Sponsored

Tech Package Poll

Did you spec your GT500 with the Technology Package?

• Total voters

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I had no problem ordering the tech package for the CFTP. The sum of the weight really isn't a lot. The subwoofer is the anchor and millstone in that package and is easily removed. Its not like getting a base R, the car still has a lot of the items that weigh whether you get the package or not. It really just comes down to cost.

For instance, when I replaced the rear speakers in one of my R models (when I had it all apart for the roll cage install), the OEM speakers hardly weighed anything. Despite the B&O name, I suspect the speakers will be about the same quality. I should have mine soon, and when I install the Watson lightweight roll cage (that I had manufactured for us in the group buy), I'll be sure to pull a speaker and check out the weight and quality.

The only thing that the CFTP is lacking is the ability to get painted side stripes. I recently bought a set of vinyl side stripes to install. Its a shame they aren't available to be painted on along with the over the top stripes.

You'll see it soon enough. It should be coming out of Penske this week and then the wait on the shipping both out of Flat Rock and then the rail yard. It sure would be nice if I could pick it up in Flat Rock.

When you get ready to do Roll bar, want to make a party and do 2 at one time????:angel::angel::angel::angel:
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I had no problem ordering the tech package for the CFTP. The sum of the weight really isn't a lot. The subwoofer is the anchor and millstone in that package and is easily removed. Its not like getting a base R, the car still has a lot of the items that weigh whether you get the package or not. It really just comes down to cost.

For instance, when I replaced the rear speakers in one of my R models (when I had it all apart for the roll cage install), the OEM speakers hardly weighed anything. Despite the B&O name, I suspect the speakers will be about the same quality. I should have mine soon, and when I install the Watson lightweight roll cage (that I had manufactured for us in the group buy), I'll be sure to pull a speaker and check out the weight and quality.

The only thing that the CFTP is lacking is the ability to get painted side stripes. I recently bought a set of vinyl side stripes to install. Its a shame they aren't available to be painted on along with the over the top stripes.

You'll see it soon enough. It should be coming out of Penske this week and then the wait on the shipping both out of Flat Rock and then the rail yard. It sure would be nice if I could pick it up in Flat Rock.

I am looking forward to seeing this monster also!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
When you get ready to do Roll bar, want to make a party and do 2 at one time????:angel::angel::angel::angel:
As always, I will lend any tech assistance you require, but you have to be the one to drill those holes. One screwup and you have just F'd a rare and expensive car.

I plan to take another path. I have a design where I wont have to drill. I had Frank at Watson inquire with the engineers to ascertain the minimum amount of welding needed to secure the support arms. Hint: I won't be drilling the car nor will I be welding the arms to the trunk.

Stay tuned.....

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
As always, I will lend any tech assistance you require, but you have to be the one to drill those holes. One screwup and you have just F'd a rare and expensive car.

I plan to take another path. I have a design where I wont have to drill. I had Frank at Watson inquire with the engineers to ascertain the minimum amount of welding needed to secure the support arms. Hint: I won't be drilling the car nor will I be welding the arms to the trunk.

Stay tuned.....
interested in this idea

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Stay tuned.....
I asked <--- her if she would make some popcorn, Tom. She said, no problemo. :-)

This is going to be good, I can tell. <smile>

Sponsored

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Yeah was never planning on going full conversion myself, simply that rear seat delete if I can swing it, totally completes the look/feel with the Recaros. Perfect excuse to never have to stuff someone in the back either, and who knows, maybe a little more exhaust note and trunk subwoofer coming through. And the Signatures of course, although haven't settled on an exact wheel + tire combo.

And maybe, just maybe a carbon fiber hood vent from FP if I'm feeling like a gift for myself one of these days to match the interior dash.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I asked <--- her if she would make some popcorn, Tom. She said, no problemo. :-)

This is going to be good, I can tell. <smile>
Did she make enough to share or should I go get my own?? LOL

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah was never planning on going full conversion myself, simply that rear seat delete if I can swing it, totally completes the look/feel with the Recaros. Perfect excuse to never have to stuff someone in the back either, and who knows, maybe a little more exhaust note and trunk subwoofer coming through. And the Signatures of course, although haven't settled on an exact wheel + tire combo.

And maybe, just maybe a carbon fiber hood vent from FP if I'm feeling like a gift for myself one of these days to match the interior dash.
@Skwibbs , where in Orlando??

I am in the Apopka area.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
@Skwibbs , where in Orlando??

I am in the Apopka area.
Winter Springs, guess not technically in Orlando proper. Used to go down there a lot before lockdowns though, whether it be to go to Porsche South Orlando (has to be the nicest dealer I've ever stepped foot in. They had a 918 in for service last time I was there), or to get my sleeve done.

Just passed through Apopka today actually for some business in Ocala.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Winter Springs, guess not technically in Orlando proper. Used to go down there a lot before lockdowns though, whether it be to go to Porsche South Orlando (has to be the nicest dealer I've ever stepped foot in. They had a 918 in for service last time I was there), or to get my sleeve done.

Just passed through Apopka today actually for some business in Ocala.

I know winter springs area, good friend lives over there.

going to PM you.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Did she make enough to share or should I go get my own??
She actually arrived pulling a small trailer with the largest popcorn machine I've ever SEEN! Plenty to go around, mate. :-)

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
The only reason I didn’t want the tech package is I hate the BLIS system. I’d rather have the split mirror, just my opinion
Sponsored