Sponsored

The 5-0 are getting faster

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of specialty cop cars you see outfitted with lights etc etc etc, that vehicle was probably or more than likely seized from your local drug dealer.
It also could have been his personal vehicle if his department allows for it. It's not too uncommon for police officers to have their persona vehicle outfitted with sirens/lights.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I would not stop.... I dial 911 and let them know there is a car with flashing lights in non-traditional way... following me. I have no way of knowing if it's a real police officer or not and am not stopping until I see a marked officer. Thank you...

As your right!
Any expectation of getting shot at?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Mhm, sucks though because that's only 1 guy out of the many here in GA. I've seen police in teslas, SS Camaros, mustangs, hellcats etc. About a month ago when they were doing construction, the officer that was directing traffic was in a lowered blacked out, widebodied hellcat sitting on demon styled wheels, blue and reds flashing all over that car. It's gotten ridiculous honestly.
Most Extra Jobs (EJs) that are roadway related in Houston that require a police officer present are worked by cops that are off duty. They have personal cars, trucks, SUVs, etc. decked out with a ton of red and blues to get people's attention while driving through construction zones. They do not run traffic in those cars and most work an extra 20-40 hours a week to make more money thus allowing them to have nicer things that a normal cop salary would not allow.

If they are on patrol, most likely as stated above, seized vehicles put into service account for the super nice upper end cars you mention.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I got pulled over on the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn a few months ago. I did a quick blast to get around some slow left lane squatters. Probably hit 80 to get it done.
10 seconds later, A Christmas tree of lights behind me. So I pulled off the next exit.
A MF yellow taxi pulls up behind me with all the lights. It was an honest to god taxi with interior flashing lights.
2 uniformed NYPD get out, but not before making me roll down my windows, shutting the engine and putting my hands out the window and on the roof.

SOB bastards.

Came up and asked if I was drinking. NO..... Gave me a breathalizer, I passed.

they said drive a little slower and let me on my way. They were on DUI patrol and had no interest with speeders.

When I worked for Verizon in the 90's, cops would regularly use uutility trucks for stake outs. Made me feel safe on the job.......

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Only if the person trying to stop you is not really an officer.
If you will call your local PD and ask what to do if an unmarked vehicle with flashing lights is trying to pull you over and you don't feel right about it they are going to tell you to drive, not speed away, to a PD or FD before stopping and call 911 on the way. And as someone said, the 911 dispatcher is going to advise the officer and you if it's real.
Heck, they even announce this on TV once or twice a year.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350

Yea, that would not work out to well for him. Even in a marked unit, you cannot see the sides of the vehicle indicating its a patrol vehicle and what agency. If there is ever any doubt, pick up the phone and dial 911. The dispatcher will be more than glad to tell you if its a legit traffic stop. They will already know.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
It also could have been his personal vehicle if his department allows for it. It's not too uncommon for police officers to have their persona vehicle outfitted with sirens/lights.

True, if you agency will allow you to do that. I wouldn't recommend though IMO. My Sheriff wouldn't have it and I don't know anyone who would want to outfit their personal hotrod with blue lights and sirens. Not sure your insurance company would be happy with that either. Dosen't make good sense to me, but to each his own. No way I would do that to my GT350. Not even for working special details only either.

Last edited:

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True, if you agency will allow you to do that. I wouldn't recommend though IMO. My Sheriff wouldn't have it and I don't know anyone who would want to outfit their personal hotrod with blue lights and sirens. Not sure your insurance company would be happy with that either. Dosen't make good sense to me, but to each his own. No way I would do that to my GT350. Not even for working special details only either.
I agree. Wouldn't catch me outfitting my car with all that junk. But you know how some new cops are... go straight to a dodge dealer for that sweet 20% financing on a used hellcat now that they got their shiny badge of power. You'll see them flashing it all over the bar and every subway they pass for free sandwiches.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Using a personal vehicle for work? Doesn't make sense any to me unless you drive a true beater shitbox. What you get 54 cents/mile to accelerate the wear on your personal property and pretend they're doing you a favor? When the alternative is for your employer to provide you an entirely dedicated vehicle for work?

Yeah I had them buy me a new Silverado not putting miles on my 5.0 when they don't even make the pretty ones (15-17) anymore

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Using a personal vehicle for work? Doesn't make sense any to me unless you drive a true beater shitbox. What you get 54 cents/mile to accelerate the wear on your personal property and pretend they're doing you a favor? When the alternative is for your employer to provide you an entirely dedicated vehicle for work?

Yeah I had them buy me a new Silverado not putting miles on my 5.0 when they don't even make the pretty ones (15-17) anymore
In the police career field, it is sometimes department policy that allows for using your personal vehicle for police duties if it's equipped with lights/siren. It's not mandatory and many agencies don't have take-home cars so officers do indeed buy auction crown vics or other cheap cars to use instead of heading to the station to pick up a patrol car for overtime work. Also, while en-route to/from the station during normal duty days, they may assist on calls they happen to be near. It's more common in smaller agencies and towns than something like LAPD or what have you.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
A small city just outside Austin has 2 black 5.0 virtually unmarked, shadow writing on the side and then the tell tale lights behind grill and upper windscreen
Sponsored