Tech Pack OBD temp gauge - cheap

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
First day monitoring transmission temps, normal drive home. No hard driving since I got stuck behind a prius, I wonder if there transmission got this hot?
Screenshot_20160818-174248.jpg
Sponsored

shelby24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
anyone keep getting a connection failure notice while trying to pair up LE Link to OBD Fusion app??

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
anyone keep getting a connection failure notice while trying to pair up LE Link to OBD Fusion app??
Mine has been working flawlessly using KIWI3 OBD reader. Soon i'll be taking the plunge and getting OBDLink MX reader and start messing with Forscan.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I came across this thread after the forscan one. I already ordered an OBDLink MX Bluetooth scan tool and plan on using forscan to modify some things. In the meantime, I wanted to be able to monitor my transmission fluid temp using the "free" OBDLink android app (not available on iOS) that works with the OBDLink MX Bluetooth. I was able to get it working, it's similar to Torque but it was a little harder adding a custom PID. If anyone else comes across this and wants me to type out instructions, let me know. Tag or PM me and I'll add the info to this thread.

[MENTION=20343]GT_Dave[/MENTION] how did you come up with the formula for the transmission fluid temp? Is that a standard formula or did you have to figure it out? I did some spirited high rev driving today and my max trans temps were 186F~. Granted we had ambient temps of 45-65F today.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Sorry to bump this old thread, but anyone know if this would work on a 2018 GT non PP or is this specific to the GT350?

Thanks

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Sorry to bump this old thread, but anyone know if this would work on a 2018 GT non PP or is this specific to the GT350?

Thanks
Look in the Forscan thread to see if it’s doable in your ‘18 GT.

Using external means to monitor the GT350 transmission temp became moot when we learned how to turn on the feature that was built into the OEM display, but turned off by Ford at the factoey.

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP

Thanks
The GT MT82 do not have a trans temp sensor, so the PCM does not have a source to read from. This will not work for a GT, you'd have to add your own sensor.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
The GT MT82 do not have a trans temp sensor, so the PCM does not have a source to read from. This will not work for a GT, you'd have to add your own sensor.
Thank you !

OP
OP
GT_Dave

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Here is a link for an option that you can do for the GT, it is a fairly simple install. I use this gauge system still on my GT350. Installed these gauges before we learned about the Forscan option. For the trans sensor I drilled and tapped a hole in an exterior support fin. It reads ± 2 degrees from the factory sensor. The differential sensor was mounted in the hole for the factory unit.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/trans-diff-temperature-gauge-mounting.49999/
Sponsored