OP

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
We also should write out the differences for our friends down under and in Europe. I know there are slight differences to those cars aesthetically and with important hardware like the rear differential.

I don't know of any other global markets, but feel free to add. I'm very happy to see the M1 being exported globally!

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Another great one here.

C3BF760C-201B-4C8B-8E01-64A372042726.jpeg

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Does anyone know the nit and gritty, under the surface technical modifications made to the Mach 1 which were not published in marketing materials? How is the car which was designed for severe track use built differently?

Anyone who has experience in a 2018+ GT can tell you these are very different cars.

For example, I've read the 10R80 torque converter has been redesigned on the Mach 1. From my 2019 GT, my Mach 1 literally shifts twice as fast. It is also predictable and smooth.

The Mach 1 also appears to come with a 180⁰ thermostat from the factory.

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Guys, do you have any idea what the front-rear weight distribution (balance) of the Mach 1 is? It is nowhere to be found on the tech specs. Also whether there's a difference between PP and Non-PP.

theshawnc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There is NO difference between the PP and HP Mach 1 other than spring rates the fact that the rear bar is solid on HP and hollow on PP, HP gives bigger wheels tires and spoilers and camber plates. All the rest is exactly same. Basically it’s just like a FP handling pack for Mach 1 with wheels tires and bigger spoilers.

Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
There is NO difference between the PP and HP Mach 1 other than spring rates rear bar solid on HP hollow on PP wheels tires and spoilers. And HP has camber plates. All the rest is exactly same.
Yep, that's clear, but yet again may change the weight distribution. Also, I assume there may be slight change depending whether it is Manual or A10 gearbox, as there's a difference of 45 pound(20 kilos) between the M6 and the A10. So in theory, albeit heavier, the A10 may be closer to 50/50 weight distribution. Still good to know it is really close to 50/50

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
Does the Mach 1 come the stronger axles from the factory?

Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Does anyone know the nit and gritty, under the surface technical modifications made to the Mach 1 which were not published in marketing materials? How is the car which was designed for severe track use built differently?

Anyone who has experience in a 2018+ GT can tell you these are very different cars.

For example, I've read the 10R80 torque converter has been redesigned on the Mach 1. From my 2019 GT, my Mach 1 literally shifts twice as fast. It is also predictable and smooth.

The Mach 1 also appears to come with a 180⁰ thermostat from the factory.
Was your 19 GT a PP car? Could you elaborate further on the differences, especially in regard to A10 performance?

As far as I am aware, compared to PP1, M1 has:
1. Oil Cooler
2. Trans cooler for Tremec, better trans cooler for 10r80
3. Diff cooler
4. Shelby car front/rear subframes
5. Updated brake cooling
6. Shelby magride dampers(GT500?)
7. Shelby springs
8. Larger sway bars

I had read on these forums before that the upgraded TQ convertor may not have actualy materailzed past ford marketing material. I also have not seen any evidence of 180F thermo in M1 for trans cooler.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
From my research:

BULLITT

Engine – Modified Bullitt Engine

MUSTANG GT PERFORMANCE PACK 2

Spoiler

Brembo Six-Piston Front Brakes

Engine Spun Aluminum Instrument Panel

Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)

Heavy-Duty Front Springs

K-Brace

Larger Radiator

Performance Rear Wing

Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace

TORSEN Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)

TORSEN Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic) (PP1)

Unique Chassis Tuning

Unique Stability Control, EPAS, and ABS Tuning

Upsized Rear Sway Bar

Front Splitter

SHELBY GT350/GT350R

Air Intake

Intake Manifold

Engine Oil Cooler

Oil-Filter Adapter

Tow Link

Tremec Six-Speed Manual Transmission

Throttle Body

Transmission Cooler

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires (Mach 1 Handling Package) (GT350R)

Lower Front Vents

Stiffer Bushings in Front and Rear Subframe

Tire Fitment (Mach 1 Handling Package)

Incandescent Park/Turn Lamps

Adjustable Camber Plates

Differential Cooling System (GT350R)

SHELBY GT500

Rear Axle Cooling System

Rear Diffuser

Exhaust Tips

Mufflers

Rear Tire Spats

Swing Wing with Gurney Flap (Mach 1 Handling Package)

Rear Toe Link

Splined Intermediate Steering Shaft

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Trying not to go through everything with a fine tooth comb or be nit picky, but these things immediately jumped out and / or I have a genuine interest in finding out more :

SHELBY GT350/GT350R

Tow Link

SHELBY GT500

Rear Toe Link
Do we know what's actually different with the tow link ? Another (M1) forum user removed theirs, and couldn't find any difference between it, and one from a PP1 (including the toe link bearing - which is still rubber in the M1)

SHELBY GT350/GT350R

Stiffer Bushings in Front and Rear Subframe
I know about the rear, but what about the front ?

Unless I'm missing something, unlike the rear, the front subframe (all models) bolts to the body solidly :

1706171241533.jpeg

So is the comment referring to other things that bolt to the subframe - engine mounts, front arms etc ?

SHELBY GT500

Exhaust Tips

Mufflers
Exhaust tips are M1 specific, attached to a GT muffler :like:

WD :like:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Trying not to go through everything with a fine tooth comb or be nit picky, but these things immediately jumped out and / or I have a genuine interest in finding out more :

Do we know what's actually different with the tow link ? Another (M1) forum user removed theirs, and couldn't find any difference between it, and one from a PP1 (including the toe link bearing - which is still rubber in the M1)

I know about the rear, but what about the front ?

Unless I'm missing something, unlike the rear, the front subframe (all models) bolts to the body solidly :

1706171241533.jpeg

So is the comment referring to other things that bolt to the subframe - engine mounts, front arms etc ?

Exhaust tips are M1 specific, attached to a GT muffler :like:

WD :like:
I researched and found these from articles written by Ford and Car magazines. None of them really went into specfics of each part. Ford Performance should list each part they added from the Shelby's and list the actual difference instead of us having to gather information from other sources.

Last edited:

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Was your 19 GT a PP car? Could you elaborate further on the differences, especially in regard to A10 performance?

As far as I am aware, compared to PP1, M1 has:
1. Oil Cooler
2. Trans cooler for Tremec, better trans cooler for 10r80
3. Diff cooler
4. Shelby car front/rear subframes
5. Updated brake cooling
6. Shelby magride dampers(GT500?)
7. Shelby springs
8. Larger sway bars

I had read on these forums before that the upgraded TQ convertor may not have actualy materailzed past ford marketing material. I also have not seen any evidence of 180F thermo in M1 for trans cooler.
My 2019 GT was a premium non-PP car. The A10 clearly behaves very differently in my Mach than it did in the 2019. I also cannot confirm if the car actually received a redesigned torque converter or if it is merely tuned differently.

-I was referring to the 180⁰ engine thermostat. In my 2019, even with a mishimoto triple pass radiator, coolant Temps could reach 220⁰ under normal driving on a hot day. The mach tends to to sit around 190⁰ and touch 200 during aggressive driving. The mach also has front baffling which boxes in the front radiator. Read about the in-depth experimentation some guys have done with their GT's on the track. They've found radiator baffling to be one of the most important variables in managing engine Temps.
Sponsored