hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
Hi y'all Mustang owners

On my GT 2019 the sync 3 software automatically updated to version 3.4 some weeks ago. But now the problems have started and I get different errors that occur randomly during driving from cold or warm start and not on every trip I do in the car. These errors are periodically when I drive and is displayed on the center screen. These errors occur and below is just translated from Danish:
1. Hill start assist not available
2. Pre collision assist not available
3. Drive mode choice not available (when flicking the center toggle to change the drive mode to e.g. track)
4. In the screen appears a car illustration with a red warning symbol on top of the roof indicating there are problems with the rear end camera but not always related to when I shift the gear in to reverse).

These errors sometimes comes one or more together. It all started when the software where updated to latest version. The local Ford shop/dealer is on the case but hasn't solved it yet and is struggling. They have checked cables and fittings to the sensors and changed a computer box.

As for stock vs modified my car only has a new set of sequential lights which are not standard stock in Europe. Everything else regarding electrical is stock.

Do you guys have any suggestions or have experienced anything similar?

Thx, Kurt
Sponsored

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Well, the obvious things are revert to the previous software version and re update it.
Or
Revert to the previous version and discontinue the automatic updates until the bugs are worked out.

OP
OP

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
Well, the obvious things are revert to the previous software version and re update it.
Or
Revert to the previous version and discontinue the automatic updates until the bugs are worked out.
My thoughts too but for some reason Ford says they cannot revert so I am a bit stuck if that's correct.

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Can you download the 3.4 update to a USB stick, then
upload/overwrite the auto update.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
Can you download the 3.4 update to a USB stick, then
upload/overwrite the auto update.
Not possible since my VIN is updated. Is there any where you can get the latest version for download ?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK, why is everyone just assuming the new issues are due to the SYNC update. The timing sucks for sure but I wouldn't be to fast to jump on the 3.4 bandwagon. It could be just be a coincidence and these issues are not related.

By the way when did you change your lights.

One last thing. Do you do a SYNC 3 master reset and did you pull the battery cable and let it sit for awhile?

OP
OP

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
OK, why is everyone just assuming the new issues are due to the SYNC update. The timing sucks for sure but I wouldn't be to fast to jump on the 3.4 bandwagon. It could be just be a coincidence and these issues are not related.

By the way when did you change your lights.

One last thing. Do you do a SYNC 3 master reset and did you pull the battery cable and let it sit for awhile?
The lights where changed about 6 months before the SW update with no issues with them in that period.
I did a master reset after install but I did not pull the battery. Worth trying.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The lights where changed about 6 months before the SW update with no issues with them in that period.
It did a master reset after install but I did not pull the battery. Worth trying.
Always worth a try. I'm sorry but did not notice that you were in Denmark. Dealers here in the US could have a problem diagnosing something like this. Your dealer may need to ask for some assistance directly from Ford. Do not let them use your car as a guinea pig.

OP
OP

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
Always worth a try. I'm sorry but did not notice that you were in Denmark. Dealers here in the US could have a problem diagnosing something like this. Your dealer may need to ask for some assistance directly from Ford. Do not let them use your car as a guinea pig.
They are in contact with Ford US but the communication is slow and by mail. Ellaborate on g.pig - how do you mean?

Sponsored

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Not possible since my VIN is updated. Is there any where you can get the latest version for download ?
I'm pretty sure the USB stick is write protected with the VIN.

Can you call Ford and ask for an 3.4 USB stick to be sent to you?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They are in contact with Ford US but the communication is slow and by mail. Ellaborate on g.pig - how do you mean?
Do not just let them try things and hope they get lucky. Intermittent electronic issues can be hard and need proper diagnosis.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
That's only for the Map update. Regular Sync updates are not VIN restricted.

Ford is not going to do this until they believe the update is the cause of the issues. Also if this is going to be done, best it be done at the dealer so that they can continue to troublshoot if needed.

Kurt, until a proper diagnosis is made just leave your SYNC system alone. Trying to redo it might cause additional issues making it even harder to find the actual issue.

Now of course it could be the SYNC update but no one on this forum has reported the issues you have.

OP
OP

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0

Maybe. I have a exfat formatet USB ready. I used it to update the nav maps but that also gave an issue so it seems like the update did not complete. I should have driven the car for some hours - I think it took about 3 hours to install latest nav maps
Sponsored