CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
eye piece 99.99999999%. I only use "live view" if I am shooting video, and that is very VERY rare on my D750.

Live view cons are slower focus. But A pro is, the mirror is up, so you get less shake from mirror slap.
The only time I ever use the LCD is when I'm doing astrophotography. I use manual focus and the zoom feature of the display to help me get sharp shots. Other than that, I use the eyepiece exclusively.

The biggest con of the LCD for me aside from it feeling awkward is that live view focus is much slower than using the eyepiece.
Agreed, it is awkward. I only use eye piece, I never use the display.
Dang, Guess I needa switch to the eye piece Lol! That's going to be my main goal to use next time I go out and shoot, along with the priority modes. Really appreciate all the input here guys! :cheers:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
how do you convince your wife to spend the $1000 on a camera and that it would be used for things other than taking picts of cars? ok, the majority of picts would be cars...but we would still use it other places.
i have the old point and shoot digital camera that works, but wanted something better in order to get the stunning picts in this thread! at least something better than what i have....
she is not convinced it would be used for other things....she knows my affinity for taking LOTS of picts of mustangs.....

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
When I had my T5i I used my flip out screen and live view all the time. It was great for doing double exposures using my tripod and it was awesome for getting both low and high angles. I miss it a lot on my 5D Mark II. It's hard for me to justify going to another camera now that I have full frame unless they come out with a model with the flip out screen. The touch to focus was also nice compared to having to use the little joice stick to focus where I want, especially in low light.

I like to get a lot of angles that most people don't get so the screen is handy. Even doing manual focusing on the lens was easier for me with live view because it shows exactly what you will see when the shot is made.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
My favorite photo so far

Buddy and I went for a drive on some country roads
image.jpg

Sponsored

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
how do you convince your wife to spend the $1000 on a camera and that it would be used for things other than taking picts of cars? ok, the majority of picts would be cars...but we would still use it other places.
i have the old point and shoot digital camera that works, but wanted something better in order to get the stunning picts in this thread! at least something better than what i have....
she is not convinced it would be used for other things....she knows my affinity for taking LOTS of picts of mustangs.....
If it's applicable, you can always invoke the pics of kids/pets/lovely significant other arguments. If all else fails, abject grovelling might work. :lol:

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Here's a few from recent. Haven't had a chance to do a good shoot with my s550 yet.

My camera setup is a basic white girl Canon 7D with the stock lens it comes with, a used polarizer filter, and some $35 flashes/triggers from China :p

I'd recognize that S197 anywhere.... :ninja: Didn't know you picked up a new ride as well :cheers:

Also... I hate you all for taking such awesome pictures and making me want to spend my mod money on a camera... SHAME ON YOU!!!!

ps. keep posting more pictures, they're all really good, thanks.

Fox-4

Just Lurking!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
'02 Mustang GT, '16 Mustang Ecoboost
Buy a factory referb and tell her you'll take photos of family/pets/plants/ her. Lolololol

EDIT: Here's some new photos of the Eco from over the weekend.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45993

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
When I had my T5i I used my flip out screen and live view all the time. It was great for doing double exposures using my tripod and it was awesome for getting both low and high angles. I miss it a lot on my 5D Mark II. It's hard for me to justify going to another camera now that I have full frame unless they come out with a model with the flip out screen. The touch to focus was also nice compared to having to use the little joy stick to focus where I want, especially in low light.

I like to get a lot of angles that most people don't get so the screen is handy. Even doing manual focusing on the lens was easier for me with live view because it shows exactly what you will see when the shot is made.

Sony is doing a lot with their live view LCD's on their full frame models. I'm not planning on switching from Nikon but my dad wants a smaller interchangeable-lens camera for travel. He's looking into the A7(x) family.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
how do you convince your wife to spend the $1000 on a camera and that it would be used for things other than taking picts of cars? .

For me, 10+ years ago I had 35mm film. I did the math and showed her how going digital was cheaper when you took the cost of film and processing the film away.

I had already had great success with having prints made of the family. So we never have had to pay portrait studios for kids pictures.

About 5 years ago, friends and family asked me to start doing pictures for them. Then word got out and I was asked by family and friends to do a wedding.

From there I started getting more and more jobs only on reputation and word of mouth. Allowed me to invest in all new gear and ave that gear already paid for by my "hobby".

I am in the process now of doing an LLC and actually starting to market myself and see where it goes.

Sponsored

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=19026]zacpounds[/MENTION] :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::love::love::love:

WOW.......Those pictures.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
[MENTION=19026]zacpounds[/MENTION] :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::love::love::love:

WOW.......Those pictures.
Lol. Thanks man. The pictures 3, 4 and 5 is one spot I was thinking of bringing you to. I still have to check another spot near the dome in Atlanta.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost