Sponsored

Need help! End Links & Sway Bars

Airborne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow Black GT Premium
Ok just installed some whiteline end links and sway bars. When I finally got the car off the jack stands and put the wheels on the front suspension was raised really high. I literally could put my entire hand in the wheel well. What could Have possibly went wrong? I’m lowered on eibach sportlines if it matters
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Did you move it at all? I remember when I would do suspension adjustments, it would look high until I actually drove the car away from being lifted.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Drive it to see if it settles. If not, adjust the end links to the same length as the stock end links.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You probably didn't load the suspension before adjusting and tightening down the end links. The geometry under compression is different than when under full droop. And you also need to grease them if you didnt.

OP
OP
Airborne

Airborne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you move it at all? I remember when I would do suspension adjustments, it would look high until I actually drove the car away from being lifted.
Nope didn’t move it.
Drive it to see if it settles. If not, adjust the end links to the same length as the stock end links.
Yep got them the same length.
You probably didn't load the suspension before adjusting and tightening down the end links. The geometry under compression is different than when under full droop. And you also need to grease them if you didnt.
I’m going to give this a shot tomorrow and then drive it and see what happens.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
its just from your suspension being at full droop. Same thing happens when I lift the front end. Looks ugly until i come back the next morning and the springs settle back.

no worries

OP
OP
Airborne

Airborne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I drove on it This morning for about 30
Minutes and right now there’s about 4 fingers gap on the passenger side and 3 fingers on driver. How much do I have to drive or wait until it fully seats?
Sponsored