Suspension Set Up

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey Everyone, I just had a general question about my suspension set up. I have been trying to get into contact with Steeda because I just received their Progressive Lowering Springs and their front and rear adjustable Sway Bars, but so far I have not received an email back. I was wondering what a good setting would be for my sway bars? I have a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost (non-pp). My Mustang is my DD, however, my daily drive is very curvy (I live in the mountains), so I was trying to get better handling for my spirited mountain drives without having to worry too much about the rear loosing traction too much. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
Best plan would be to just start with the springs and make sure they are all sorted out before doing bars, if they are even needed at that point. If you absolutely want to do them at the same time for ease of install I'd only do the front one on the soft setting to start (still stiffer than a PP gt bar). I find the rear bar to be overkill for back road driving honestly.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Matt,

Sorry for the delay in your email - can you please forward your email to me at [email protected].

Here is our recommendation when working with the adjustable front & rear swaybar:

Set the front bar on the third hole(from the front of the car), the rear on the third hole(from the rear of the car). This is now set with the front bar in the next to softest setting, the rear in its softest setting. Start with this and then if you want less body roll to adjust from there.

Let me know if I can help assist further.

Thank you,

TJ

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Hello Matt,

Sorry for the delay in your email - can you please forward your email to me at [email protected].

Here is our recommendation when working with the adjustable front & rear swaybar:

Set the front bar on the third hole(from the front of the car), the rear on the third hole(from the rear of the car). This is now set with the front bar in the next to softest setting, the rear in its softest setting. Start with this and then if you want less body roll to adjust from there.

Let me know if I can help assist further.

Thank you,

TJ
Thank you Tim, I will write you a personal email right now, have a good one.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, I think this is what I'm going to end up running as well.
In order to run stiffer settings (last 3 holes front) you should have adjustable endlinks as well. My dealer said OEM Endlinks don't look strong enough for stiffer settings on the Steeda Front Swaybar. I suspect similar story for the rear.

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
In order to run stiffer settings (last 3 holes front) you should have adjustable endlinks as well. My dealer said OEM Endlinks don't look strong enough for stiffer settings on the Steeda Front Swaybar. I suspect similar story for the rear.
Interesting, well, I am taking the springs and sways bars to a shop that specialize in Mustangs, so I will see what they say about the whole thing. I spoke with Steeda about if I would need anything additional, but they didn't seem too concerned. I will update when I take the car in next week. One last thing, Steeda claims that these will work with OEM shocks and Struts, has anyone heard or experienced something different?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
One last thing, Steeda claims that these will work with OEM shocks and Struts, has anyone heard or experienced something different?
Yeah the Progressive lowering springs and sway bars will work with OEM PP Shocks and Struts not sure if it will work with the ones without the PP package but it should rate wise this are very close to stock though you will need to trim the bump stops.

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the Progressive lowering springs and sway bars will work with OEM PP Shocks and Struts not sure if it will work with the ones without the PP package but it should rate wise this are very close to stock though you will need to trim the bump stops.
Hmmm, I will have to reach out to Steeda again to confirm. I would rather not have to go back to the shop to get more work done after everything is installed. I would hope that the shop I am taking it to knows about cutting the bump stocks since they specialize in Mustangs, but I will talk to them and let them know anyways just so everything runs smoothly, thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
One last thing, Steeda claims that these will work with OEM shocks and Struts, has anyone heard or experienced something different?
Yes, the progressives will work with OEM dampers, though if it’s in your budget you are best off by replacing them with better units now. FRPP Track, Bilsteins, Koni/Steeda adjustables, etc.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I went full soft on both bars. However I use a dual rate spring and that's pretty stiff.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Little things count! Adjustable endlinks make spring rates more predictable because the unknown rate of the sway bar is neutralized at static ride height with adjustable endlinks. I think this especially important on PP1 cars with the bonded swaybar mounts.

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Update: Got the springs and sway bars installed. The car rides SO much better in the mountain roads. It is definitely a confidence booster going in to the corners!