Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

fastback69

Order banks usually open end of Nov/early Dec and Job 1 is usually early March. So around 3 months for a typical year. But of course this is no typical year.

As for why there was no concept I think it's all in the sales numbers. They sold 130K mustangs in 2004 before the changeover. It's looking like it will barely break 90K for 2014. If they showed a concept it prolly woulda been in Detroit or NY earlier this year and think about it..... if they showed a modern, stunning, 200lb lighter Mustang with IRS and lots of new tech..... 2014 sales would have likely imploded.

Mach1

Why is everyone always going out of there way to make some connection to another car's design? You think any self respecting designer is out there trying to copy another car's looks especially for one as iconic as the Mustang? It might make some sense for the Ford line up to share cues because there's a lot of sharing for the different design studios but it's so silly to go comparing this thing to a Toyota or any other brand.

For all the anxiety about the car I am not too worried. Ford tends to get it right these days and the first refresh always dials in the look. In hindsight, you can see how well they planned the S197 evolution.
Only brand enthusiasts (which many here are) will care about the shared corporate face. Many who don't currently own a Mustang will just be glad they made a sportier Mustang with a modern suspension. Ford will expect Mustang enthusiasts to forgive them for something they have done many times in its past.

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I kept looking at the front end and it kept reminding me of something I had seen previously. Especially, the headlight shape. Well, I saw it on the road yesterday. "Flame suit on"

attachment.jpg

Maybe this is what you were thinking of:

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
It definitely does not look like a Hyundai -- and if it did, you would be asking why Hyundai copied Ford, not the other way around. Hyundai has never had there own idea and has been copying the rest of the industry since day 1.

The only thing that the S550 looks like other than a Mustang(past and present), is a new Ford.

Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
So it looks like Ford really clamped down after that big leak. Anyone still believe that was staged?

Assuming without the last pics we would be where we are now....with basically no more revealing spy shots than the fully camo'ed ones...... and no new info......... I'm shocked Ford has been able to basically let ZERO information out in this day and age.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
PLEASE the Fusion is basically taken a design (Aston) and tweeked it to be an econo box that appeals to the masses.Is it same from side and rear...hardly but that front end looks way to Aston for me.

In my opinion they should have brought back a coupe/fastback variant 64-78 had coupe/fastback...then 87-93 coupe/hatchback,some of what made that generation so popular. Bean counters will never let that see the light of day.
What's wrong with the Fusion looking like an Aston Martin that appeals to the masses. Aston's are $100g+ cars with great styling. Ford sells 10x's as many Fusions as they do Mustangs. The purpose of a car company is to sell as many cars as they can to make a profit, not cater to the desires of a few car enthusiasts.

During the 1st and 2nd gens Ford was selling about a 1/4 million cars a year. The volumn could justify the added cost of three body styles. Now with all the competition and lower sales volumn it is not cost effective.

From what we have seen of the front and Ford's other recent restyles I think the new Mustang will appeal to car enthusiasts and the masses.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
If you want a fusion 2 door its all fine,the design of the fusion works. Why make a Mustang that basically looks like a 2 door fusion. The Kia's all have similar front ends,does not mean I want one

Gm already makes all the front and rear ends of the cars they make interchangeable,im not interested in that. If it looks like a 2 door fusion I won't purchase one,but like you say it's all about the money

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Was not staged.

So it looks like Ford really clamped down after that big leak. Anyone still believe that was staged?

Assuming without the last pics we would be where we are now....with basically no more revealing spy shots than the fully camo'ed ones...... and no new info......... I'm shocked Ford has been able to basically let ZERO information out in this day and age.

Sponsored

crazyfastfreddy

Was not staged.
i think after seeing the last leaked pics that should be obvious to the conspiracy guys... even if it was an early prototype the grills are pretty much same shape. besides the lights and fenders it's like what we saw in these "face" pics.

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
I've been following this thread and waiting patiently to ask, anything yet? (not quite mid-month I know)

I'm sensing something big from Ford soon, it's been too quiet.
They didn't show us or tell us ANYTHING. I was extremely disappointed.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Was not staged.
i think after seeing the last leaked pics that should be obvious to the conspiracy guys...
Well, I was definitely one of the "conspiracy guys", but Mr. PbJ has built up some credibility, so I'll take his word for it.

It still amazes me. We have the biggest car of the decade for Ford, Years of secretiveness and planning for a big reveal and then some brake engineer unilaterally decides that it would be ok to take an uncovered car out on a track.

I'm sure the words "Who made that decision??" were echoing through the halls of Ford that day. (and maybe some pink slips?)

Vickstang

Well, I was definitely one of the "conspiracy guys", but Mr. PbJ has built up some credibility, so I'll take his word for it.

It still amazes me. We have the biggest car of the decade for Ford, Years of secretiveness and planning for a big reveal and then some brake engineer unilaterally decides that it would be ok to take an uncovered car out on a track.

I'm sure the words "Who made that decision??" were echoing through the halls of Ford that day. (and maybe some pink slips?)
Who said it was a unilateral decision from one guy? I doubt that. Mistakes happen and at least they were smart enough to not use a production finished front end.
Sponsored