Sponsored

The UK S550 "spotted" thread

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I get this all the time from other car owners in their M5, caymen, m3, m4, rs4, GTR who go speeding past me as I trundle along at 40 in a 40 zone.
Yep, I get this and I guess a lot of Mustang drivers do.
Anyone and everyone, it seems, will want to push a Mustang into opening the taps. After this happened with several sub 400 bhp poop boxes, I eventually realised, they know they're no match, but they just want the show and entertainment of seeing and hearing a Mustang at "full-chat". Now, I Just shine those people on and save the numbers for the "worthy".

I had a guy in a vette here in the UK who I waved hello to and they just gave me a dirty look.
like go away lowly mustang.
Your experience with the vette driver, reminded me of my cycling days.
You ride the road, you see another cyclist heading in the opposite direction and you give a wave or a nod. Only to then see, they do no return the courtesy....
Makes you want to boil up some rice and fish heads, when you get home.

PAI-MEI-CORECODILE-KILL-BILL-2-1.jpg

:crackup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
fellow mustang driver gave me the thumbs up at a set of lights other day, we both waved at each other and went our merry ways :sunglasses: :like:

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt in Shadow Black
So yesterday got a wave from a lady in Burgundy S550 in Headingley (Leeds), then under two minutes later from looked like Mach-1 on the Leeds Ring Road. Earlier in the day saw the usual yellow S550 in Adel - and today got waved from an orange with twin stripes in Leeds City Centre.

Getting a bit common these cars...

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Black GT vert Park Royal yesterday15:30
White GT V88 ACC M25 clockwise near Watford yesterday 16:00

kindy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 JFG
Ok, so technically not an S550 spotted but I'm only a month into S550 ownership and came back to find this beauty parked next to my magnetic grey today (which has got to be pretty unusual in the UK?!)....made my day anyway...

IMG_20210803_182726.jpg
Both are stunning!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I thought I recognised the air strip on your Instagram, I would love to have a go haha did carwow get in touch with you how did it work?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I recognised the air strip on your Instagram, I would love to have a go haha did carwow get in touch with you how did it work?
I've always wondered what the deal was when they borrowed cars, especially when they went pop

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Initially CarWow wanted to another race (full American) back in Feb but couldn't get a runway wide enough. They got in touch with me through a member of MOCGB. So I thought that was it.

Then Nik at Yum cars was invited to do a race with one of his cars. They asked him if he knew anyone and Nik put me in touch with them again.

This particular race wasn't suppose to happen. The owner of the r34 from JM Imports showed up in this and after the filming for my planned race was done. They decided to do this one back to back.

I'll be doing a video on YouTube with behind the scenes footage and talk about the challenges on the day etc after the 2nd video has dropped. Probably in a couple of weeks maybe.

The amount of sh*t the mustang is getting online from keyboard warriors makes me think I shouldn't have bothered!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've always wondered what the deal was when they borrowed cars, especially when they went pop
Their wavier is pretty thorough. It states you have to get insurance for your vehicle for the event and their liability statement is pretty bulletproof. Basically at their mercy.

Which is why not a lot of owners let them drive the car. I had faith in the upgrades and the mods that I did and for me, it was mostly a proving ground to see if the car is reliable.

Ending up doing 2 videos back to back proved it even more. Car is 100% a high 11s low 10s quarter mile car when launched properly.

Happy for yall to write your questions in a thread and I'll answer them all in the video.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Probably deserves a dedicated thread to keep everything in one place and to stop comments getting lost in here :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored