The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This same "tell everyone how horrible the dealers are" rhetoric happens every time a special model comes out (of any car) where the dealers charge over MSRP. Every time.

Ford knows what it's doing - these cars are gifts to the dealerships and a genius marketing move at the same time. This is why they give them to dealers who sell a lot - and why the highest selling dealers get them first (it seems).
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My dealer and a lot of dealers will not deposit checks. It's usually a policy to try to get the full amount on Ford Credit - makes them money. Mine is sitting in an envelope and I was there when Rick picked his up - they returned his deposit check as well...so I don't feel that it not being deposited means you aren't getting anything but I do feel that if your dealer DID deposit it - it's something a lawyer might raise an eyebrow about.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
There is NO reason people should not be OUTTING these A-holes. This is horribly unethical behaviour. Scream it from the highest roof top who this dealer is so NONE of us get burned. Picket out in front of the dealership with big signs saying they lie to their customers.
Now that you've had your rant, it's time to consider that buyers set the price - not the dealers. If so many buyers weren't paying the ADM, there wouldn't be any ADM. Ford will not care what you do, because they have no legal control over how the dealers, who are independent businesspeople, run their operations. In addition, several businesses have filed lawsuits (and won judgements) against people who have slandered them online or made unfair representations about the businesses in their marketplace. Like it or not, the best thing you can do is devote your energies to finding the best deal possible. I don't like the system much more than you do, but it's not going to change in time for you to buy a GT350, GT500 or GT1000.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
My dealer and a lot of dealers will not deposit checks. It's usually a policy to try to get the full amount on Ford Credit - makes them money. Mine is sitting in an envelope and I was there when Rick picked his up - they returned his deposit check as well...so I don't feel that it not being deposited means you aren't getting anything but I do feel that if your dealer DID deposit it - it's something a lawyer might raise an eyebrow about.
Interesting - I've purchased dozens of new cars (mostly special orders) and never have had a dealer not deposit the check. :shrug:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Me too - plus I make sure the deposit check is cashed and not just sitting in a folder. On my GT 350, the dealer wanted paperwork that we both signed, to make sure I wouldn't back out of a MSRP deal. ;)
Yup.
Same happened when I ordered my '16 Ram Sport 4X4 regular cab. If I backed out, I lose the deposit because the dealership is "stuck" with a truck they did not want/order.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Here is one for you all, on this past Monday I got a call from my dealer. Good and bad news. Good news is that my order has shipped from factory and will be here in California at dealer ETA is 3/25-3/26, bad news is that they said they are not going to honor the price set when I ordered the car in Sept'2015. The salesman said they have a new GM and he is adding ADMs to the price. They added 25k to the one they had in stock, it sold and so they are now adding a ADM to mine.

I have never been so pissed off at any individual in my life....needless to say, stay away from these dealers, they suck!
Like it or not, the best thing you can do is devote your energies to finding the best deal possible. I don't like the system much more than you do, but it's not going to change in time for you to buy a GT350, GT500 or GT1000.
Capitalism, driven by supply and demand, is awesome. But, it also relies on a degree of integrity, which has to remain intact after "the best deal possible" is found. Without that the otherwise awesome system is undermined. Not recommending naming and shaming (for this or the overheating issue...yet), but should consumers tolerate a lack of integrity? Different issue than market economy competition.

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
I have to wonder how many times people have went to a dealership, negotiated a price for a vehicle, then checked with other dealerships. Even leveraging the original dealerships original price they got put on paper. I would be willing to bet that many on here have done this. Some probably bought the car from a different dealer than they originally negotiated with. Maybe even went back to the original dealer and told them they found a better deal, but would still buy from original if price was matched.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Since we're talking in generalities, a lack of integrity on the part of a business is absolutely unacceptable - but equally unacceptable is a consumer who is not self-protective in making a deal or doesn't follow through with it.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Since we're talking in generalities, a lack of integrity on the part of a business is absolutely unacceptable - but equally unacceptable is a consumer who is not self-protective in making a deal or doesn't follow through with it.
I agree that consumers should protect themselves too; no doubt. And not following through is unacceptable on either side.

