Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Why is everyone always going out of there way to make some connection to another car's design? You think any self respecting designer is out there trying to copy another car's looks especially for one as iconic as the Mustang? It might make some sense for the Ford line up to share cues because there's a lot of sharing for the different design studios but it's so silly to go comparing this thing to a Toyota or any other brand.

For all the anxiety about the car I am not too worried. Ford tends to get it right these days and the first refresh always dials in the look. In hindsight, you can see how well they planned the S197 evolution.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Ford obviously copied the 1929 Packard as well as every Toyota, Honda. I will try to find the pictures to prove it. Both the Packard and mustang have four wheels, bumpers, windshield, two doors and a trunk.

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and

Sponsored

HTownStang

Id rather no concept than to get one 3 years before production like the Camaro. I never understood why concepts have to be shown so far in advance. To me, a concept in LA would be perfect timing for an April S550 debut.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I think they are taking us all for a spin. If they have been this hush-hush about the whole deal, they are not going to let the famous KG Photography grab these bare shots. They wanted these to get out and keep the story hot and alive till the next leak and then slap us with the real deal, which Im sure will no disappoint. I personally have the 1st delivery to my dealer reserved and getting it sight unseen. Ford has not let me down with the design since the Mustang II and they know alot is riding on this one, more-so than ever, so Im sure they are being very careful not to let out garbage for a 50th badge.

Maestro5.0

You seem to be contradicting yourself. If they wanted to stay hush-hush they could have simply stayed hush-hush. Allowing spy photographers to take photos of a fake front is not staying hush-hush.

For your sake, I hope you actually like what these photos are showing (and not just hoping this is a fake front end) if you are buying this sight unseen. I wouldn't expect it to change much.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Why is everyone always going out of there way to make some connection to another car's design? You think any self respecting designer is out there trying to copy another car's looks especially for one as iconic as the Mustang? It might make some sense for the Ford line up to share cues because there's a lot of sharing for the different design studios but it's so silly to go comparing this thing to a Toyota or any other brand.

For all the anxiety about the car I am not too worried. Ford tends to get it right these days and the first refresh always dials in the look. In hindsight, you can see how well they planned the S197 evolution.
PLEASE the Fusion is basically taken a design (Aston) and tweeked it to be an econo box that appeals to the masses.Is it same from side and rear...hardly but that front end looks way to Aston for me.

The green mustang above takes a turn away slightly from the 14 S197 styling and makes it more aggressive. We have yet to see the side or rear of the car so we cant judge a complete car as of yet.

In my opinion they should have brought back a coupe/fastback variant 64-78 had coupe/fastback...then 87-93 coupe/hatchback,some of what made that generation so popular. Bean counters will never let that see the light of day.

Pabo

Part of that is how big these cars have gotten. A fastback that goes all the way back to the trunk lid or a hatchback would look and feels very different on a car the size of the 2014 than the 64-78 or 87-93. It would also add weight which as we know is a concern.

If they can slim it down to Fox/SN95 proportions it would work and sell better, bean counters aside.

Sponsored

CoyoteMan

I expect we'll get some sort of preview at the dealer meetings in October.
What I'm really curious about are the specs/trims since it looks like we've already gotten some good leaks about the design. Do they ever offer any of those details in these meetings?

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
What I'm really curious about are the specs/trims since it looks like we've already gotten some good leaks about the design. Do they ever offer any of those details in these meetings?
Bits and pieces but not likely and specific packages etc.

StangFX

I love the floating grill surround and the colored fangs as well. I'm glad Ford went there...
I'd really like to see how that would look on the S550 ... matching the two bars in the grille to the color of the car?

Can anyone mock up a render like that?

Mriley

That would be an interesting look, definitely brings out the Cobra in it with those fangs.

grabberGT03a.jpg
frankfurt-2013-aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-live-photos-medium_7.jpg

Dyno

In the past, Mustang fans have gotten a little pissed about the concepts vs. the production car. I said a while ago, what Ford shows us will likely be what we can buy in April.

I remember the 1992 Mach III, I loved the fascia and thought if nothing else, that's what I want to see in '94. Reality is, Ford didn't have the means to bring us that concept. In 2005, Ford kept the S197 as close to the concept as possible. Although, I feel the actual production car looked better. The concepts fascia was slightly incorporated into the 2010-'12.

Those concepts come from the Mustang budget, a waste if you ask me. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang's fascia evolved into a more aggressive EVOS fascia as the generation progresses. Like the SN95/New Edge and '05/'10/'13.
Besides the interior and the gull wing doors, I'd say the Evos does a good job being very production capable for a concept. It has the credibility of being a car that you could see in your local dealer or on the street. That does come with its PROS and CONS as we have seen however -- it provides a strong and practical design language for Ford's production vehicles, but at the same time its design cues can be used without much alteration (such as the grille and those headlights) -- which leads to complaints that the Fusion/Mustang/ETC looks too much like the Evos.

Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if it was actually called a Mustang concept, but it isn't and to many, the Mustang should not look ANYTHING like any other car out there.
But I'm willing to bet if the Evos had been called the next-gen Mustang concept way back when shown in Frankfurt, we wouldn't be hearing the same level of complaining about the S550's "Fusion-like" qualities as we have.
Sponsored