Swift Spec-R Springs- Specs and Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
We have seen that many have not heard of Swift springs, mainly due to the fact that they are known for imports and this is the first year that they make springs for the Mustang. We would like to give more information and details on Swift springs.

Swift Springs was founded in 1997 in Tokyo Japan as a motor sports division of Tokyo Hatsujo Manufacturing Co, Ltd. that has been leading the spring industry since 1924. Since the formation of Swift, it has been lead by the former racer and suspension expert, Kei Yokota, and the chief engineer, Yasu Saito. Swift has made a name for itself on the tracks of Asia, Europe, and U.S. by defying all accepted concepts and speculations about the future, if any, in coil spring science.

All Springs are not created equal, the diameters and spring rates can be similar, but the process of manufacturing springs plays a huge factor in how they will perform. Through extensive knowledge in performance springs, Swift has perfected the process of manufacturing springs. When many other companies were looking at expensive and brittle titanium composites to create the next evolution of springs, Swift was looking at reinventing the entire science of coil spring dynamics. Swift's R & D team created material, called H5S.TW, which is stronger then regular silicon chrome material. Because of this material, Swift has been able to make spring wire thinner, and could wind the springs with fewer coils, which greatly decreases weight while dramatically increasing available stroke.

The Spec-R springs are a very performance oriented linear lowering spring. During the development of these springs available stroke was tested as well as the geometries of the chassis to figure out the drop. Swift Spec-R springs are designed at the upper limits of the OEM shock valving. They are track tested and tuned for optimum performance, yet comfortable enough for a daily driver.

SPECIFICATIONS; RATE in LBS, DROP in INCHES
|-------------|---------|---------|--------|--------|
| TYPE ...... | F RATE. | R RATE. | F DROP | R DROP |
|-------------|---------|---------|--------|--------|
| Linear .... | 279 ... | 782 ... | 1.1... | 1.0... |

We have personally have experienced a great reduction in body roll, reduced nose-dive, and improved handling. We are confident that previous and current Swift owners can attest to the quality and performance of these springs.

Track time of our Mustang with and without swift springs at the track.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500&page=2

Pictures of our Mustang at the track:

Shop Mustang with Swift springs.

Apex EC-7's&Swifts

Vorsteiner V-FF 101&JRZ/Swifts

Sponsored

Last edited:

carlin777

Carlin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just found these because BMR sold out of handling springs. Did my research and am going to use your springs. FRPP dampers or Koni better with your springs. Only choice I have left to make.

OP
OP

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Just found these because BMR sold out of handling springs. Did my research and am going to use your springs. FRPP dampers or Koni better with your springs. Only choice I have left to make.
We would recommend Koni's as they allow you to have that extra fine tuning with adjust-ability. We have had customers with Koni/Swift setups on their vehicles before and were happy with the setup and ride quality.

As you probably already know Koni's are not yet available and are expected to be out about mid-May. We would be more than happy to help you with the Koni/Swift setup. :)

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You have anyone use the Swift springs on an EB yet? I'd like to hear how the work and see some pics of the drop if possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
You have anyone use the Swift springs on an EB yet? I'd like to hear how the work and see some pics of the drop if possible.
We personally don't have anyone with an EcoBoost on swift springs. They will fit an Ecoboost, but it is not fully recommended as Swift did not specifically design these springs with the Ecoboost shocks and chassis.

HPS was running Swift springs on thier EcoBoost with OEM dampers and running amazing lap times. I believe they recently switched to a Swift/Coilover setup. Perhaps a member on this forum with an Ecoboost might do us the favor of posting pictures of his/her Ecoboost with Swift Springs.

Last edited:

carlin777

Carlin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How do they ride combined with those dampers/bars. Don't really want or have to wait for Koni. As everything I need except for these is in spare bedroom waiting patiently.

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
They feel much better than the OEM PP suspension.
They seem to compliment each other with no ill side effects.
I have used Swift springs on my old cars and didn't hesitate to put them on this car
I have only had it on for a few days and have not pushed it since it is still cold here in the northeast.

Before

After

Sponsored
OP
OP

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
They feel much better than the OEM PP suspension.
They seem to compliment each other with no ill side effects.
I have used Swift springs on my old cars and didn't hesitate to put them on this car
I have only had it on for a few days and have not pushed it since it is still cold here in the northeast.
Looks good! Good to hear feedback of other spring/shock combo setups. What vehicle did you previously have Swift Springs on?

Last edited:

carlin777

Carlin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks good, thanks for pics. FRPP shocks for me, I have a new summer set of MRR M350 Squared 19x10, Michelin SS 275/40r19's, BMR sways and links, cradle lockouts and lower control arm kit. Steeda tri-ax complete shifter, aluminum driveshaft and a exedy clutch and flywheel ready for spring. If that won't hand with BMW, who cares, it's still going to be fun. Still waiting on Steeda adj. upper control arms to restock, have mm camber adjustment for front already.

OP
OP

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Looks good, thanks for pics. FRPP shocks for me, I have a new summer set of MRR M350 Squared 19x10, Michelin SS 275/40r19's, BMR sways and links, cradle lockouts and lower control arm kit. Steeda tri-ax complete shifter, aluminum driveshaft and a exedy clutch and flywheel ready for spring. If that won't hand with BMW, who cares, it's still going to be fun. Still waiting on Steeda adj. upper control arms to restock, have mm camber adjustment for front already.
It will definitely be fun. We have a shop E92 M3, track dedicated, and work on many of these as well for the track. At Buttonwillow, our shop Mustang on swift springs alone place very similar times as stock E92's, perhaps a bit slower if not just as fast.

We would be more than happy to do any installs you would like. Hope to see you out at the track sometime!

carlin777

Carlin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Spent all winter collecting stuff on sale, just waited for spring/shock package. Can't wait till I get a chance to drive it with upgrades. I am pretty sure I'm going to like the Swifts, and I am sure my wife will, our roads are pretty bad in some areas.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.