R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
THIS!!!
3 days ago I turned down a AG tech pack with stripes for under MSRP!
Not the color or options I want. So I'm not going to settle. Even if it's less than what I'm willing to pay. Which is not a penny over sticker.
If this is true, Please share the dealer on a PM bases with a member that would like this deal.:thumbsup:....BTW I doubt you found a deal under MSRP.:doh:..just my Humble opinion :hail:and if you turned it down wow !!:crazy:
Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
If this is true, Please share the dealer on a PM bases with a member that would like this deal.:thumbsup:....BTW I doubt you found a deal under MSRP.:doh:..just my Humble opinion :hail:and if you turned it down wow !!:crazy:
Dealer is not available to the general public. It's through MAS for deployed military service members. If you were in the GT350 lottery this year, there is one available still. Or at least there was. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm not going to drop almost 60k on a car Im not crazy about. Wrong color and options. I can wait for a 17

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
That's all kinds of fucked up. What dealership? I'm in Livermore and I want to make sure never to give that kind of place any business. PM me if you don't want to blast them all over the web. Do you at least have the original order and price set in writing?

I have been dealing with the dealership for 15 years since I have lived here, I am a multiple Ford car owner. When I made the deal all they said I needed was the order sheet, etc. The order was placed in their system under my last name as I was the first one to order. Everything was fine until they hired a new GM.

The location of the dealership - if you look at my location, there is only one in this town.

I will share, I did agree to a $10k ADM, figured that was going rate and was ok with it. They are now wanting $15k and my fear is that this will change again when the car comes in. I asked for something in writing at the $15k and they will not put it in writing. I am now looking for other options, Ebay, Cars for sale, etc in the CA area.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
They are now wanting $15k
I'm sorry to hear that. My dealer has sold their last three ~$10k adm and I was emailed this week saying we are no longer taking 10k over because they see that people will pay more. Nothing wrong with that, but we also didn't promise remaining allocations at specific ADMs. I can most likely guarantee you $15k over on my remaining allocation BUT I think there are better deals out there for sure.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have been dealing with the dealership for 15 years since I have lived here, I am a multiple Ford car owner. When I made the deal all they said I needed was the order sheet, etc. The order was placed in their system under my last name as I was the first one to order. Everything was fine until they hired a new GM.

The location of the dealership - if you look at my location, there is only one in this town.

I will share, I did agree to a $10k ADM, figured that was going rate and was ok with it. They are now wanting $15k and my fear is that this will change again when the car comes in. I asked for something in writing at the $15k and they will not put it in writing. I am now looking for other options, Ebay, Cars for sale, etc in the CA area.
If I were you, I would find a dealer somewhere else and just pay the~$1000 to ship. You will still be under that $10k ADM. There are plenty of leads on this forum and the larger dealers/ones that sell a lot of GT350s will understand and be ok with shipping. I understand the desire to find one local, hell, I did and paid probably $1000 more than I had to. However, that price is still significantly less than $10k ADM. Best of luck.

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think if you have a signed deal, you will be able to
leverage that, with first a conversation.
If that doesn't work a polite letter from a lawyer.
Let them know you are calling the local papers, radio etc.
Along with calling Ford and of course social media.

If you don't have anything signed, sorry but your likely screwed.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If you don't have anything signed, sorry but your likely screwed.
Agreed. Anyone making a deal on a car NEEDS to get something in writing that legally binds the dealership to honoring the deal regardless of what transpires ad the dealership while waiting for the car!!

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Agreed. Anyone making a deal on a car NEEDS to get something in writing that legally binds the dealership to honoring the deal regardless of what transpires ad the dealership while waiting for the car!!
And what about a deposit check, that the dealer deposits and doesn't just hold, creating a "contract?" I'm not a lawyer and I never played one on TV, but isn't the exchange and acceptance of a valuable consideration an essential element of a legally binding contract?

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
And what about a deposit check, that the dealer deposits and doesn't just hold, creating a "contract?" I'm not a lawyer and I never played one on TV, but isn't the exchange and acceptance of a valuable consideration an essential element of a legally binding contract?
Did you, by chance, stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Good question for a lawyer. I have bought cars before ordering before, and I make damn sure I have an air tight contact drafted up between me and the dealership so I don't get into a messed up situation on price when the time comes to purchase the car. And if I do a deposit, I make damn sure it's clearly stipulated that it is refundable if I change my mind on the car.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Me too - plus I make sure the deposit check is cashed and not just sitting in a folder. On my GT 350, the dealer wanted paperwork that we both signed, to make sure I wouldn't back out of a MSRP deal. ;)

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
I have received 20 Dealer offers for anywhere from 8K above to 30K above MSRP. I have sent a very detailed email to Ford and they have responded. I have forwarded the dealer quotes I received over to Ford. I know most likely nothing will come of it but the reality is this. The dealer gouging is Ford's fault and what really pi$$es me off is that they (Ford) are trying to tell the public this is a race car for the everyday guy. Bull$hit. Your dealer network has taken an affordable car and put it in a realm outside that of the ordinary guy. This car is not affordable, it is a joke. I am Ford through and trough but I am about done here. I was going to get an F150 for my shop in about 6 months, might be a GMC now. BTW...I can afford the dealer markup but as a business owner who takes pride in better than OEM parts at a fair price, this goes against everything I stand for. I am not paying for the dealer owners family vacation on top of the price of my car.

Rant over....
I agree. In addition to Ford, think about CC'ing all those dealers and posting on social media and tagging those dealers #'s in the posts. Start a on-line petition and post here and most will sign. Maybe it won't work, but bad press for Ford will sure get the phones ringing from Ford to the GMs at these places.

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
What these dealers need is bad publicity. I think we should make a list of all dealers charging ADM and advertise them in bunch of blog posts or front page and tell everyone to stay away from them.
THIS^^ I don't think people really realize how sensitive businesses are to bad press.

I used to work with a gal back in the 80's. She got suckered into buying a car...actually I think it was a Ford Probe, that once she got home realized she really did not want and could not afford. She went back within 12 hours and told them she had been pressured to buy. They would not budge and said you own it.

She took it upon herself to make up signs for herself, placards for the car that said don't trust this dealership etc, and proceeded to plunk herself right down in front of that dealership and picket up and down the street.

It took only 3-4 hours before they literally begged her to stop and not only took her car back, but told her they'd discount any other car she'd like.

Bad press is a powerful thing.

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
There is NO reason people should not be OUTTING these A-holes. This is horribly unethical behaviour. Scream it from the highest roof top who this dealer is so NONE of us get burned. Picket out in front of the dealership with big signs saying they lie to their customers.

This is another reason to put a deposit down, make sure they cash the deposit, get a contract in writing and have it say somewhere that NO change in price is agreed to after the signing. KEEP a copy.
Sponsored