Sponsored

The true reason unveild behind Gen3 coyote tick. According to MPR racing engines

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
There are lots of cases where a design ran into trouble in early production. No matter how hard they test for failures, the end user will find new ones. Chevy had a decade problem with cars. In 1960, the Corvair had some initial handling issues that were long resolved before Ralph Nader wrote his book of lies. 1970, it was the Vega, and 1980, the Citation. Technology does not advance without human caused lack of foresight. The M16 was a great weapon design. Several very minor issues were resolved over the first few years of combat use. The one issue that the designers could not resolve was a bean counter ignoring the ammo specifications and using loose general specs that did not work well with the weapons.

The 2018 block is using new technology and a revamped casting. With the way competition pushes makers to upgrade way faster than practical, issues are inevitable. The top problem areas are the most complicated designs. Transmissions and new technology are the biggest quality gripes. And the first rule of internet is like politics, take something and blow it out of proportion until everyone believe that it is a major issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Holy Geezus the random assumptions in this thread and the Kool aide drinkin or whatever Pro 5.0 is on must be some good shit it makes my head hurt going through 4 pages of this thread.

Anyone ever found someone on youtube that does NOT have the OMGBBQTICK engine?

LOL seems like every single one does and every single new mustang channel just makes videos whinimg about the engines.

But hey what does it matter the clicks and engine ticks make them money LMFAO.

Every youtube jackhole spewing bullshit and unfounded random guesses is just as bad as this thread.

Ive got 2018 5.0 A10, I use the auto start ever morning amd drive it like I stole it with cruise set at 80 mph down the insterstate every single day since i got the car in sept.

Not a single noise from mine but hey maybe apparently kind of sort of I just must be one of the lucky ones.....

SMH.
I'd bet if every morning you walked out to your auto-started running Mustang and heard it ticking away you'd be shaking your head too. I'm just saying things have a different perspective when it happens to them.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
These forums, YouTube, the internet in general, will kill just about any buzz you can get if you let it.
Reality check guys...

The internet with car forums and YouTube are godsends for consumers. Without them manufacturers and big business could literally get away with murder. It has nothing to do with the internet.

Want proof? Where is the buzz kill for my V6 in the internet. No doom and gloom stories - Why - because there are no major mechanical problems with this car. The only thing you will see is guys bitching about getting no respect because it isn’t as powerful as the V8. Guess what - it isn’t as powerful as a V8 and that is why they don’t get respect. That just the way it is and blaming the internet is not the cause. The reason the tick and slap is all over the internet “is” because there is a problem. That is why!

The internet and the usual websites empower you and are a good thing! Blaming the internet is like blaming the cancer you have on the doctor who diagnosed you having cancer...

Last edited:

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
Cold start... you hear a tick and it makes you worried, ehhh... but then you romp on it cold start and get piston scoring... Well, hmmm... Can of worms. Apparently the tick means you need a new engine but not a new Ford engine. You need bulletproof, race car grade, not your daily... Blah Blah. Tick my ass. Somebody raw dogged that bitch. Now she has ticks.

Sponsored

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
I got a new one for you guys.
Have a new Bullitt with 300 miles on it. Been very careful with it since day 1. Got it with 6 miles on it so nobody drove the car but me. I let it warm up and once fully warm I have not been over 4K rpm's once.
So every time I start the car from cold the engine chirps like a bird for a good 10 minutes. After that is is completely silent. The chirping sounds like it's coming from the passenger side cylinder head.
Every Ford I buy gives me trouble. I had an 86GT than burned 15 quarts of oil in 3000 miles until they finally put a new engine in it after a battle of course.
I also have a MOPAR Hemi with a good old-fashioned cast iron block. Runs like a dream. Guess they are not as stupid as Ford yet. No more Ford's for me! Good luck to all pray you get a good one.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had evidence of QC issues before my engine let go and I just ignored them like a dummy lol

Not saying there's a correlation with my engine failure (this almost certainly had nothing to do with it) but we found that after 500 miles. It appears the PTWA may be the reason or a huge contributing factor for many of these failures, including mine.
Screenshot_20190101-164502.png

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I find it hilarious that members who don't even own 2018+ GTs are the ones that comment the most in threads like these :cwl:

Yup! The gall of those people! Those bastards - they should be banned! :angry:

Lerxst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Reality check guys...

