bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good news, bad news. Found a fairly sizable rattle coming from the passenger side exhaust. There's something inside the passenger side header. I'm going to get a borescope and go in thru the O2 bung. To see what it is. Hopefully it's something that can be fished out. I also found the headers were loose. And a header bolt was missing. Worse case is the header has got a broken weld at the collector. And I'll either need to get it welded or get new headers.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Well that is good news man, you've likely found the culprit. At least you know and can put your efforts towards fixing it.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Borescope showed nothing laying inside the header. Just ordered a set of new headers.:frown:

Last edited:

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Let us know if that solves it for you - hopefully it does tho because headers sure aren't much fun to install and replace.

What headers were you running? Did you find any place they actually failed or warped?

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Update. I replaced the passenger side header. It was rubbing a bracket. And the collector welds had broke on the inside of the header. So two sources of false knock. Dakota at Lund looked the logs over today. And says we now have full timing in all gears

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Update. I replaced the passenger side header. It was rubbing a bracket. And the collector welds had broke on the inside of the header. So two sources of false knock. Dakota at Lund looked the logs over today. And says we now have full timing in all gears
Was that a big name brand header like ARH, SW, or Kooks? I feel like that kind of thing should be under their warranty for replacement.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
It was stainless works. I checked beefcakes web sight. Pretty sure these only had a 2 year warranty. When I bought them. I also found a rattle coming from my corsa extreme muffler. Sounds like a baffle is broke inside. But its not bad enough to set off the knock s sensor yet.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Damn. 2 high dollar components broken. That sucks

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I think these cars are trying to rip themselves apart. Once you ad boost.:devil:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Not wanting to bash but thats pretty unfortunate that the header failed in that amount of time. These are premium prices being paid for the expressed purpose of fit, efficiency and durability. I get that things happen but just seems like they should have held up longer than that. Sorry that happened but glad you found the culprit. (Just had to be the passenger side..:headbang:)

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It was stainless works. I checked beefcakes web sight. Pretty sure these only had a 2 year warranty. When I bought them. I also found a rattle coming from my corsa extreme muffler. Sounds like a baffle is broke inside. But its not bad enough to set off the knock s sensor yet.
Damn, that sucks! I checked SW's site and it said 2 years. Kooks and ARH are lifetime but that also comes with a price.

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Damn, that sucks! I checked SW's site and it said 2 years. Kooks and ARH are lifetime but that also comes with a price.
To me it is more about the time or labor cost... al least it is only one side... so it is about half the time to install... I also bet if you call them they will work a deal out with you... especially if you agree to ship the old one back... I would think they would want to see it...

Vector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 A6
My car did this NA.

Tire shake, driveline shake, etc etc never could cure it. I full expect it to do it now on the blower. If it pulls good 3-8k and doesn't react. It's good the rest is a over active knock sensor

Vector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 A6
Blue, what rear gear are you
Are you logging 1-2-3 or 2-3-4

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Blue, what rear gear are you
Are you logging 1-2-3 or 2-3-4
I have 3.55 gears. Lund requested a 40 roll. And to let the car bang thru the gears on its own.(2-3-4-5?)
Sponsored