Sponsored

The Photography Hangout Thread

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Thanks rdot!!!! Yeah, us S197 bros go way back... way back to the days of MFOT in 2006. That Swag197 you had was too clean. I never thought I would be able to get a new 5.0 this soon. Ford has come a long way with this car.
MFOT 4 LIFE!!! lol Yeah I destroyed the rear end in the torque monstaaa and was looking to upgrade in the next few months anyway so I did some shopping on the dealer lots and got everything I wanted and then some for less than I was expecting to pay so I'm very satisfied with this baby. There was another car, Ingot Silver, I was looking at as well. Looks so badass on these body lines.

I know we had one of these threads before... but I am game to post again.

I'll order these roughly in progression of date taken. The last time I took pictures of my car was back in May 2015... I've been slacking a bit.

Awesome pictures!!!! :headbang:

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
This is what happens when you only have a couple pictures to work with, and too much crap weather to take any new ones...

This is pretty much what came straight out of the camera except for cropping it a bit.

This is after a minute or so in Lightroom. Dropped the highlights, raised the shadows, a little white balance, saturation, and clarity.

The last one is after way too much time spent in Photoshop...

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Sony A6000: 55-210mm Telephoto Lens

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
Another one
image.jpg

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
I know we had one of these threads before... but I am game to post again.

I'll order these roughly in progression of date taken. The last time I took pictures of my car was back in May 2015... I've been slacking a bit.
I would like to see some saturation on the desert shots, the car being grey and the background not having any color makes it seem really flat but I love the views and the compositions. They are awesome! I wish I had areas like that around here in Ga because it really allows people to focus on the car.

This is what happens when you only have a couple pictures to work with, and too much crap weather to take any new ones...

This is pretty much what came straight out of the camera except for cropping it a bit.

This is after a minute or so in Lightroom. Dropped the highlights, raised the shadows, a little white balance, saturation, and clarity.

This last one really has some pop to it, even compared to the one from Lr. The blues are a little too saturated for my taste but you did a good job with a lack luster shot.

Sony A6000: 55-210mm Telephoto Lens

Your car never ceases to amaze me man. It's just so clean and perfect, even with the PP wheels. Lol. Your photos are just as clean. One of them was a little too tightly cropped for me personally but the others have pretty good, interesting, composition and the color of the car is pretty accurate. Even though they have a higher contrast than normal, they look great to me because of the other things I mentioned.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I would like to see some saturation on the desert shots, the car being grey and the background not having any color makes it seem really flat but I love the views and the compositions. They are awesome! I wish I had areas like that around here in Ga because it really allows people to focus on the car.
That happened to be a really bland desert (its not desaturated). I'm not one for artificially adding color, it looks unnatural to me. I may be a bit biased though, as I tend to prefer the flat look anyways.

I need to get my car detailed again and go out for some more pictures. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I shot any. It such a shame to have a camera bag with gear that costs the price of a new Hyundai and never use it, haha.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
That happened to be a really bland desert (its not desaturated). I'm not one for artificially adding color, it looks unnatural to me. I may be a bit biased though, as I tend to prefer the flat look anyways.

I need to get my car detailed again and go out for some more pictures. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I shot any. It such a shame to have a camera bag with gear that costs the price of a new Hyundai and never use it, haha.
Lol. Good Lord that's a lot of money into camera equipment.

I mean you can saturate it a little, doesn't mean you have to go overboard. To me, RAW images are just too flat overall, they lack contrast. I have used a few styles with the "milky" low contrast before but I always go back to a "normal" contrast eventually.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

In my completely unprofessional opinion I would drop the yellows and oranges from the background give more separation from the reds in your car. Either way those are some sweet shots. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Lol. Good Lord that's a lot of money into camera equipment.

I mean you can saturate it a little, doesn't mean you have to go overboard. To me, RAW images are just too flat overall, they lack contrast. I have used a few styles with the "milky" low contrast before but I always go back to a "normal" contrast eventually.
You're telling me, LOL. I've been at it for a few years now, started when the very first Canon Digital Rebel (300D) came out.

