the new BMW's

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I think the club you speak of is something made up in your head. lol. I know plenty of mustang owners that also have BMWs. IDK if you know much about BMWs, but my daily driver FBO 3 series has no issue hanging with a 10 speed. FBO is pretty cheap and very common with these cars.
I don't think it was mustang owners that might happen to own both I was referring to. I mention 2 series and you bring up a modified FBO 3 series. So now the mustang is modded then what? I suppose there is still part throttle racing to consider too. :) And we don't have E up here so the E50 is off the table. In any case I stand by my opinion as I see it frequently.
Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I don't think it was mustang owners that might happen to own both I was referring to. I mention 2 series and you bring up a modified FBO 3 series. So now the mustang is modded then what? I suppose there is still part throttle racing to consider too. :) And we don't have E up here so the E50 is off the table. In any case I stand by my opinion as I see it frequently.
1 series, 2 series, 3, etc. They have the same engine. The smaller ones are probably a bit faster. You can use boostane instead of E. You just need a $500 tune to gain 150 HP on 93. FBO vs FBO they are probably pretty equal to the 5.0. I'm not saying they are the fastest thing out there or anything, but a 10 speed (even fbo) would be a good run for a lot of the 2 and 3 series out there.

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
The grill ruins the entire look of the car.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
1 series, 2 series, 3, etc. They have the same engine. The smaller ones are probably a bit faster. You can use boostane instead of E. You just need a $500 tune to gain 150 HP on 93. FBO vs FBO they are probably pretty equal to the 5.0. I'm not saying they are the fastest thing out there or anything, but a 10 speed (even fbo) would be a good run for a lot of the 2 and 3 series out there.
Thanks I learned something :)

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always really like the M-series cars but man did they screw up the front end on these cars!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I've never been much of BMW person....but a former co-worker had a 6 speed Manual M240xi. He had a few upgrades - pretty sure it was tuned. That little thing was FUN to drive. I briefly looked a while back and it seems 6 speed manual versions of this model are few and far between.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never been much of BMW person....but a former co-worker had a 6 speed Manual M240xi. He had a few upgrades - pretty sure it was tuned. That little thing was FUN to drive. I briefly looked a while back and it seems 6 speed manual versions of this model are few and far between.
Manuals in a lot of them are pretty rare. It took me a while to find mine. I bet less than 10% are manuals.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My second car is a vert because I am in Cali for now. 2020 M240i. I bought it for the wife but it is fun to drive. No convertible for 2021 in 2 series so I have been getting offers for this one as well even from the dealer I bought it from.

1621280345301.png

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Why do "FBO BMW" evangelists remind me so much of the LS1 "intake/cam/exhaust 500 HP" guys? I encountered many "FBO" Beemer kids on the north shore. I assure you, none of them could "hang" with my stock A10.

tumblr_dd638801c2d67720c03865e6dfdf32e3_9d004fbc_500.gif
Huh?

There's always someone faster. Wish I had pics of the fake-wood paneled Buick G-Body wagon we dropped a 500 Caddy into. That car / boat hurt A LOT of feelings. Edelbrock alum intake (the factory iron intake made BBC cylinder heads seem light), new valve springs (caddy OEM springs experience valve float a few RPM over idle it seemed) Botched together homemade headers, tuned / rebuilt Q-Jet - that thing with 2.73 gears (peg leg - with air bags inside of coil springs to help traction) was a launch monster. Seriously - flash the converter a bit - and MAT it.

how would you like to pull up next to this?

BIG BLOCK NITROUS CADILLAC DEVILLE WAS LAYING DOWN LOW 5 SEC PASEES AT LIGHTS OUT 11! - YouTube

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do "FBO BMW" evangelists remind me so much of the LS1 "intake/cam/exhaust 500 HP" guys? I encountered many "FBO" Beemer kids on the north shore. I assure you, none of them could "hang" with my stock A10.
You assure? Does this mean you raced them all or you're just giving your opinion on what you think would happen if you did race them? Why does your post remind me of somebody that thinks their car is faster just because that's what they own? The superiority complex that you see so much in the car community anymore.

My car is in the middle of the pack when it comes to FBO (nothing special). It makes about the same HP at the tires as a stock A10 and about 50 more foot LBs of torque than a stock A10 and also weighs a couple hundreds pounds less. All this somehow translates (in your mind) as a car that can't possibly hang with your almighty stock A10. :facepalm: The best I've heard of for a stock A10 is high 11s. I assure you many FBO 335s would easily hang with or beat that.

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Maybe ,I'm getting old, but I can look over some styling (what were they thinking) if the cars interior is very nice, and the vehicles performance is what I expect.
Problem is Everyone I have ever known with a BMW, other than one guy, had problems with them. big problems, like it being at the dealership for a week or more problems, and more than once.
To me, the vehicles are too costly to have that type of problems, and it be seen as a normal part of ownership.

As for the comments about beemer drivers not signalling , It isn't JUST them. Seems a LOT of folks think because many 4 ways have turn only lanes, they don't need to use the turn signals anymore.
I wish the police would ticket more for this than speeding, as I see lack of signalling more of a safety hazard than 5-10 mph over the speed limit.
No idea why BMW even has the 2 series, it is the same money as a 3 series and has useless rear seats, and is numb as far as feel.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Many of the new car front bumper covers have large atrocious grilles....

That's their Corporate identity now.

Lexus is another with ridiculous front grilles.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, I never raced them.
This I believe. Yet you have so much knowledge and input on their performance. :clap:

If you have run any they were probably FBO on 93 octane and 14 LBs of boost. :giggle: Considering FBO 335s have run times that would put the stock A10 record to shame.
Sponsored

Last edited: