Sponsored

Taillights cracked, how to fix?

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have the chrome taillights and bought some “perfect shape” taillights and when I got them I noticed that the left side has a crack on the bottom, Its not broken off but its noticeable, so Im wondering if somone could give me any advide on how to fix them?

The guy said he hadn’t noticed the crack since the car I got it from was involved in a wreck and he didnt even clean the taillights so it wasn’t noticeable until I cleaned them but he said he will give me a discount on them if I keep them or I can send them back
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have the chrome taillights and bought some “perfect shape” taillights and when I got them I noticed that the left side has a crack on the bottom, Its not broken off but its noticeable, so Im wondering if somone could give me any advide on how to fix them?

The guy said he hadn’t noticed the crack since the car I got it from was involved in a wreck and he didnt even clean the taillights so it wasn’t noticeable until I cleaned them but he said he will give me a discount on them if I keep them or I can send them back
Throw on a pic or 2. Nice to see where the crack is on order to give better advice. Not saying I could give any thou......:headbonk:

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Bottom left is where it has the crack
C83D5CFE-E7B5-4D83-B87C-B94DE9C4F4CB.jpeg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Bottom left is where it has the crack
I am no expert by any means.... but a few drops of strategically placed clear guerilla glue, crazy glue or an epoxy and a clamp to hold it may help. But I don't think it can be fixed without seeing the crack. :shrug:

But looking at the pic, it looks like there are a couple of small pieces missing on each end of the crack. Its almost like the taillight was dropped on that edge sometime after removal.:doh:
Sponsored