Here is what I still have in my bag:
Canon 5D (Classic)
Canon 6D
Canon 7D
Canon 17-40 F/4L
Canon 24-70 F/2.8L
Canon 50 F/1.4
Canon 50 F/1.2L
Canon 50 F/2.5 (Macro)
Canon 70-200 F/2.8L
Canon 135 F/2.0L

I may have a problem with collecting 50mm lenses, lol.

As for my desert photos. I tend to think if you add too many distracting colors you take focus away from the subject. With my car being grey, having a bunch of yellow all around it takes away from what I was going after.

But the good thing about photography (and anything creative really)... there is no right or wrong.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
In my completely unprofessional opinion I would drop the yellows and oranges from the background give more separation from the reds in your car. Either way those are some sweet shots. :thumbsup:
My thoughts as well. Either way, great shots.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
You're telling me, LOL. I've been at it for a few years now, started when the very first Canon Digital Rebel (300D) came out.

Canon 5D (Classic)
Canon 6D
Canon 7D
Canon 17-40 F/4L
Canon 24-70 F/2.8L
Canon 50 F/1.4
Canon 50 F/1.2L
Canon 50 F/2.5 (Macro)
Canon 70-200 F/2.8L
Canon 135 F/2.0L

I may have a problem with collecting 50mm lenses, lol.

As for my desert photos. I tend to think if you add too many distracting colors you take focus away from the subject. With my car being grey, having a bunch of yellow all around it takes away from what I was going after.

But the good thing about photography (and anything creative really)... there is no right or wrong.
Yeah that is a lot of 50's. Lol. I want the 135 2L and 70-200 2.8L badly. That 50mm 1.2L comes with a hefty price compared to the others, do you see a big difference in quality with it?

Yeah that is true. Sometimes I think the background can make the car stand out though. Having a higher contrast in color between the background and the car. You would probably like the shots I did of my buddy's C7.

I know it's sacrilegious to post a Vette on a Mustang forum but oh well. Lol.

C7 Corvette - [MENTION=19555]who[/MENTION]revette by Zachary Pounds, on Flickr

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Canon 5D (Classic)
Canon 6D
Canon 7D
Canon 17-40 F/4L
Canon 24-70 F/2.8L
Canon 50 F/1.4
Canon 50 F/1.2L
Canon 50 F/2.5 (Macro)
Canon 70-200 F/2.8L
Canon 135 F/2.0L
LOL, I've only been at it about 3-4 years now, I've had quite a list of gear too, here's what i have left of my Canon gear which I am still selling, and all my new Sony gear haha:

Canon 7D Mk I
Canon 15-85 EF-S
Canon 70-300 EF F4.0-5.6

Sony A6000
Sony A6300 (in a couple weeks lol)
Sony 16-50 PZ E Mount F/3.5-5.6
Sony 10-18 E Mount F/4
Sony 18-105 PZ E Mount F/4
Sony 50 F/1.8
Sony 55-210 F/4.5-6.3

And I'm sure it's not stopping there, much to my wife's disapproval haha.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Yeah that is a lot of 50's. Lol. I want the 135 2L and 70-200 2.8L badly. That 50mm 1.2L comes with a hefty price compared to the others, do you see a big difference in quality with it?

Yeah that is true. Sometimes I think the background can make the car stand out though. Having a higher contrast in color between the background and the car. You would probably like the shots I did of my buddy's C7.

I know it's sacrilegious to post a Vette on a Mustang forum but oh well. Lol.

Those are pretty shots, with a pretty car. I have a soft spot for the C7s, and considered getting one for a hot minute.

I forgot to mention I have a 50 F/1.8 floating around somewhere, haha. As for the 50 F/1.2, I really wanted to love it... but I just don't. I lusted after that lens for years. I shot with a few 1.2s before I bought mine, and loved them all so I finally bought one. Once I bought it, I realized it has really limited use for what I enjoy shooting (cars and nature). Insane bokeh is only fun for a little while, LOL.

The 70-200 has been in my arsenal since 2004ish, and it is still my go-to lens. But that 135 F/2, that thing is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I can use it for car shots, I absolutely love what it gives me. You have to have some distance between the car and where you are standing to use it, so it's hard sometimes.
Sponsored