saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I used the "contact us" form on the Steeda website on Sunday but I've not heard back from anyone. The automated reply was tagged at request #21201. I'll try to make a long story short. I have a failed rear billet shock mount (non-adj pro-action). I installed a full set of pro-action non-adj shocks/struts and the billet mounts + steeda bump stops about a year ago. Everything was working great until recently the mount developed a "knock". I swapped sides and it's the mount. When I swapped them I could feel more play in the failed mount and the noise moved to that side. I also bought the $10 dust caps but the side that failed was missing the cap so apparently it fell off at some point. I made matters worse trying to take the shock out of the mount to re-do it all and see if that fixed the issue but since the dust cap was missing some rust had developed on the threads....I stripped out the 5mm hex in the shaft :curse:.

I'm hoping Steeda will replace the mount. I'll need to buy a replacement shock because at this point I'll do more damage to it in the process of getting it out of the failed mount.

Whoever from Steeda reads this, thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I used the "contact us" form on the Steeda website on Sunday but I've not heard back from anyone. The automated reply was tagged at request #21201. I'll try to make a long story short. I have a failed rear billet shock mount (non-adj pro-action). I installed a full set of pro-action non-adj shocks/struts and the billet mounts + steeda bump stops about a year ago. Everything was working great until recently the mount developed a "knock". I swapped sides and it's the mount. When I swapped them I could feel more play in the failed mount and the noise moved to that side. I also bought the $10 dust caps but the side that failed was missing the cap so apparently it fell off at some point. I made matters worse trying to take the shock out of the mount to re-do it all and see if that fixed the issue but since the dust cap was missing some rust had developed on the threads....I stripped out the 5mm hex in the shaft :curse:.

I'm hoping Steeda will replace the mount. I'll need to buy a replacement shock because at this point I'll do more damage to it in the process of getting it out of the failed mount.

Whoever from Steeda reads this, thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Hi Saltydogg, please shoot me an email at [email protected]

OP
OP
saltydogg

saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase