Thank you Hellion

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
noshine, sorry to hear about your engine failure. I know exactly what your going through.

It happened to me last year, I had the Sleeper kit installed on a 19 Bullitt and 350 miles later it threw a timing chain. Disappointment isn't a word to describe it, it was a devastating blow to my psyche, what a let down, I know exactly how you feel.

In my case I think it may have been improper installation of the oil pump gears, the shop I used had a heck of a time finding a tool to pull parts of an 18+ so I'm inclined to believe something got messed up with the harmonic balancer in the process or it was simply a bad set of OPG's - who knows.

The simple fact is this hobby, while exhilarating, is also expensive and heartbreaking sometimes.
I purchased a MMR 1000 longblock and the car's in process of being put back together as I write this. I sure hope I have better luck this time, and I wish the same for you.
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
noshine, sorry to hear about your engine failure. I know exactly what your going through.

It happened to me last year, I had the Sleeper kit installed on a 19 Bullitt and 350 miles later it threw a timing chain. Disappointment isn't a word to describe it, it was a devastating blow to my psyche, what a let down, I know exactly how you feel.

In my case I think it may have been improper installation of the oil pump gears, the shop I used had a heck of a time finding a tool to pull parts of an 18+ so I'm inclined to believe something got messed up with the harmonic balancer in the process or it was simply a bad set of OPG's - who knows.

The simple fact is this hobby, while exhilarating, is also expensive and heartbreaking sometimes.
I purchased a MMR 1000 longblock and the car's in process of being put back together as I write this. I sure hope I have better luck this time, and I wish the same for you.
Your belief is most likely spot on. Finding the right person to do the job is a job in itself.

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
Well here is my progress.
Cylinder 7 and 8 were like 140psi and have some marks on the Cylinder wall. Getting a lvl3 rebuild from RPG. Hopefully will be back together in 2 months.
Went ahead a got a boost controller, fuel pump and boost a pump

20211225_150428.jpg

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Well here is my progress.
Cylinder 7 and 8 were like 140psi and have some marks on the Cylinder wall. Getting a lvl3 rebuild from RPG. Hopefully will be back together in 2 months.
Went ahead a got a boost controller, fuel pump and boost a pump

20211225_150428.jpg
Hopefully, Will has all the parts. My Lvl3 took closer to 5 months. Waiting for the MLX head gaskets & studs. I’m not sure I’d run a BAP on a 11k shortblock. Get a fuel system if you can swing it

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Looks good noshine. Mine's all back together with a MMR 1000 longblock and waiting to get tuned. Actually have to call a guy today, Rodeheaver's is the name of the operation I've been referred too. (Anyone know of a good tuner in Western NY / Western PA / Ohio / Michigan area if he doesn't work out?)

Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, Will has all the parts. My Lvl3 took closer to 5 months. Waiting for the MLX head gaskets & studs. I’m not sure I’d run a BAP on a 11k shortblock. Get a fuel system if you can swing it
All I have available in my area is 93 octane. No real plans to do more anytime soon, I just decided to get an extremely overbuilt engine. I dont want to pull another motor anytime soon. I opted for 10.5 to 1 compression.

RPG quoted 8 to 9 weeks, seems thier only hold up was pistons, maybe rods. Luckily they let me pay half up front and get my parts ordered. So me pulling the motor and shipping it to CA should be included in that 8 to 9 week time frame. My build wasnt really a LVL 3 I opted for the darton sleaves. which basically put it in the lvl 3 category.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
All I have available in my area is 93 octane. No real plans to do more anytime soon, I just decided to get an extremely overbuilt engine. I dont want to pull another motor anytime soon. I opted for 10.5 to 1 compression.

RPG quoted 8 to 9 weeks, seems thier only hold up was pistons, maybe rods. Luckily they let me pay half up front and get my parts ordered. So me pulling the motor and shipping it to CA should be included in that 8 to 9 week time frame. My build wasnt really a LVL 3 I opted for the darton sleaves. which basically put it in the lvl 3 category.
Gotcha. The compression drop will definitely help with the fueling issue and at a reliable 725-750, it should be a fun car. Enjoy

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. The compression drop will definitely help with the fueling issue and at a reliable 725-750, it should be a fun car. Enjoy
Thank you..

Cant wait to hammer down on it. Got the turbo kit installed and never got to put my foot in it. Car was hurt from the get go. :(

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Glad to see you’re back at it. If I could make a suggestion, you might want to look into cheaper insurance for your motor. Something like a methanol kit. Just have it program the system to come on at 7-9 psi and cutoff around 5 psi., specially since you don’t have E85 in the area. It would probably put your mind at ease a bit.

My motor will be shipped soon and off to the shop I go. We’ll look to put 20 ish psi on it and see what it does. Also looking to swap from 3:73 to 3:15 gears.

Good luck

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Good insurance if you don't have E85 is a can of octane booster with each tank, i.e. Torco, Boostane, etc...

That's what I was planning to do initially anyway. I'm proceeding with the shop I mentioned earlier, and he doesn't even take on Gasoline boosted set-ups, i.e. have to use Flex-Fuel / E85 or he won't touch it. Fortunately I found a few places within 20 miles that have it, so I'm going that route.

Although I've heard E85 can be finicky, I'm willing to spend the extra money and do my research to have that extra safety, I'm with you NoShine I do NOT want to pull another motor anytime soon!

Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Any updates here

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I Waited 3months and canceled my order for a whipple. The time line I was given, I would still be waiting on that whipple to ship. instead I have a Hellion turbo kit ready to install.
Turbos are the master race, I know that now.
You have to understand that OP is TT now. It is superior to any other power adder in terms of cost, ease of installation, reliability and performance. When he goes to the track, there will be no other s550 with a different power adder that will be quicker. Guaranteed. Just watch when he posts up them time slips, you'll see.
Quoted for entertainment value. Love how well this aged lol