Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I’m sorry, but there had to be something up with the previous wash / maintenance routines for it to get like it did in a relatively short timescale ... :crying:

Don’t take it as a criticism, please take it as a recommendation to look into a new / correct routine :like: :sunglasses:

WD :like:
Nope poor paint i am not a car show guy I drive my 19 Bullitt and it stays outside. I got tired of my anal friends pointing defects in the paint to me. I finally took it to the dealer and they even saw but told me to bad. I must have done something wrong. It has 600mls on it and 4 months new. If it gets stolen I would not care. My 17 mustang gt i had to reaglin my fenders and doors due to the poor gaps. But my drivers door to fender gap the door sat out a 1/4 of a inch out. I went to the Ford dealership body they said I had to have crashed it. Lol customer is always wrong
Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am absolutely gutted. :crying: Has anybody else on here experienced issues with the paint like this? Is this a Ford Mustang thing? If you look at my first post on this forum someone commented then on how bad the paint looked. I have never seen black paint so bad on all my previous 10 black cars.

Not sure what I am going to do to be honest. I am sure it will look fantastic for the short term when I get it back but sounds like it will be so easy to mark up.

My 2018 GT paint is like candy coating on an M&M. I wouldn't even bother paying to apply anything over top of it. I had the hood repainted after the first 500 miles and they did an amazing job, not a chip on it in two years. The rest of the car is still shit and will be re-painted in the coming years. Obviously American auto makers paint process is where they save a lot of money. My 15 yr old Subaru looks better than a three year old Ford or Chevy. It's disgusting.
I concur i am disgusted with my new 19 Bullitt

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Seems like it depends on the color and who was spraying that day. My white car has excellent optical quality other than the orange peel, but orange peel is standard now across all manufacturers.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nope poor paint i am not a car show guy I drive my 19 Bullitt and it stays outside. I got tired of my anal friends pointing defects in the paint to me. I finally took it to the dealer and they even saw but told me to bad. I must have done something wrong. It has 600mls on it and 4 months new. If it gets stolen I would not care. My 17 mustang gt i had to reaglin my fenders and doors due to the poor gaps. But my drivers door to fender gap the door sat out a 1/4 of a inch out. I went to the Ford dealership body they said I had to have crashed it. Lol customer is always wrong
I know the mustang paint is poor and defects are plentiful, but my comment was based on washing marks / swirling etc.

The OP also posted on another thread with some photos - my comments were also based on what I had seen there too.

Again, I’m not defending the paint quality or defects, I’m just trying to get the OP to look at what they can do to minimise further marking of the clear having now spent the time and money to get it corrected :like:

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know the mustang paint is poor and defects are plentiful, but my comment was based on washing marks / swirling etc.

The OP also posted on another thread with some photos - my comments were also based on what I had seen there too.

Again, I’m not defending the paint quality or defects, I’m just trying to get the OP to look at what they can do to minimise further marking of the clear having now spent the time and money to get it corrected :like:

I know that and understand your point I am just disgusted over the whole car build and painting. I am going to bring it to a friend that does detailing he only does high end cars. See if he can smooth it out cause I can't do hard labor stuff due to health issues. Plus I gave my garage so doing it outside is not a good environment. But the hood was the and trunk lid. I did the hood with the high speed buff 2xs and still had the imperfections. So I wet sand with 1500 and used the dual action buffer with the aggressive pad and worked my way down. It is not a hundred percent but better than it was. The detailer can do it over and I am not picky. I go through the touch less car wash. So for me to be unhappy it's bad.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I, for one, was pleasantly surprised of the overall paint quality. I'm not talking about the paint JOB quality, but paint quality. When driving home from out-of-town selling dealer, a dump truck with gravel that pulled right in front of me peppered my brand new car. It sounded horrible. The other time it happened wasn't as bad, and left my also new E92 M3 V8's front bumper paint job completely destroyed; had to repaint it, and repair the hood. Windshield didn't break, but was completely pitted, so needed replacement too. I was expecting the same thing on the Bullitt, and to my surprise, the damage was minor. And best of all, no huge chips, like on the BMW. I should be able to touch the few chips off myself when the Ford touch-up pen arrives in a few days. The windshield got a couple of chips too, but also did much better than I expected. I'll detail the car this week, and will be able to judge the paint JOB quality better, but for what I could see, at least it's not that bad.
Sponsored