However, not talking generalities here. Using a very specific case that is not itself a one-off. If we were to separate the wheat from the chaff and focus only on the most blatant examples, like Yetitime's, the trend is obvious. When two people look each other in the eye and shake hands, that's supposed to be a deal in our society. When they go as far as handing over money, physically entering details into an ordering system, and communicating regularly on the status of the order, that's certainly a deal.

From a legal perspective, a written document is absolutely the way to go (unfortunate that the receipt for the deposit isn't enough). However, that's also a tactical measure. We often hear (or talk about) fixing various aspects of our society, yet we are accepting unscrupulous behavior by companies that symbolize our nation. To even say such a thing I am sure is seen by some as crusading, so we are where we are with one of the greatest vehicles Ford has ever made (truly) and dishonest dealers and overheating and misaligned panels and paint boogers...generally speaking, of course.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Outing a bad dealer is fine by me. In the same token, talking about good dealers
is great also. I have one of those, who were great to deal with, even put up with me
dropping in once or twice a week to check on the car. When the car showed up, treated it
like it was made of diamonds.

We should all remember both, give the business to the good ones, avoid the bad.
We should have two lists IMO.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Outing a bad dealer is fine by me. In the same token, talking about good dealers
is great also. I have one of those, who were great to deal with, even put up with me
dropping in once or twice a week to check on the car. When the car showed up, treated it
like it was made of diamonds.

We should all remember both, give the business to the good ones, avoid the bad.
We should have two lists IMO.
Agree.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just got a call from a dealer near me today that said they got 3 more allocations in today and they can offer me a smoking deal of 20k over. Haha! I told them I already got one and he hung up real fast to call the next guy.

I am glad my search is over, I thought since the 17 specs came out this would calm down a little but I guess not.

ATL Golfer

Looking for an R!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 3.5 Eco / Lookin for 350 R Please
THIS^^ I don't think people really realize how sensitive businesses are to bad press.

I used to work with a gal back in the 80's. She got suckered into buying a car...actually I think it was a Ford Probe, that once she got home realized she really did not want and could not afford. She went back within 12 hours and told them she had been pressured to buy. They would not budge and said you own it.

She took it upon herself to make up signs for herself, placards for the car that said don't trust this dealership etc, and proceeded to plunk herself right down in front of that dealership and picket up and down the street.

It took only 3-4 hours before they literally begged her to stop and not only took her car back, but told her they'd discount any other car she'd like.

Bad press is a powerful thing.

They should have sued her for slander. She is an adult. Obviously they could have taken it back without her going to that extreme, but the dealer did nothing wrong here. And I HATE dealers.

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
THIS^^ I don't think people really realize how sensitive businesses are to bad press.

I used to work with a gal back in the 80's. She got suckered into buying a car...actually I think it was a Ford Probe, that once she got home realized she really did not want and could not afford. She went back within 12 hours and told them she had been pressured to buy. They would not budge and said you own it.

She took it upon herself to make up signs for herself, placards for the car that said don't trust this dealership etc, and proceeded to plunk herself right down in front of that dealership and picket up and down the street.

It took only 3-4 hours before they literally begged her to stop and not only took her car back, but told her they'd discount any other car she'd like.

Bad press is a powerful thing.
Wait, so people should not be held accountable for their actions? The dealer had a car she thought she wanted, she qualified and purchased, only to realize she couldn't afford and it is the dealer's fault? WT actual F?????

Hell, you are legally allowed to do that with your spouse, but it will cost you half your stuff. I can't see anything wrong from the dealer's perspective in your story. They should have sued the hell out of that woman.

Actions have consequences man. I wish more people would take responsibility for their actions as opposed to wanting others to fix it for them.
Sponsored