Sponsored

The Dilemma. Anyone else selling a loved car to get a Mustang?

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
It's easy to get a new car when it means getting out of a car that has become unreliable or you're tired of, but what about when you still really enjoy the current car and you hope the new one will be even better?

I've got a modified '07 GT Liberty that I've had from new. It's quick, fun, never let me down and done less than 50,000km. But I still want a Mustang and I can't have both.

Anyone else having the same dilemma?

Absolutely first world problem I know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rsea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beemer thats going asap
Cars are expensive. I say stick with what you have until youre not happy with it anymore

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Selling my 2005 2wd cab chassis Hilux ute with alloy tray. Wouldn't say 'loved' but incredibly useful. Thought about keeping it but the rego and insurance savings will buy a very nice multi-purpose trailer in only two years that i can tow with my wife's SR5. Still keeping my 1999 Jeep TJ though - we will be buried together.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Yep. 2011 gt/cs with tvs. 585 whp. Loved that car. Miss it but don't regret the move.

OP
OP
OzS550

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Now that I've officially ordered the Mustang, I'm starting to see some of the design flaws in the Liberty I'd never really noticed before...

Firstly it's not a V8!! I mean what was Subaru thinking??

And it has too many doors! There's two at the back I never use.

The list could go on, like the carpets need vacuuming... and ... other stuff..

:D

Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I have loads of fun in my FRS (GT86). I will miss it, but I want something more comfortable and more powerful.

DarthLepard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Getting out of my E350 lease, first Benz but I can really see where people love them.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FG XR^
i currently have a 2011 FG XR6 with a fair chunk of change put into it that i will be selling to make the move over to the Mustang, will be hard to see it go but its for such a better car so worth it in the end :)

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I'm getting rid of a very tidy low km Focus ST to get my Mustang, although I've enjoyed owning the ST I feel the Mustang would more suit my driving style and tastes.

In a perfect world I'd have a 3 car garage and have it, my Ranger and the Mustang but that's not going to happen...

thewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT (soon). '04 Astra Convertible
I'm getting rid of my Astra Convertible... not really a performance car but switching back to Ford after having a few Falcons before that. Annoyed that the Convertible is only coming to Oz in Automatic and I'm ready for a switch back to manual so will be getting the Fastback

Sponsored

Furilic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
I'm trading in my 14 Camaro 2LT/RS for the Mustang. I've enjoyed this car for about a year but regret not having an American v8 with a manual transmission to enjoy. IMO it's worth it to take the depreciation loss to get a car I'll have a lot more smiles per gallon in.

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
Trading in my 2004 VW Golf R32. Will be sad to not have a car that makes those insane VR6 wookie noises. Keeping my 91 CRX, 2014 Fiesta ST and 2000 F250 4x4 7.3L.

MM777

Waiting for Feb 2017
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT, Manual, Magnetic
I'm selling my Brock VK HDT Calais Director & HSV VZ Avalanche to get a mustang in 14 months!

mrkarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ruby Red Convertible
Getting rid of my '06 MX-5, upgrading to a slightly bigger (and more practical) convertible.

andman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 GT
It's easy to get a new car when it means getting out of a car that has become unreliable or you're tired of, but what about when you still really enjoy the current car and you hope the new one will be even better?

I've got a modified '07 GT Liberty that I've had from new. It's quick, fun, never let me down and done less than 50,000km. But I still want a Mustang and I can't have both.

Anyone else having the same dilemma?

Absolutely first world problem I know.
Ah the liberty GT. I had an 05 manual GT it was a nice car to drive and a nice place to be in.

But I'm keeping my F6 in the short term as i have a need for rear doors and towing :crazy:
Sponsored