HELP steeda lca bearing

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
About 2 weeks ago i installed all of the stop the hop parts on 2020 GT and i just got this loud creaking/popping sound coming from the driver rear of the car. Inspected it and put some silicon spray on the lca bearing and noticed it got alot quieter and less frequent. So is this part defective? The reason why i ask this is because on steeda's site it states no NVH whatsoever. I find it hard to believe since they are metal on metal but im totally confused. I was not expecting my car to sound like an old farm truck lol is there a way to fix this creaking sound? Or am i just stuck with it? I find it weird that its only on one side.

Thanks in advanced guys
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Which STH kit did you use?

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I thought that may be a possibility but i really dont know how installation could be wrong. Its just pressed in with the supplied piece they give you. Unless theres a trick to it.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I thought that may be a possibility but i really dont know how installation could be wrong. Its just pressed in with the supplied piece they give you. Unless theres a trick to it.

I'm confused as to what is creaking/making noise.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

I'm confused as to what is creaking/making noise.
I used the ultimate kit.

It was a 2 part install for me i did the first part at home (diff bushing inserts, irs alignment kit, and irs billet collars-idr what there called)

The second part i had a shop do it (vertical links, toe links, lca bearing, and the FP knuckle toe bearings)

Sponsored

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
When i drive the car, you can usually hear the noise at slow speeds like your in a parking lot, high speeds its not as noticeable. Totally at random its not a constant noise. 2 things i can point out is:

If your cornering and putting weight on the side so cornering right it does make alot of noise.
And if its parked and you lift up on the driver rear wheel well and then you put weight on your kicker panel itll make that noise as well.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I wonder if your shop tightened everything up with the suspension loaded. If you have anything with a rubber bushing left, it needs to be torqued with the suspension at ride height. I have BMR's LCA bearing, and a bunch of spherical bearings, and they are all completely silent.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
have you checked all the bolted connections ? First thing to look is sway bar links, especially if you replaced them with adjustable length ones (nuts on these tend to get loose but primarily link to sway bar connection). It's unlikely that the LCA bearing is generating the noise.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I used the ultimate kit.

It was a 2 part install for me i did the first part at home (diff bushing inserts, irs alignment kit, and irs billet collars-idr what there called)

The second part i had a shop do it (vertical links, toe links, lca bearing, and the FP knuckle toe bearings)
Can identify what you're referring to as the "lca bearing" in this picture?

1656430599060.png

Because AKAIK, the Ultimate STH kit doesn't come with the LCA bearings.

1656430736207.png

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Can identify what you're referring to as the "lca bearing" in this picture?

1656430599060.png

Because AKAIK, the Ultimate STH kit doesn't come with the LCA bearings.

1656430736207.png
I bought everything on this list except the camber arms. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
have you checked all the bolted connections ? First thing to look is sway bar links, especially if you replaced them with adjustable length ones (nuts on these tend to get loose but primarily link to sway bar connection). It's unlikely that the LCA bearing is generating the noise.
I have the stock sway bar links. But my shop did tell me to bring everything to him and hes going to tighten everything down.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Please give us a call at 1800 950 0774 - ask to speak to Matt or Rod, they can get in touch with Jaime - our lead tech & advise what may be taking place.

Thank you,

TJ

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Please give us a call at 1800 950 0774 - ask to speak to Matt or Rod, they can get in touch with Jaime - our lead tech & advise what may be taking place.

Thank you,

TJ
Perfect! I will give them a call shortly! Thank you
Sponsored