Sponsored

The true reason unveild behind Gen3 coyote tick. According to MPR racing engines

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The tick at idle is usually the fuel pump and is normal. How much of the slap issue is a genuine problem and how much is hype out of control, it is hard to tell.
The 2018+ Coyote can also exhibit the BBQ tick at idle. Been a number of videos posted showing it. As far as piston slap, I do think some have piston to cylinder clearance problems. Apparently MPR has verified that by what he said in the video. He said nothing about what they think the BBQ tick at idle is caused by. My theory on that is excess rod side-to-side clearance.
Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Sounds like you need the prayers the most ...except your mopar of course
What’s a gently used Bullit sell for?
What color is it?
What color is it you ask? You think he has the ultra rare blue one?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The 1st 4 pages of this thread.

How about you backup the assumptions youre talking about.
Maybe you should settle down a bit. Nobody is trying to upset you. You are one of the lucky ones, enjoy the ride

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
What color is it you ask? You think he has the ultra rare blue one?
I'd prefer the black. A good deal on a troublesome Ford can be made.....

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I'm fully aware of that. My only point was there are variances in the goods. If bore centers are off, so are pistons, cylinders out of round, etc. These small companies that build great motors go through all sorts of checks before final assembly of a motor. That ain't happening at the assembly plant.

Simple fact is, there's a problem with these engines in some cases, unfortunately more than usual and there's a reason for it. So far, the guy in the video has the best explanation for it as far as I'm concerned
The guy in the video builds 30psi blower engines as he mentioned a few times in the video and why his attention to detail is at the level it is at...... he does his homework....and has the equipment to correct.
Block spec variance has been around since Dino fuel has been used. Are the coyote aluminum blocks that far off from industry standards compared to the other manufacturers?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The 1st 4 pages of this thread.

How about you backup the assumptions youre talking about.
I don't have to prove shit to you if you don't like what I wrote don't read it.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The guy in the video builds 30psi blower engines as he mentioned a few times in the video and why his attention to detail is at the level it is at...... he does his homework....and has the equipment to correct.
Block spec variance has been around since Dino fuel has been used. Are the coyote aluminum blocks that far off from industry standards compared to the other manufacturers?
As far as I know it has to do with using the aluminum block along with the plasma arc transfer coating as opposed to a standard steel liner. The thermal expansion is probably different and is causing problems do to the variances in blocks and pistons. That's the whole point.

It's evident that most of these engines are just fine, but there are some (more than we would like to see) that have variances beyond what's acceptable causing the issue.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as I know it has to do with using the aluminum block along with the plasma arc transfer coating as opposed to a standard steel liner. The thermal expansion is probably different and is causing problems do to the variances in blocks and pistons. That's the whole point.

It's evident that most of these engines are just fine, but there are some (more than we would like to see) that have variances beyond what's acceptable causing the issue.
I thought I read somewhere that Plasma arc wire transfer was being used in other industries and applications where the environment was much harsher than the coyote with great success.

So PAWT is the cause?

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

Then why don't GTR engines tick?

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
So, as I have stated, people need to stop saying it has anything to do with aluminum blocks, or ptwa and everything to do with what ford considers acceptable machining variances...
Sponsored