The new owner called me

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
When I traded my GT vert in on a Mach 1 I left a post it note with my phone # on the drivers side vanity mirror. I put it there thinking the porter at the dealer where I traded it would never find it and eventually the next owner would. Well today she called me. I gave her a run down of what I did to the car, and I'm sending her the original window sticker. Just a feel good story, I thought I would share.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
:cwl: What did they call you? I still donā€™t feel good.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
When I traded my GT vert in on a Mach 1 I left a post it note with my phone # on the drivers side vanity mirror. I put it there thinking the porter at the dealer where I traded it would never find it and eventually the next owner would. Well today she called me. I gave her a run down of what I did to the car, and I'm sending her the original window sticker. Just a feel good story, I thought I would share.
thatā€™s fantastic. She got a well taken care of car by a great owner. I keep super accurate records myself of every single thing Iā€™ve done to the cars and when. It will be in the cars if I ever trade them in or get rid of them.

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A lot of dealers scour thru the car in the obvious places and they remove anything left behind from the previous owner.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Well, is she hot? Asking for a friend.

Very cool thing to do.
I sold my 94 Dyna in January one year. Cold as fvck and would not start for the buyer who was just going to flip it.
I garranteed it would start after sitting in the shop overnight and sure enough it fired right up. Both of us were satisfied.
A week later I get a call asking why I sold it etc. from the new owner. The pos gave out my number without my permission.
Your idea was a good one. Kudos.

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Great story OP! Personally I would love this if I called the previous owner to talk about the car I just bought. How exciting. :)

On the flip side, I can see this conversation going south if the car is an oil burner and there is a laundry list of deferred maintenance. šŸ¤£ Maybe don't leave your number if you are getting rid of a junker. LOL

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The car was babied and only had 14K after 6.5 years when I traded it.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I bought my 2015 from a dealer in 2018 with only 7k miles on it. I was able to contact the original owner because I found a pizza order receipt, maybe under the seat, that had his number on it.

Fred Larson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I did the same thing with an airplane. I sought out the current owner via FAA database (not the person I sold it to) and offered him a DVD with complete maintenance history, all receipts, and logbooks. He had received very little of that info from my buyer.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
One time I bought a used 2009 Silverado that had been lowered and had custom flames painted on the hard tonneau. Smelled like the previous owner grew weed in the back seat. He didnā€™t leave me any notes but I did find a ticket stub to a WWE event and an unused .22 bullet under the drivers seat šŸ˜‚

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
One time I bought a used 2009 Silverado that had been lowered and had custom flames painted on the hard tonneau. Smelled like the previous owner grew weed in the back seat. He didnā€™t leave me any notes but I did find a ticket stub to a WWE event and an unused .22 bullet under the drivers seat šŸ˜‚
You sure your location in your profile is accurate? This sounds like a Florida truck to me. :cwl:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The few times I've bought a used Mustang from a dealer I've always wanted to contact the PO but it was pretty much impossible. You did good!

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Good for you. It's nice to have a pedigree.

I always looked in the owners manual for owner info. I found a invoice in my Certified Legacy and e-mailed the owner. They told me it was a great car and they only sold it because the 5/60 had run out. At 97k miles it has never needed anything but an airbag recall.

WiRik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Ragtop
I found a note in the owners manual of the '21 GT I purchased earlier this year and it said to buy a Chevy. Seemed odd, oh well.
Sponsored