The internet with car forums and YouTube are godsends for consumers. Without them manufacturers and big business could literally get away with murder. It has nothing to do with the internet.

Want proof? Where is the buzz kill for my V6 in the internet. No doom and gloom stories - Why - because there are no major mechanical problems with this car. The only thing you will see is guys bitching about getting no respect because it isn’t as powerful as the V8. Guess what - it isn’t as powerful as a V8 and that is why they don’t get respect. That just the way it is and blaming the internet is not the cause. The reason the tick and slap is all over the internet “is” because there is a problem. That is why!

The internet and the usual websites empower you and are a good thing! Blaming the internet is like blaming the cancer you have on the doctor who diagnosed you having cancer...
Fatguy, that’s the way it should be, but isn’t. 10 years ago it was like that. But, with YouTube paying by the click, the motivation to make content is huge, and no one clicks on a video titled “No problems here”. People DO click on a gaping-mouthed betacuck pointing at his engine with a gun at his head.

Your V6 doesn’t have doomsday videos because it’s irrelavent. The Scotty Kilmer channel will tell you to abandon all hope of ever enjoying a car and just give up and get a Toyota. Oh, except for the 2018 Mustang GT he reviewed and loved. Hmmmmm ($).

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Fatguy, that’s the way it should be, but isn’t. 10 years ago it was like that. But, with YouTube paying by the click, the motivation to make content is huge, and no one clicks on a video titled “No problems here”. People DO click on a gaping-mouthed betacuck pointing at his engine with a gun at his head.

Your V6 doesn’t have doomsday videos because it’s irrelavent. The Scotty Kilmer channel will tell you to abandon all hope of ever enjoying a car and just give up and get a Toyota. Oh, except for the 2018 Mustang GT he reviewed and loved. Hmmmmm ($).

Very few make money in YouTube. Even Hoovies Garage claims he draws 250,000 a year but still loses money and I believe him. Youtube screwed a lot of content producers lately and many have left that platform. Many of those guys post here but you may not know it. Just sayin. Most are just ordinary guys with their cell phones posting stuff. They make pennies if even that...

Sponsored

Lerxst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Very few make money in YouTube. Even Hoovies Garage claims he draws 250,000 a year but still loses money and I believe him. Youtube screwed a lot of content producers lately and many have left that platform. Many of those guys post here but you may not know it. Just sayin. Most are just ordinary guys with their cell phones posting stuff. They make pennies if even that...
Valid, but bragging rights, ego, pride are easily monetized. Everyone has an agenda when posting shit on Youtube.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Here is one example: Lseater posted here and on YouTube about his broken shift forks. Others claim he was abusing his car. That guy Alejandro Flores was deliberately trying to break his shift forks for clicks. Then Ford makes the announcement that there is a problem with the shift forks. Yup, throw those Mustang Youtubers in jail for fraud...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I find it hilarious that members who don't even own 2018+ GTs are the ones that comment the most in threads like these :cwl:
Maybe there are a lot of engineers who own pre-2018 Mustangs who ate intetested in the fiasco. :bandit:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't see how the bore centers being off up to 0.012" (and that was from cyl 1 to cyl 4, meaning less than that between adjacent cylinders) would make any difference. I say that because the Coyote has free floating piston pins, and the rod is capable of moving side to side way more than a few thousands of an inch. That means the rods will "self center" themselves between the piston and crank journal by floating to their natural resting spot.

That free floating ability might also be the cause of the BBQ tick if the rod bid end side-to-side clearance is too excessive and out of spec.
I'm fully aware of that. My only point was there are variances in the goods. If bore centers are off, so are pistons, cylinders out of round, etc. These small companies that build great motors go through all sorts of checks before final assembly of a motor. That ain't happening at the assembly plant.

Simple fact is, there's a problem with these engines in some cases, unfortunately more than usual and there's a reason for it. So far, the guy in the video has the best explanation for it as far as I'm concerned
Sponsored