Sponsored

The Dilemma. Anyone else selling a loved car to get a Mustang?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I'm actually thinking of doing the reverse - Going from '17 Mustang GT to a SSV Redline as I now have a 9 month old and the family won't fit in the GT like it would in the Holden = Pony sleeps in the garage for long period of time :(

How are you finding the differences between the Commodore and the Stang?
After I sold the Mustang I had a look at the SS-V, I struggled with the boat like handling and couldn't warm to the SS although it is a great car.
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I heard with the SSV Redline was the only one worth considering too for brakes, power and handling. Shame if its still boaty!

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
I had a 2017 GT Mustang which I sold to a friend and ordered an auto 2018 GT. At that stage we still didn’t know when 2018’s would be out. In the meantime I bought a manual Commodore Motorsport which is based on the SSV Redline but comes with a few extra goodies like magnaride adjustable suspension, upgraded brakes and bi-modal exhaust. Initially I missed the Mustang, but the more I drove it, the more I preferred it to the point that when the Mustang comes, I may keep it. The Motorsport definitely has a heap more torque and the manual ratios are far better spaced and more usable than th Mustang box. I’ll probably advertise it, but I won’t be upset if it doesn’t sell. By the way , it definitely isn’t like a boat or floaty, would out handle the 2017 Mustang!

Last edited:

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say keep it till you can afford to get the GT also. Is it a matter of car payments or insurance on both? Pay one off and then get the newer. I daily drive a Ford FX2 F150 Supercrew and my GT sits in the garage most of the time. Payments for both are around 1300 a month but it's affordable. If you love the current, keep it. Get the newer when you can.

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
I’m lucky that the money side of it doesn’t come into it. I retired and got bulk dollars, already have the money aside for the 2018 GT. My biggest problem is storage, as I also have a 2011 MX5 which I also love. Plus, I also have a small sedan as a daily driver.
I’ve had around 150 cars in my life.

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
150 cars!!! Wow!!! I assume your not a car dealer, just an enthusiast.

Can't wait till I tell my wife, she thinks I buy cars like socks, but man have you got me covered.

I've only had about 20 cars, what the F*ck have I been doing with my time!

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
OP: Keep both if you can. i did, kept my 2004 Dodge SRT-4 with Mopar Stage 3 turbo kit, e85 tuned. it was hard to let her go after all the mods and care i've put in since new. besides it's probably faster than my new GT have yet to race them against each other though, need another driver lol.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I am lucky that neither the Lotus or Jeep needs to go for the Mustang.

Different cars for different experiences!
Sponsored