Sponsored

Temps are starting to get ridiculous...

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
GT350 CAI. Good seal to the hood. IATs are higher than a closed box but not ridiculous. The second you get past 10 mph they'll drop so relax.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Both! The upper is what forces is it through the thermostat bypass hole.
Makes sense.

OP.... you got some air trapped in your system when you did the 2018 manifold. If it were me I'd install a new 170 thermostat, and refill the system with a vacuum pump.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Makes sense.

OP.... you got some air trapped in your system when you did the 2018 manifold. If it were me I'd install a new 170 thermostat, and refill the system with a vacuum pump.
Gotcha. I'll take care of this next time I'm at the shop and post the results.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Funny you say that. I just got home from running errands in 119 deg outside temps and humid. Car was relatively cool in the 205-210 CHT range until it got heat soaked. After that I saw 219 deg CHT temps and 211 degree ECT's. As soon as i started driving they both went down quickly and were back in the 205 CHT range once I got home. I was once told by a veteran mechanic that you can really only ask an engine to operate 100 degrees above ambient when it's hot outside.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
With my PMAS setup the way it is, I have never seen more than about 45 degrees increase in IAT. I took note a few weeks ago when it was 103 on my car thermometer. I sat idling for 10 minutes (think I was waiting for a train or something). It maxed out at 154 degrees, bounced below and back up to 154. Before you do the math, note that even when my car is stone cold, the IAT is usually 6 degrees above on startup, compared to what the car is telling me for outside temp. I think my CHT is always around 205.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
With my PMAS setup the way it is, I have never seen more than about 45 degrees increase in IAT. I took note a few weeks ago when it was 103 on my car thermometer. I sat idling for 10 minutes (think I was waiting for a train or something). It maxed out at 154 degrees, bounced below and back up to 154. Before you do the math, note that even when my car is stone cold, the IAT is usually 6 degrees above on startup, compared to what the car is telling me for outside temp. I think my CHT is always around 205.
I have noticed that if you log Ambient Air Temp on the nGauge, it doesn't match the ambient temp displayed on the Radio screen. I can't remember if it was high or low, but it was off by like 4-5 degrees. I found this kind of odd and wonder if there is some kind of correction going on in the radio display, also which is the most accurate number.

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
I have noticed that if you log Ambient Air Temp on the nGauge, it doesn't match the ambient temp displayed on the Radio screen. I can't remember if it was high or low, but it was off by like 4-5 degrees. I found this kind of odd and wonder if there is some kind of correction going on in the radio display, also which is the most accurate number.
Mine is the same. When the temp changes by a degree it shows up first on the nguage but the radio show the same about 2 sec later.