Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
wasn't a fan of the stock ecoboost grille - so got a used takeoff grill from a GT off eBay and did the mesh conversion (removed the honeycomb) ... SO much better!
MJB_5638-Edit.jpg
MJB_5668.jpg
Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Looks awesome

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've got the exact same car. I don't mind the honeycomb grill, but that looks really good!
S.

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Very Nice! Was it difficult at all?
Not difficult, but time consuming.. .I spent a few hours modifying the GT grille (cutting the honeycomb mesh out, sanding it down and then attaching and gluing the new mesh to the back) - I did that Saturday, then let the glue cure overnight - then installed it on Sunday - took about 2 hours or so to get the front bumper off, remove the old grille, put the new one in and reinstall the bumper. just watched some you tube videos on how to do it - it was pretty straightforward

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How see thru is the mesh?

Can one also put mesh in the bottom grill as well?

What about the air adapter shutters, do they stay intact?

How much did it cost?

Is this a one person job or is a helper needed?

--------------------------------------------------

Thinking about doing the same thing.

Terry :)

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

How much did it cost?

Not to jack the OP's thread, but Terry, you'll probably find this thread helpful: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47379

To re-mesh the bottom grill will likely require removing the shutters, but I'm only speculating.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Looks Amazing, That's exactly what I want on my DIB.

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost

How much did it cost?

Thanks man... I did do the mesh on both top and bottom, no issues. The shutters stayed in place. I bought the GT grille off ebay (it was a take-off grille, I paid $100 for the top and bottom grilles, and then the mesh kit with adhesive was $100.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172201237549?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131634442500?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

it took me a few hours to modify the GT grille and glue the mesh grille in place - then I let it sit for a full day to let the adhesive cure. The next day, it took me about 2 hours to jack up the front end of the car, remove wheels and bumper, remove stock grilles, and insert the new ones and reassemble. did it all by myself - no helper... there are lots of good tutorials on youtube :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great man, i was looking into the custom car grilles DIY mesh inserts as well.

OP
OP
cal_gecko

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Looks great man, i was looking into the custom car grilles DIY mesh inserts as well.
Their youtube video is good - and the mesh is nice grade, not too thin, but not so thick it's hard to work with. When applying the adhesive, keep an eye on it, because after you apply it, it will 'flow' a bit, so make sure it doesn't run into places you don't want it to... and just take your time, and be sure to let it set completely for a full day before installing. :thumbsup:

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Not difficult, but time consuming.. .I spent a few hours modifying the GT grille (cutting the honeycomb mesh out, sanding it down and then attaching and gluing the new mesh to the back) - I did that Saturday, then let the glue cure overnight - then installed it on Sunday - took about 2 hours or so to get the front bumper off, remove the old grille, put the new one in and reinstall the bumper. just watched some you tube videos on how to do it - it was pretty straightforward

Cool! Next Project for me:thumbsup:

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Spent my weekend the exact same way! Mostly the same process but I bought a new upper/lower from my local Ford dealer parts for $98 + tax, and bought a solid piece of mesh off ebay as I wasn't thrilled with any at CCG. The stuff I got was super heavy, and a little more difficult to cut, but very pleased with the outcome. Attaching a quick photo until my next photo shoot when a few more mods are complete. Very difficult to photograph well and capture what it really looks like, but you get the idea.
2016-07-20 001 009 (1280x790).jpg

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
Question for you guys that have done this. I want to put just the stock GT grille into my EB, no mesh. The GT grille seems a lot deeper than the EB, it looks like it will almost certainly hit the shutters, at least up top. I've seen several posts on other sites where people have done it successfully, but I just don't see how after taking some measurements.

I actually have the GT grille set in my garage right now, I just don't want to put it on only to have it hitting the shutters when I go to reinstall the bumper.

Can anyone confirm you can just stick a stock GT grille in an EB and it not interfere with the shutters? I get that you guys are cutting off ~.75" of the honeycomb to put the mesh on, I'm curious about just the stock grill and it interfering with the shutters...
Sponsored

Last edited: