20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to replace my stock sway bars with Eibach or something similar. My GT only 6 months old and with 4000 miles on it should I be looking to replace the end links as well?
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Yes you should. The stock endlinks are really weak. Consider getting cortex racing end links

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Replace the fronts. The stock rear endlinks are fine honestly

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to replace my stock sway bars with Eibach or something similar. My GT only 6 months old and with 4000 miles on it should I be looking to replace the end links as well?
If you are going to lower it down the road get adjustable endlinks. My endlinks are fine with Steeda Front on full soft but if you want it on more than that the endlinks will not handle it. Also if you are changing the bars think about upgrading the bushings for the bars (my rear brake all the time super annoying and hard to find where I live). Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I bent both of my stock front end links when I installed Steeda bars.
Rears were fine.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How do you guys adjust/set them?
IMHO the main advantage of aftermarket endlinks is strength, not adjustability, but on a lowered car you'll run the endlinks a bit shorter so the swaybar can ride about where it does on a stock ride-height car. On a stock ride height car you'll just set them to be the same length as the stock endlinks.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I know nothing about sway bars, for my 2020 GT Premium. I want to replace the stock sway bars with something more rigid. Bare in mind I drive a Cabrio so it won't be approved for any Road Course driving. I just want it to handle a bit better. So, how does one figure that out? Is Eibach better than BMR or Pedders...you get the picture. One on a lift I intend on installing them myself. I'll also replace the end links as well.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I know nothing about sway bars, for my 2020 GT Premium. I want to replace the stock sway bars with something more rigid. Bare in mind I drive a Cabrio so it won't be approved for any Road Course driving. I just want it to handle a bit better. So, how does one figure that out? Is Eibach better than BMR or Pedders...you get the picture. One on a lift I intend on installing them myself. I'll also replace the end links as well.
Adjustable sway-bars are a great tuning tool; I’ll vouch for them any day of the week. As for installation, they are quite easy, especially the rear, even in a garage with jack-stands. Here’s my notes on the front bar:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ected-blown-oem-pp-bushing-a-surprise.141151/

- Mike

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
IMHO the main advantage of aftermarket endlinks is strength, not adjustability, but on a lowered car you'll run the endlinks a bit shorter so the swaybar can ride about where it does on a stock ride-height car. On a stock ride height car you'll just set them to be the same length as the stock endlinks.
So if you drop the car 1” the adjustable end link should be 1” shorter than stock end link? I know that when I lowered my car 1” the stock end links where kind of a bitch to get back into the holes again. I’ve got the adjustable Steeda links on order and want to make sure I install them correctly. Seems that when the suspension is under load the links should be set at a neutral position, meaning no preload on sway bars. Still trying to find a decent video online explaining the proper method of initial set up of the adjustable end links.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So if you drop the car 1” the adjustable end link should be 1” shorter than stock end link? I know that when I lowered my car 1” the stock end links where kind of a bitch to get back into the holes again. I’ve got the adjustable Steeda links on order and want to make sure I install them correctly. Seems that when the suspension is under load the links should be set at a neutral position, meaning no preload on sway bars. Still trying to find a decent video online explaining the proper method of initial set up of the adjustable end links.
well if the car is 1” lower at the hub the swaybar might not be exactly 1” different because of where it sits inboard in the suspension, the drop is likely less. You won’t have preload unless the endlinks (or suspension) are inequal left to right, but the idea is to get the bar to sit at about the same angle as it does on the stock height suspension.
Sponsored