Sponsored

Swaybar recommendations

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
On my 2016 Performance Package GT, I installed the Ford Performance Track Handling Package, and it included upgraded swaybars. This time around, in my 2019 Performance Package GT, I went with Koni Yellow dampers and BMR SP083 springs. I'm wondering what most people recommend as far as swaybars are concerned. Is there really any difference between the Ford Performance, BMR, Steeda, Whiteline, or other brands?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Adjustability, diameter and solid or hollow are the biggest factors (but nearly all of these are hollow.).

Most of the front bars are 35mm, IIRC steeda offers a 38mm, but thats overkill for most people who won’t even use the stiffest settings on 35mm bars.

make sure they have either an integral lip or an add on clamp to keep them fron shifting side to side.

Steeda’s front bar seems to sometimes have fit issues. I have BMR’s front bar and its a good one.

rear bars IMHO are often a bit stiff from the big players. I’m a fan of the Strano Parts rear bar. Its stock diameter but solid (so stiffer) and adjustable (stiffer again). Its overall less rate than I think the typical bars and I think it suits the car better.

swaybar balance is driver preference, so YMMV on any given combo or setting.

go ahead and get better adjustable endlinks for the front. The stock endlinks bend easile with only stock bar rates.

OP
OP
Crowd Hunter

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Thanks for the info Nightmare. Good info there.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Cars get “pushy” as traction increases. So be aware that alignment, tire choice, and wheel size will all have an impact on which sway bar(s) are helpful and which aren’t.
Sponsored