Suspension Help

KonaBlue2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
So I recently bought new wheels and tires and they finally came in so I’ll be posting pics very soon! So I wanted to test fit them before I threw on my new FRPP track shocks and struts along with the FRPP Street Springs aka X-springs. My dilemma and hopefully someone can clear this up for me but I can’t get the sway bar toe links to line up properly. I’m gonna attach pics of the drivers and passenger side struts so you can see what I am talking about. Do I need to just loosen up my front sway bar bolts on both sides and rotate the sway bar a little bit so it lines up? I’ve never had this issue before so I wanted to get someone’s opinion on here first before I messed with it.

58CA60E1-B98A-46A8-893D-3395DACA6F6D.jpeg

348248B9-D669-40F4-89D5-5456DBE6FA43.jpeg
Sponsored

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Do I need to just loosen up my front sway bar bolts on both sides and rotate the sway bar a little bit so it lines up? I’ve never had this issue before so I wanted to get someone’s opinion on here first before I messed with it.

58CA60E1-B98A-46A8-893D-3395DACA6F6D.jpeg

348248B9-D669-40F4-89D5-5456DBE6FA43.jpeg
I would open the hood and looses the bolts holding the sway bar in to try and get it into position

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ok cool, that’s what I was gonna try but wanted to get some other opinions on here first.
Is your bar and bushings still stock ? Sway bar technically should be in a horizontal position when at ride height - so chances are that at ride height it would align correctly - but doing that home requires some work....
Since PP1 stock bushings are bonded, you would have to loosen mounts which is painful....
Adjustable links would be easiest. Or have it shop do at 4 post lift / alignment rack (especially that if you had done struts, you need an alignment anyway).

OP
OP
KonaBlue2020

KonaBlue2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Is your bar and bushings still stock ? Sway bar technically should be in a horizontal position when at ride height - so chances are that at ride height it would align correctly - but doing that home requires some work....
Since PP1 stock bushings are bonded, you would have to loosen mounts which is painful....
Adjustable links would be easiest. Or have it shop do at 4 post lift / alignment rack (especially that if you had done struts, you need an alignment anyway).
The bushing and sway bar are still the stock ones. I was going to swap them out as well but was on a budget so I stuck with the shocks, struts and springs for now. Unfortunately I can’t take it to a shop because the car is torn apart and since I get get the links attached, I really can’t move the car.

Im hoping I can just loosen up the bar a little bit because it does look like it’s not perfectly horizon and sitting slightly up.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Im hoping I can just loosen up the bar a little bit because it does look like it’s not perfectly horizon and sitting slightly up.
This about in what position it will be when car is sitting on its wheels. You can easily drive it to the shop with sway bar disconnected btw.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
since the car is up n jacks the bar should be significanty bellow level

OP
OP
KonaBlue2020

KonaBlue2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
This about in what position it will be when car is sitting on its wheels. You can easily drive it to the shop with sway bar disconnected btw.
Oh really? I didn’t think you could drive it with the sway bar disconnected. Might have to do that if I can’t get it aligned.

OP
OP
KonaBlue2020

KonaBlue2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
since the car is up n jacks the bar should be significanty bellow level
I’m gonna attach a pic but it looks like it’s not below normal level but then again I could be completely wrong. I attached a pic so don’t know if that’ll help.

F8CB386E-EBDF-46BF-8EA9-3C9A94B3EB7C.jpeg

637FB492-7ABC-4D55-999B-6E7879031E68.jpeg

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
By looking at the pics, I would say you need to connect the front struts to the steering knuckle and then jack up on the lower control arms evenly to get the endlinks to line up. Just did this not too long ago with the FPTP. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
By looking at the pics, I would say you need to connect the front struts to the steering knuckle and then jack up on the lower control arms evenly to get the endlinks to line up. Just did this not too long ago with the FPTP. Hope this helps.
Agreed. Put a jack under the knuckle and line it up. Par for the course.

Great combo on dampers and springs, btw. Enjoy!

— Mike

OP
OP
KonaBlue2020

KonaBlue2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Agreed. Put a jack under the knuckle and line it up. Par for the course.

Great combo on dampers and springs, btw. Enjoy!

— Mike
Thanks mike! Yeah this combo seems to be a nice upgrade so I’m excited to finally get it installed. Appreciate the feedback and I will give that a try. I figured since the end links are to high that I could just lower the sway bar to make them fit but jacking up the knuckle makes sense too. I will keep you guys updated!

OP
OP
KonaBlue2020

KonaBlue2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Just wanted to fill you guys in and say that reconnecting the knuckle and jacking it up fixed it! I got the front done but ran out of time for the rears so I'm hoping to tackle that this weekend.

I've got to be honest and say I am kind of questioning doing to rears. It dropped the front so nicely that its almost leveled all around. I'm afraid if I do the rears that it might drop the rear to much to where the back tires are almost tucking. Has anyone ever just installed the fronts and kept the rears stock?