Not open for further replies.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
FORscan edits to modules for HD Radio

LMFAO $2099 for an APIM, a harness and FORSCan programming you can do yourself?!?!? 4Dtech is the biggest bunch of rip off artists out there. You can do everything they do for 1/4 of that $2099. I make that hub adapter for $10, the same thing they charge $50 f'n dollars for. This thread is for people that aren't interested in taking it in the a$$
I just received my "new" ACM which is HD Radio and Sirius. I plan to install this weekend and then program the modules. For now I will limit this to simply telling the car (came to me with 400A Pkg and touchscreen Nav - it's a new 2017) that it has HD Radio and can show those features just like it would for the 401A package.

As I understand, this is an edit to the APIM for as-built data, nothing more required to it or other modules? What line(s) in APIM am I looking for to change? I don't have to program my car's VIN to the ACM in doing any of this do I?

Down the road I may well do the ACM edit to get unprocessed low-level preamp outputs from the head unit to go with a full aftermarket amps and speakers layout, however for now, just the HD mod. Thanks!
Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
LMFAO $2099 for an APIM, a harness and FORSCan programming you can do yourself?!?!? 4Dtech is the biggest bunch of rip off artists out there. You can do everything they do for 1/4 of that $2099. I make that hub adapter for $10, the same thing they charge $50 f'n dollars for. This thread is for people that aren't interested in taking it in the a$$
lol. yes I expected that reaction. I could do it myself, locate all the parts, and do the wiring and piece it all together. but I am willing to pay someone else for the convenience of only having to put about a half hour of my time in the project. I have too many other projects going. I have reupholstered my seats, replaced my exhaust system, and a few other things. I have spent enough time on the mustang for awhile and need to get to many other projects awaiting my attention.

However, even if people here think it is heresy to bring up a marked up kit for sale, the install video is still a good resource for tearing your dash apart properly and getting it back together. Good luck with your project. I plan to be started and done with it next Thursday. :thumbsup:

Besides, 2 grand is still way cheaper than buying a new car just to get CarPlay, as many are contemplating. :headbonk:

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The APIM doesn't have the VIN stored in it, it's another fallacy these guys who charge to program tell everyone. It will display your VIN bc it's transmitted via CAN from the BCM.

There is a video being shot next week on soldier989s car that will detail the install. If people want to throw a bunch of money at this:
1.Buy me some AR Headers
2.Bring your car to Columbus or Greater Cincinnati for an install
3.Enjoy.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just received my "new" ACM which is HD Radio and Sirius. I plan to install this weekend and then program the modules. For now I will limit this to simply telling the car (came to me with 400A Pkg and touchscreen Nav - it's a new 2017) that it has HD Radio and can show those features just like it would for the 401A package.

As I understand, this is an edit to the APIM for as-built data, nothing more required to it or other modules? What line(s) in APIM am I looking for to change? I don't have to program my car's VIN to the ACM in doing any of this do I?

Down the road I may well do the ACM edit to get unprocessed low-level preamp outputs from the head unit to go with a full aftermarket amps and speakers layout, however for now, just the HD mod. Thanks!
My APIM which came from a non-HD car recognized the ACM with HD instantly, no programming needed. This is another reason I stress time and time again to get the VIN from the car your ACM or APIM comes from.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My APIM which came from a non-HD car recognized the ACM with HD instantly, no programming needed. This is another reason I stress time and time again to get the VIN from the car your ACM or APIM comes from.
Out of curiosity, I downloaded and ran Jesse's module comparator program on my VIN and that of another car I saw locally. That car has 401A, so it has a subwoofer and HD Radio unlike mine. I saw 2 differences in the APIM lines, one in the ACM and one in the DSP. See summary below. Interesting if all I have to do is physically swap the new head unit for old with no programming or editing required! (See below - radio worked fine without programming, but APIM will need an edit to show HD options under "radio settings"). By the way, the two cars show different part # for APIM and the ACM, same part # for the DSP.

APIM 7D0-01-01 has my car at (it shows these as binary) second to last byte of 8 characters: 00000010. The other car has that as 00000011.

APIM 7D0-01-04 shows: my last bit is 0, the other is 1.

ACM 727-01-02 has my car at first byte 00000010, the other at 00000011.

DSP 783-01-01 has my car in the first byte at 00000000, the other car is 00010000.

Last edited:

Sponsored

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Confirmed

I was prepared to program my car, but after plugging in my replacement ACM, I found that the HD radio feature works just fine without a need for me to run FORscan and edit anything. My car recognizes and allows me to tune HD stations. Good deal with less bother! However, I will need to program the APIM module so that it can add the user options for FM HD Radio - to enable or disable under "radio settings." Right now that item is missing. I will do this soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Can I use the SYNC 3 APIM off of a fusion?
We think that it works. So I can't say yes or no until you actually try it. The wiring for the newer Fusion APIM matches the 15-17 cars. You will need to change the brackets though [MENTION=29252]mgrey[/MENTION] and do programming with FORScan

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was prepared to program my car, but after plugging in my replacement ACM, I found that the HD radio feature works just fine without a need for me to run FORscan and edit anything. My car recognizes and allows me to tune HD stations. Good deal with less bother! However, I will need to program the APIM module so that it can add the user options for FM HD Radio - to enable or disable under "radio settings." Right now that item is missing. I will do this soon.
You know I never checked my car to see if that was there! Thanks for the heads ip

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
We think that it works. So I can't say yes or no until you actually try it. The wiring for the newer Fusion APIM matches the 15-17 cars. You will need to change the brackets though [MENTION=29252]mgrey[/MENTION] and do programming with FORScan

Interesting. Because the fusion systems are about a 130$

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Interesting. Because the fusion systems are about a 130$
For Sync 3? I'd grab it at that price and see what you find. Obviously will require at least the splash screen to be changed via FORscan

Status
Not open for further replies.