Sponsored

Suspension Recommendation ~$2,500

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
The GT350 and R both have ball joints that are raised compared with the standard Mustang. They do similar to what Steeda's extended balljoint arms do, and are a valuable piece. The flip side is: lowering the car by about this amount without changing that increases anti-dive significantly, which is a big part of the reason the car stays much flatter after lowering.
Sounds like a give and take in this instance. I'm sure there are benefits and cons to both. Obviously I'm not willing (or able) to spend 10k on buying GT350 knuckles, control arms, brakes etc. to do a conversion. So I'm going to work with what the standard GT has to offer geometry wise and capitalize on that. I"m ok that a $55,000 GT350 is faster than my $27,000 slightly used PP GT :rockon:. But I want to exploit what is there to it's maximum potential with struts, springs, bars and tires and that will be good enough.

Anti-dive is going to give you more braking traction and steering am I not spot on with that? So you may be able to leverage that attribute by coming in to a corner a little hotter if my thinking is correct.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Maybe I overstepped in saying it could beat a GT350 LOL

Sometimes the excitement gets the better of me I guess. I think the two of you both know way more than I do so this is where I bow out.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I heard a rumor that we will be having some savings starting tomorrow - stay tuned for some great deals on Steeda Manufactured Products :)

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
3er

3er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4, 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium
To recent posts, wheels and tires will soon follow my suspension upgrade. I'll be going with SVE R350s and the only variables I'm deciding between are 1) 305's square or 305 front / 315 rear and 2) whether I go with PS4S or PSC2's. Everything I've read says that the PS4S are closer to MPSS than the PSC2s. Of course, the PSC2s wear so quickly that, even driving only 5-6K miles a year, I'd still be looking at a near-annual replacement.

At the moment, I lean towards a 305 square setup with PS4S.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To recent posts, wheels and tires will soon follow my suspension upgrade. I'll be going with SVE R350s and the only variables I'm deciding between are 1) 305's square or 305 front / 315 rear and 2) whether I go with PS4S or PSC2's. Everything I've read says that the PS4S are closer to MPSS than the PSC2s. Of course, the PSC2s wear so quickly that, even driving only 5-6K miles a year, I'd still be looking at a near-annual replacement.

At the moment, I lean towards a 305 square setup with PS4S.
What did you end up choosing for suspension? If it's what I suspect then I would agree with a square 305 setup. As far as tire, it depends on how much track use you plan on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
3er

3er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4, 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium
What did you end up choosing for suspension? If it's what I suspect then I would agree with a square 305 setup. As far as tire, it depends on how much track use you plan on.
I have yet to make the purchase (parts I'm going with are noted on post #60), but will do so in the next couple of months. I don't plan to track much and know the PSC2's are way overkill for street applications, hence the likliehood that the PS4S will be my choice. But, c'mon...#racecar

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going PS4S next summer in a 275 4 square setup. It's not a hard core track tire setup, but can you even fit 305's up front with regular struts? My 275's already take up quite a bit of clearance. I think I'm going to keep 4 square for tire rotate and balanced traction. But 255's just don't bite quite enough up front in my opinion, not with the factory Pirellie's anyway. Better tires may change that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going PS4S next summer in a 275 4 square setup. It's not a hard core track tire setup, but can you even fit 305's up front with regular struts? My 275's already take up quite a bit of clearance. I think I'm going to keep 4 square for tire rotate and balanced traction. But 255's just don't bite quite enough up front in my opinion, not with the factory Pirellie's anyway. Better tires may change that.
You can. 19x11s et 50 with a 25 mm slip on spacer and extended studs.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, in that case I would have to get rid of my +33mm offset RTR wheels. I'm not willing to do that for the cost as I already have a lightweight set of wheels. I could go staggered however and run 305's out back and just buy two new wheels for the rear. They make them in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. But I loose my street practicality aspect of being able to rotate them.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, in that case I would have to get rid of my +33mm offset RTR wheels. I'm not willing to do that for the cost as I already have a lightweight set of wheels. I could go staggered however and run 305's out back and just buy two new wheels for the rear. They make them in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. But I loose my street practicality aspect of being able to rotate them.
The car handles better with a square setup anyway. I will eventually have a 19x11 setup for track use only and just run the open lugs for the street wheels (possibly with another closed lug to keep the threads clean).

Sponsored

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The car handles better with a square setup anyway. I will eventually have a 19x11 setup for track use only and just run the open lugs for the street wheels (possibly with another closed lug to keep the threads clean).
*insert smirk* @TheLion what @BmacIL said is true (even if he doesnt like my tires lol) as I just upgraded my suspension and wheels/tires (305 square)...I can link you to the extended studs and spacer I was referred to and fits like a glove.

check out this thread for more info on the 19x11 square setup https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/two-19x11-square-setup-installs.76670/page-7#post-2334644

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'll save that link in my suspension and chassis folder for future reference. Sounds like running a four square setup is the way to go (which is what I found with the Ecoboost and why I originally went with a 4 square 19x9.5 setup). So I'll just keep that for now and setup around those tires and wheels.

Maybe at some point down the road I could always upgrade to 19x10.5's or 19x11's, but for the next couple of years I intend to get my money's worth from the Tech 7's, they are very nice wheels and I wouldn't say 275's are "narrow" by any means. Should be enough with good tires for a dual purpose car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
3er

3er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Exactly. Here's the exact setup I plan to run and based on this thread. I'm not thrilled about running spacers, but such is life. I just need to figure out if I want to run 305/30/19s (like the GT350R) or 305/35/19s (like the GT350).
You will have less worry and a sturdier setup if you choose the route you are going with (extended studs) as opposed to a bolt on spacer.

Reactions: 3er

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You will have less worry and a sturdier setup if you choose the route you are going with (extended studs) as opposed to a bolt on spacer.
This. MUCH. There is absolutely nothing to worry about with slip on spacers and extended studs. Racecars use exactly this.
Sponsored

Reactions: 3er