Sponsored

Test drove a Hellcat again today.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
To the guy that said the car is not that doesn’t have great acceleration Well on the street I ran stock car on radials
9D9B0A5F-50E3-4BB4-B0DA-6AD11C8B4D09.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To the guy that said the car is not that doesn’t have great acceleration Well on the street I ran stock car on radials
9D9B0A5F-50E3-4BB4-B0DA-6AD11C8B4D09.jpeg
Which guy? I said I wasnt impressed with the acceleration. But its all what your comparing it to. 11.1@126. Might be fast to you. Not me.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
You guys will totally laugh at me on this one. But a new SHO Taurus for 10k off sticker, take it to Livernois Motorsports and put 10-12K in to it with forged bottom end, upgraded fuel and turned. It will do high 10s AWD. Get the performance package. You will have more comfort than the Mopar, similar strip times, great handling, tons of room, i.e. giant trunk, etc. I really miss my pp SHO. 12.99 with just a tune. I've taken many a muscle car from a stop with instant torque and almost no wheel spin. Resale is very poor but they are a real muscle car and every creature comfort. My son bought it from me and every time I get in it, it's a blast!
Loved my 2013PP SHO also...Livernois tune really woke it up.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Challenger 1320 SP Drag Pack was rolled out in "Black Eye" paint recently at the car show. It looks like a dodge take on Royal Crimson
See what I mean wait for the Black Eye Challenger it's going to be 2 tens of a second faster.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
It's all relative, pretty hard to compare a stock hellcat to a done up 9 second race car. I like your plans with the s550, better looks and handling than your 95 or a hellcat. I do have a soft spot for the 94 and 95's though. My 95 turned more heads than anything else I ever had. Nothing sounds better than a old school 5.0 with dual chamber flowmasters. I guess it being red might of also contributed to the turned heads, not just civilians but cops also!:cool:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
It's all relative, pretty hard to compare a stock hellcat to a done up 9 second race car. I like your plans with the s550, better looks and handling than your 95 or a hellcat. I do have a soft spot for the 94 and 95's though. My 95 turned more heads than anything else I ever had. Nothing sounds better than a old school 5.0 with dual chamber flowmasters. I guess it being red might of also contributed to the turned heads, not just civilians but cops also!:cool:
I'm with you about the sound, Nothing sounds better than a stroked\race cam winsor. Going thru open racecraft race Headers. I'm going to miss two things about that car. The First will be that incredible race car sound. And the second will be the wheelies! I wont miss checking spark plugs after every nitrous pass. Or putting it on and off the trailer a million times.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
I sold the 95GT in my sig a few days ago. Owning a race car is a lot of work! And I’m getting old. I was planning on using that money to buy either a Hellcat or GT500. I test drove a Hellcat again today. Gotta admit I was a little underwhelmed by it. After you get used to a 145trap. A car that traps 125 meh.:shrug:I also kept going over the payments in my head. 30 grand down. $600 a month for 6 years. I gotta say. I do like the way the big girl rides!:thumbsup: very easy to see out of. Great seats. I really like what Dodge did with the car. The GT500 will probably be killer.....If it ever gets built. But the ADM the first year will probably be a back breaker! I really wanted something a little more colectable. And both the Hellcat and GT500 fit that bill. But after going over everything in my head. I just can’t pull the trigger! I decided to just invest a little more money into the 15 GT. And build a Demon killer. It won’t be collectable. But it’ll be fast! Just got done ordering a 900hp Paxton kit from beefcake. I hoping with my current bolt ons. I can trap close to 140 in this car. Just thought I’d share.
If you wanted something collectible, you should’ve purchased a v6 S550!

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
If you wanted something collectible, you should’ve purchased a v6 S550!
You get the greatest advice on forums. Buy a Miata and cheat on your wife. Now buy a V6.:D

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You get the greatest advice on forums. Buy a Miata and cheat on your wife. Now buy a V6.:D

Yes you do! But if you buy the V6 make sure it is absolutely stock and stays that way as it affects value. Also don’t drive it a lot as the mileage also affects value. I can explain more but others have written books in this. Have fun with you used V6!

V6 forever!!!!!

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yes you do! But if you buy the V6 make sure it is absolutely stock and stays that way as it affects value. Also don’t drive it a lot as the mileage also affects value. I can explain more but others have written books in this. Have fun with you used V6!

V6 forever!!!!!

I should also add that after you over pay for the V6 with the proceeds of the dragster, go back to your favourite drag strip and show all your friends what you have done (I’m sure they will be impressed). Then take it down the quarter at 14+ seconds and recline the seat and bask in the magnificence of your automotive acumen.

Life is good... :D

Last edited:

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I sold the 95GT in my sig a few days ago. Owning a race car is a lot of work! And I’m getting old. I was planning on using that money to buy either a Hellcat or GT500. I test drove a Hellcat again today. Gotta admit I was a little underwhelmed by it. After you get used to a 145trap. A car that traps 125 meh.:shrug:I also kept going over the payments in my head. 30 grand down. $600 a month for 6 years. I gotta say. I do like the way the big girl rides!:thumbsup: very easy to see out of. Great seats. I really like what Dodge did with the car. The GT500 will probably be killer.....If it ever gets built. But the ADM the first year will probably be a back breaker! I really wanted something a little more colectable. And both the Hellcat and GT500 fit that bill. But after going over everything in my head. I just can’t pull the trigger! I decided to just invest a little more money into the 15 GT. And build a Demon killer. It won’t be collectable. But it’ll be fast! Just got done ordering a 900hp Paxton kit from beefcake. I hoping with my current bolt ons. I can trap close to 140 in this car. Just thought I’d share.
You're comparing a modded 145mph car to a stock Hellcat, what were you expecting??
My GSXR 1000 ran a best of 9.8 just under 140 and my Hellcat still impresses me for what it is.

Mustang is cheaper to go fast but making reliable/little maint power in the HC is cheap/easy as well and actually a pretty good bang for buck if you go used:
https://www.a2speed.com/p-3432-a2speed-stage-1-hellcat-810-rwhp-955-hp.aspx

Anyway, If you want to be impressed by a factory stock vehicle, maybe look into something like the 2020 tesla roadster or Mclaren 720S ;)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
IF the hellcat is such a Mustang destroyer.. why is it off the track it's the other way around? #hype

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
IF the hellcat is such a Mustang destroyer.. why is it off the track it's the other way around? #hype
Who's saying the hellcat is a mustang destroyer? :inspect:

I'm saying a pre-owened Hellcat is also a great bang for the buck like the mustang gt as both respond well to mods reliably. 10.80's stock on drag radials is far from hype.

I like your avatar though, great movie :beer:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I like your avatar though, great movie :beer:
Thanks.
Back to the hellcat, key word: Drag radials. With drag radials and enough VHT 300ft down the track 10's all day. Personally I've never seen a hellcat up here run quicker then
a mid 11. Most run 14's. Even the 2 Demons (one blue, the other red.. dunno their names) here barely got into the 10's on Drag radials.
Sponsored