Sponsored

Tesla (S) drivers always want to race me.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Latest craze for me is I continually end up next to a Tesla S model that can't wait to gun it off the line and show me his 3.5 sec car. I've yet to even attempt to race one off the line. I have a GT manual for one and it wouldn't really be close, nor do I care.

So I just accelerate leisurely and watch these asshats go 110% from the light to impress.....I guess themselves. I'm always thinking, WOW, you spent literally $50K more (paid under $30K for my GT new) than me and your car is quicker? No way!! Lol. And it still sounds as exciting as my iron.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I may have posted this before (a search turned up nothing ...)

This idiot in a Model 3 went flying away from the traffic light next to me [now several weeks ago], I was with the family, having a great time with the top down. So he pulls into the Target turn lane, which happen to be where we were headed, I pull in super close behind him and we all start pointing and laughing :D Hahaha, I'm in line at the service lane (ordered Switch cons online, so just picking up) I see the guy come in , looks like a douche, so I yell at the top of my voice "HEY!! TESLA GUY! YOU ARE AWESOME"!!!

He left his friend/girl/wife in his car, so when we were leaving the parking lot, I pulled up behind the car and rev'ed my car super loud, hahahaha, she looked freaked out :)

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
He left his friend/girl/wife in his car, so when we were leaving the parking lot, I pulled up behind the car and rev'ed my car super loud, hahahaha, she looked freaked out :)
And the point of doing that was..........?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Latest craze for me is I continually end up next to a Tesla S model that can't wait to gun it off the line and show me his 3.5 sec car. I've yet to even attempt to race one off the line. I have a GT manual for one and it wouldn't really be close, nor do I care.

So I just accelerate leisurely and watch these asshats go 110% from the light to impress.....I guess themselves. I'm always thinking, WOW, you spent literally $50K more (paid under $30K for my GT new) than me and your car is quicker? No way!! Lol. And it still sounds as exciting as my iron.

Start racing them and get the curiosity monkey off your back. At the right charge and right temperature and car mode they will smoke you! But the lesser models can be beat especially the ordinary Model 3s. Even my humble little V6 can beat those. But the performance versions have to be prepped for that to happen. A quote from my new book:

“Don’t race Tesla’s when they want to. Race them when you want to. When their car is not at optimal condition or not with a full charge. Race intelligently and only on approved closed course simulations.”

Read my book - “Fatguy’s Secrets of Street Racing: Volume 4”

Copyright 2019 - Fatguy

Fatguy Publications

Toronto | London

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
That is crazy. You do live in California which I’m sure is Tesla land. Lol.

No body is begging to race me on the street. Car looks and sounds bone stock too...;).

Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Thinks we're stupid enough to think we have a chance off the line. Thinks he's going to embarrass us? IDK. Like we don't know how fast an awd electric performance car is. We're car guys, we've seen it dude. Not gonna surprise us. Lol.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Tesla’s are cool....I don’t care how fast they are....they also cost more than my car....and if you get the S for 130K I would still rather have a 911.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Tesla’s are cool....I don’t care how fast they are....they also cost more than my car....and if you get the S for 130K I would still rather have a 911.
Hands down. Or a mustang with 70 grand in the trunk.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I’m not dealing with the charging logistics, lackluster design, half ass build (at the price), and just the general ownership and company douche-baggery :)

911 over any Tesla option, no question. Heck even Porsche’s EV looks much better and probably had way better driving dynamics if you really want to go electric.

Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
This is nothing new, aside from the car involved being a Tesla. I can't tell you the number of times freaking Prius drivers (of all cars) gun it once the light turns green. If it's not a Prius, it's a Honda, or a dumbass in a shitty lifted truck, or an FRS. There's always someone out there that has to prove that they are a bigger "man" then me because they're jealous of my cars. My favorite was a V6 Challenger that almost wrecked into a merging car after gunning it from a green light.
But yes, Tesla driver's are the next generation bimmer drivers, and there are PLENTY of both in my neck of the woods...

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
watched one click off an 11.20 in complete silence...i'd let em show off until your ready for that..awd and instant torque way too much for backward thinking stick shifted neaderthals

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It would be interesting to see a Tesla vs an A10 Mustang with PP off the line.

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ive always said if you're only interested in quarter mile times or 0-60, then buy a Tesla. I have a Mustang as I prefer the styling and want the all round performance experience with the engine sound and stick shift.
Sponsored