dct gearbox in the bmw.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Not surprised that the bmw was faster off the line but was shocked the mustang didn’t muller the bmw in the 50mph upwards. Once traction is resolved I assumed that the blower and bhp would out gun the dct gearbox in the bmw.
My thoughts too but even the R34 didn't which has more power and AWD. I'm quite puzzled.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How confident are you in your power output (on the day) and more importantly, that the BMW was indeed ‘standard’ ?

I often wonder if these things aren’t always as they seem and sometimes weighted one way or the other to tell a story that someone wants to tell …

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
How confident are you in your power output (on the day) and more importantly, that the BMW was indeed ‘standard’ ?

I often wonder if these things aren’t always as they seem and sometimes weighted one way or the other to tell a story that someone wants to tell …

The Nissan was obviously suffering intermittently for something sapping it’s power. Maybe a knock sensor pulling timing etc as it seemed to suddenly stop going any quicker at random. The only time I’ve really seen what a 850+ bhp Whipple mustang could do was staggering. Above 50mph it disappeared into the distance like my non supercharged car was standing still. I can’t imagine a stock M3 being able to stay with it.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Initially CarWow wanted to another race (full American) back in Feb but couldn't get a runway wide enough. They got in touch with me through a member of MOCGB. So I thought that was it.

Then Nik at Yum cars was invited to do a race with one of his cars. They asked him if he knew anyone and Nik put me in touch with them again.

This particular race wasn't suppose to happen. The owner of the r34 from JM Imports showed up in this and after the filming for my planned race was done. They decided to do this one back to back.

I'll be doing a video on YouTube with behind the scenes footage and talk about the challenges on the day etc after the 2nd video has dropped. Probably in a couple of weeks maybe.

The amount of sh*t the mustang is getting online from keyboard warriors makes me think I shouldn't have bothered!
i know it's pretty heart breaking when they do that it's like the PS5 is better xbox is better all you see on twitter when either one comments is the other is better haha, fair enough you're entitled to your opinion but for crying out loud.

anyway i was rooting for you and what an experience to have keep you head up high mate its an achievement those KB warrior cant live up to.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Even being dyno'd around ~640 wheel & manual, at 50, you can't just mash the pedal into the carpet.
I think it was an Evo article which described a blown stang as a "3rd gear car". Traction is the issue.
Even on a roll, initially dropping back, becomes a tough gap to close against anything that's nippy.
IMO, these days, if one wants to smoke stuff, it's AWD+a good self shifter.
Plus it's been speculated that the horses from Munich are especially strong... :wink:

:like:

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Light blue GT this morning M25 anti clockwise junction 15 @ 9am
Magnetic GT convertible M25 clockwise junction 20 @ 6pm

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a slight co-incident i just noticed, the Orange (twister?)GT with the V8 WUV plate.

My "21" Twister Orange GT has V8 WUU!
Perfect !

It wasn’t me officer, you must have me mistaken with the other guy … lol

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Obviously a nice day for a drive today, went for a short cruise around and got a flash from a fellow magnetic s550, then saw another black GT, and a facelift orange fury with black stripes. All in my home town!

Nice to see them out on the road this time of year!
Sponsored