Sponsored

Tesla (S) drivers always want to race me.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I would be interesting to see a Tesla vs an A10 Mustang with PP. off the line.
The awd S model is 130k. Give me that difference of 90k plus... A e85 tuned a10 with some traction would have no problem with non S version once hooked.

But the electric trend is here to stay and power & performance will get better and better.

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
The awd S model is 130k. Give me that difference of 90k plus... A e85 tuned a10 with some traction would have no problem with non S version once hooked.

But the electric trend is here to stay and power and performance will get better and better.
You're spot on, Electric cars are here to stay. I think the Tesla is neat for what it is NOT that I would ever buy one. As crazy as it sounds, and from an aesthetic point of view, I love the exhaust note of a V8 Engine. Having a car that was super fast like the above mentioned AWD S model would be strange in that it was completely silent! LOL!

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Im happy to race a Tesla S in my GT. Hand the guy a flyer to the next track day or TestNTune and lets do it.

Tesla owners only want to race for a city block or 2. I dont take that bait for several reasons.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I may have posted this before (a search turned up nothing ...)

This idiot in a Model 3 went flying away from the traffic light next to me [now several weeks ago], I was with the family, having a great time with the top down. So he pulls into the Target turn lane, which happen to be where we were headed, I pull in super close behind him and we all start pointing and laughing :D Hahaha, I'm in line at the service lane (ordered Switch cons online, so just picking up) I see the guy come in , looks like a douche, so I yell at the top of my voice "HEY!! TESLA GUY! YOU ARE AWESOME"!!!

He left his friend/girl/wife in his car, so when we were leaving the parking lot, I pulled up behind the car and rev'ed my car super loud, hahahaha, she looked freaked out :)
Sorry you own a Mustang,YOU sound like a real ASSHAT !!!

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I’m not dealing with the charging logistics, lackluster design, half ass build (at the price), and just the general ownership and company douche-baggery :)

911 over any Tesla option, no question. Heck even Porsche’s EV looks much better and probably had way better driving dynamics if you really want to go electric.
I wouldn't piss on a Tesla if it was on fire. Once Porsche and Ford release performance EVs Tesla will be a has been IMO.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Start racing them and get the curiosity monkey off your back. At the right charge and right temperature and car mode they will smoke you! But the lesser models can be beat especially the ordinary Model 3s.
Model 3s are irrelevant to the topic. I have no curiosity or desire to race on the streets at all. I always have the desire to shift my own gears and listen to the V8 symphony though. Enjoyable at any speed.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I wouldn't piss on a Tesla if it was on fire. Once Porsche and Ford release performance EVs Tesla will be a has been IMO.
Yeah, Tesla enjoyed a unique marketspace for the last few years, and had decent timing, but when they become a small player vs. companies who actually know how to manage manufacturing, I think they're just going to fizzle out. They'll wind up being a sort of a "boutique" brand, cranking out a few specialty high end models while Musk pursues his other businesses, Space X, home battery tech, etc., assuming he doesn't completely flip out over the next few years (he seems slightly unstable ...)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
... while Musk pursues his other businesses, Space X, home battery tech, etc., assuming he doesn't completely flip out over the next few years (he seems slightly unstable ...)
They say there's a fine line between genius and insanity. :crazy:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I drove someone's Model S (P85D - so not the fastest one). Without changing any settings - this thing is insane. It also was on some all season tires and in limited experience I had with it on public roads, it was hard to upset and very well balanced / behaved in corners. Certainly better than stock mustang. I believe its suspension lowers itself at certain speed. Mind it was all in whatever standard mode I was handed the car over.
It takes off like a magnetic rollercoaster (best comparison I can come up with).
Anyone thinking they stand a chance has to be out if his/hers mind.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm just waiting for my Civic Type-R hybrid to come with AWD and a less ridiculous looking wing and fake vents.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
And the point of doing that was..........?
I was under the impression everybody revved their Mustang. Why have a V8 and drive like you have a Prius. You are just as bad as the old farts with new, top of the line, Corvettes that putt along like an electric golf cart.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I was under the impression everybody revved their Mustang. Why have a V8 and drive like you have a Prius. You are just as bad as the old farts with new, top of the line, Corvettes that putt along like an electric golf cart.
Hahaha, right? He takes off and does 70+ MPH on a 45MPH public street (bad place too, tons of commercial in/outs and center median cut throughs) ... I idle past him in the parking lot and rev my engine for fun (i.e., "Yeah, but mine sounds like this"). Didn't seem like an unreasonable response :D

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I’m happily not one of those cheesy losers who has to rev his V8 in parking lots which only accentuates a desperate effort by a loser to look cool.

But somehow I don’t DRIVE it like a Prius either. Crazy concept.
Sponsored