bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You want a collector, go with a classic car. Everything else is going to depreciate like a mother. Just my opinion.
Your absolutely right. That just conflicts with my go fast needs. What I should have said. Future collectable value. I wanted a top of the line pony car. And if buying new. I would have had back story when I'm in my 70s-80s. I bought this car new, bla bla bla. It takes time for anything to have collector value. When your talking mass produced cars. I could have got a used Hellcat for 45K. So the depreciation is legit. The guy I talked to. Bought the car in 2015 for 100K. So that tells you all you need to know about high end modern muscle car values.
Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
To be honest I would rather have a nice built boosted GT anyways. I like the idea that if I blow the motor I can be rolling again for a couple grand instead of like 20k for a new motor if i mod a specialty car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the SRT 392 or the Scat Pack is actually the Mopar to have right now in terms of what that platform's competency is. A super comfortable usable and rowdy cruiser. The Hellcat is almost too much. I mean I'd take one but I wouldn't spend money on one. But I really want a Charger Scat Pack as a DD.
Will have to agree with this.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me like you just need to wait for the next GT500. Or, maybe the new Challenger Red Eye.
I wouldn't get the Challenger Red Eye I'd wait till next year when FCA comes out with the Challenger Black Eye. :lol:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Drove my buddies 17' SRT Challenger w/ auto. Straight line it's good. Turning & Braking I would describe as Titanic like. Roomy yes, comfort wise meh. Not for me.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Good choice!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't get the Challenger Red Eye I'd wait till next year when FCA comes out with the Challenger Black Eye. :lol:
The Challenger 1320 SP Drag Pack was rolled out in "Black Eye" paint recently at the car show. It looks like a dodge take on Royal Crimson

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Not enough power for my tastes. I'd have to mod the bullit to get to the 700+ or more horse power level I want to be at. And that kinda ruins the collector aspect of a bullit. So I might as well keep the 15 Gt I already own. It's almost payed off. Already has about 6 grand in mods done. (wheels, Cowl hood, Side scoops, rear spoiler, plus most performance bolt-ons) I've gotten used to running low 9s out of the 95GT I just sold. So anything I bought would have to make silly power.
I put a polished Vortech on my 2009 builtBu and every place I opened the hood I got looks and comments. The polished kit is beautiful and would give you that 600-700rwhp.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I sold the 95GT in my sig a few days ago. Owning a race car is a lot of work! And I’m getting old. I was planning on using that money to buy either a Hellcat or GT500. I test drove a Hellcat again today. Gotta admit I was a little underwhelmed by it. After you get used to a 145trap. A car that traps 125 meh.:shrug:I also kept going over the payments in my head. 30 grand down. $600 a month for 6 years. I gotta say. I do like the way the big girl rides!:thumbsup: very easy to see out of. Great seats. I really like what Dodge did with the car. The GT500 will probably be killer.....If it ever gets built. But the ADM the first year will probably be a back breaker! I really wanted something a little more colectable. And both the Hellcat and GT500 fit that bill. But after going over everything in my head. I just can’t pull the trigger! I decided to just invest a little more money into the 15 GT. And build a Demon killer. It won’t be collectable. But it’ll be fast! Just got done ordering a 900hp Paxton kit from beefcake. I hoping with my current bolt ons. I can trap close to 140 in this car. Just thought I’d share.

You sold the race car for a reason but many times money is just an excuse. Life is short as all us aging guys are finding out. I lost my best friend and two other friends in the last couple of years and one was a real gear head (Corvettes though). Take that money and buy a small boat. Start collecting marshal swords. Try something new. When you find your new calling your Mustang will be just another car.

It happens and it’s tough to start over into something new. But you can still start over in a hobby if you can’t in your main life. If you lament being too old to start over in the real sense, then trying something new on the side is the next best thing. Just try something different. Get a Miata or Toyota 86 and learn to drive by a different philosophy. Or just chuck the whole car thing and do something new.

Live man. Screw some women on the side if you can. You have more options than you think.

Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
But, if one purchases a 'classic' and then adds loads of MODs, wouldn't that devalue the car?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yes mods destroy the value

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
You guys will totally laugh at me on this one. But a new SHO Taurus for 10k off sticker, take it to Livernois Motorsports and put 10-12K in to it with forged bottom end, upgraded fuel and turned. It will do high 10s AWD. Get the performance package. You will have more comfort than the Mopar, similar strip times, great handling, tons of room, i.e. giant trunk, etc. I really miss my pp SHO. 12.99 with just a tune. I've taken many a muscle car from a stop with instant torque and almost no wheel spin. Resale is very poor but they are a real muscle car and every creature comfort. My son bought it from me and every time I get in it, it's a blast!

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You sold the race car for a reason but many times money is just an excuse. Life is short as all us aging guys are finding out. I lost my best friend and two other friends in the last couple of years and one was a real gear head (Corvettes though). Take that money and buy a small boat. Start collecting marshal swords. Try something new. When you find your new calling your Mustang will be just another car.

It happens and it’s tough to start over into something new. But you can still start over in a hobby if you can’t in your main life. If you lament being too old to start over in the real sense, then trying something new on the side is the next best thing. Just try something different. Get a Miata or Toyota 86 and learn to drive by a different philosophy. Or just chuck the whole car thing and do something new.

Live man. Screw some women on the side if you can. You have more options than you think.
  • Got it. Buy a miata. Cheat on my wife.