Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have undesirable body roll? If your answer to that question is yes, then sure; get some sway bars.

If you're asking if sway bars are unnecessary for a street car, my answer would be coilovers are unnecessary for a street car.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have undesirable body roll? If your answer to that question is yes, then sure; get some sway bars.
Well said.

OP, I run big Steeda bars and my car is very much a street car and daily driver. Yep, even in inches of snow. They are a great upgrade if you need them.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Do you guys think sway bars worth it on a street car? I have Coilovers already
Depending on how firm your coilover springs actually are, bars might be best used to tune the handling balance to your own preference. Obviously you'd need to be looking at adjustable bars. Adjustable bars are typically a bit firmer than OE, so you would be reduce the roll a bit.

Personally, I think that roll in a street driven car is commonly viewed as being worse than it actually is. Though if you were starting over, doing moderately stiffer (adjustable) bars combined with better dampers but keeping the OE springs might surprise you.

Norm

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you’re canyon carving through tight switchbacks, probably not needed, but it all depends.

lots of high speed driving? Yeah I like more front swaybar for lane change response. City driving on typical crappy city streets, no thanks. Bombing the back roads? Meh most people shouldn’t be going fast and hard enough for swaybars to be a big factor. How heavy is your right foot?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Well said.

OP, I run big Steeda bars and my car is very much a street car and daily driver. Yep, even in inches of snow. They are a great upgrade if you need them.
I appreciate the feedback & support, Mike!

We can set you up with a professional consultation from our experts & then you can decide which route you would like to go - we look forward to working with you!

TJ
Sponsored