chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Steeda "stop the hop starter kit" #555-4455 coming for my 2019 Bullitt and looking for recommendations for additional parts. My car is a weekender and will only see hard street driving and occasional 1/4 mile racing. After the aforementioned Steeda unit, what additional mods are recommended for strengthening and eliminating wheel hop without being redundant and going overboard? This is my first Mustang and know very little and trying to learn.

Thanks, Rick
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For that usage:
Rear LCA bearings from BMR or Steeda.
Viking double adjustable shocks, probably the B2010 with the upper mount.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice. Been looking at those bearings, they look to be a bear to install. As far as shocks, car came with my Magnaride.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice. Been looking at those bearings, they look to be a bear to install. As far as shocks, car came with my Magnaride.
Yes the arm needs to come out and most remove the bushings with a >12T hydraulic press. They're worth it, though. Most of your hop will be gone with the parts you've already gotten, particularly if you have a set of wheels with drag radials.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would use the sleeves for the rear bushing from that kit (or the Lethal Performance kit, which I used), and not use the bolts or put in differential bushing inserts unless you enjoy driveline noise. The sleeves fill the void between the rear bolts and the bushing inserts.
Screenshot_20191103-130827_Chrome.jpg

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, my vote is you’re good with just the starter kit.

and not use the bolts or put in differential bushing inserts unless you enjoy driveline noise.
100% agreed. Juice is not worth the squeeze with the stiffening the diff. If you yearn for more, and if you don’t have a performance pack car, you could always swap to the Torsen LSD down the road.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, my vote is you’re good with just the starter kit.

100% agreed. Juice is not worth the squeeze with the stiffening the diff. If you yearn for more, and if you don’t have a performance pack car, you could always swap to the Torsen LSD down the road.
Well the stop the hop is a Xmas present from the wife so I'm going to order BMR diff bolt hardware upgrade to go along with it. I have a friend with a lift and I'll be installing a MGW shifter, Borla Xpipe, oil change and the suspension stuff. Was looking at vertical links also, worth the money?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well the stop the hop is a Xmas present from the wife so I'm going to order BMR diff bolt hardware upgrade to go along with it. I have a friend with a lift and I'll be installing a MGW shifter, Borla Xpipe, oil change and the suspension stuff. Was looking at vertical links also, worth the money?
Very minor change. Unless you're itching to mod I'd probably not. I am happy with my BMR TCA048 though.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Was looking at vertical links also, worth the money?
I’d use this money elsewhere—vert links are a cake decoration in my book. They look good, but don’t add much.

I would recommend adjustable sway bars next, if you’re hungry for more.

p.s. I just realized you have a Bullitt. Nice. You have the Torsen differential and great tires so it won’t take much to get your wheel hop under control. You’re on the right track for sure.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Braces, no problem, but it performs the same function as the subframe support system that's included in the starter kit.
Thanks, that's the kind of help I need right now
Sponsored