Swift Spec-R Springs- Specs and Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I track a e46 m3 track car in the most advanced groups in my local organizations. I would say I have a good amount of experience under my belt.
Again, I don't know this platform that well as I just got the car 5 days ago. :cheers:

But generally speaking, a novice who is not comfortable at 9/10ths+ with all nannies off would do better with less spring and less tire. Stiff spring with bad shocks is a bad combo. Stiff springs with bad shocks and super sticky tires is even worse. Your springs should be as stiff as your dampers can allow.

From what I have been reading, Koni yellows + swift or BMR handling or steeda linear ultralights seem to be the way to go for a real OEM+ sport suspension that can actually take track abuse.

I have had Koni based coilovers on my M3 before they did not provide enough dampening for extreme spring rates. My M3 runs 700/850 spring rates on JRZ shocks. Those can easily handle higher spring rates.

From my experience with Koni coilovers, the base valving was not suitable for 700+ lbs spring rates.

Swift states their shock was designed for the upper limits of the PP suspension. I would imagine that this would ideally mate extremely well with the Konis.

Is there a chart that describes spring rates for all of the available performance oriented springs? I'd love to know the spring rates and the estimated drop information.

I hate slammed cars but I hate too much gap. :)
I am running these Swift Spec-R springs with the Konis. Spring rates on the Swifts are over 700lbs and I can tell you that chances are you will not find a better setup unless you spend about $4000 on coil overs. In 3000 miles I tried 3 sets of springs and have Sportlines BNIB in my garage and I do not think I will install them. This setup is sweet. I do not know what else to post to convince you. And these Swift Spec-Rs are LINEAR
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I am running these Swift Spec-R springs with the Konis. Spring rates on the Swifts are over 700lbs and I can tell you that chances are you will not find a better setup unless you spend about $4000 on coil overs. In 3000 miles I tried 3 sets of springs and have Sportlines BNIB in my garage and I do not think I will install them. This setup is sweet. I do not know what else to post to convince you. And these Swift Spec-Rs are LINEAR
Very true! I feel the same way about the Swift springs on many of my cars! :)

-Josh

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Surprised, frankly, how little increased spring rate there is on many aftermarket springs relative to stock (PP springs).

Last edited:

Brooks_Church

Team Rowdy RTR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber GT PP RTR Spec 2 #010
I have had numerous cars with swift products. 2013 BRZ with FA 600's with Swift Springs, 2015 BRZ with Swift Spec R's, E46 330i ZHP with FA 500's and Swift Springs and driven NUMEROUS cars with similar packages. I am 100% behind this company. I track all of my cars as well and drive them on the street. Swift truly makes the best of both world and makes every vehicle ride better than stock with making it handle like a dream!

I can not wait to purchase a set of these soon for my GB 17 GT Track Pack.

Now I am brand new to big American v8's and S550's. So I hope to report back soon with good news!

Sponsored

OP
OP

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have had numerous cars with swift products. 2013 BRZ with FA 600's with Swift Springs, 2015 BRZ with Swift Spec R's, E46 330i ZHP with FA 500's and Swift Springs and driven NUMEROUS cars with similar packages. I am 100% behind this company. I track all of my cars as well and drive them on the street. Swift truly makes the best of both world and makes every vehicle ride better than stock with making it handle like a dream!

I can not wait to purchase a set of these soon for my GB 17 GT Track Pack.

Now I am brand new to big American v8's and S550's. So I hope to report back soon with good news!
:D we use it on all of our race cars.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Swift springs are the best springs that I installed on my GT. I installed them twice they are that good. Even had them on my Evo. They really are quality grades above the rest. :headbang:

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Anyone here running swift with stock pp dampers? I know aftermarket is advised but I also need new tires and unfortunately can't afford both.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.