gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
I like the look of the SS Wide Body and especially the Speedster and I'm not a big convertible fan. However if I was going to get one I would prefer it just have the A10. I would likely spend the money on something else but if I won one I would probably keep it 😀
Yeah, me too. Would love to win one then keep it forever. Love the widebody.

IMO - and I've suggested it before (and even posted recently in the site recommendations/issues sub-forum); if we can have sub-forums on here for certain S550's, we should definitely have a "Super Snake" sub-forum because that build platform is very unique and specific.

It also gives another outlet for M6G owners who do own them and would bring in additional owners outside of M6G who do own them or are thinking of buying. I only make this suggestion because Super Snake discussions always get buried within the existing "catch all" sub-forums.
Agreed, a Super Snake sub-forum would be great to have.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Supposedly it's like a 2 year backlog on the widebody, which gives me a little too much uncertainty. I'll probably call and see if that's real or not. Might be different if it's a "sold" vehicle that already has a buyer once complete.
You'd probably want to check that lead time, but I'd wager that it's out there a bit.

Several years ago (pre-S550 GT500) I went back and forth in depth via email with someone at SA (want to say his name was Chris) in regards to doing the widebody treatment on my '15 but without the Super Snake portion; at that time the lead time was about a year, give or take. They had done a couple of cars that way, and were willing to do another. Such a car wouldn't have gotten a CSM number, but it would have gotten tags signifying that SA had done the conversion and would have had a spot in the SA registry. From there the car would have gone to Fathouse for twin turbos. The lead time spooked me, cooler heads prevailed, and neither happened. I see now that the widebody isn't an option outside the Super Snake, and Fathouse isn't doing '15-'17 5.0s anymore. What might have been....

I'm with Jamie on the Super Snakes, the GT-derived cars are much less of a package. But they do offer that vaunted CSM badge and heritage, and the original '60s cars were just modified Mustangs too....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
You'd probably want to check that lead time, but I'd wager that it's out there a bit.

Several years ago (pre-S550 GT500) I went back and forth in depth via email with someone at SA (want to say his name was Chris) in regards to doing the widebody treatment on my '15 but without the Super Snake portion; at that time the lead time was about a year, give or take. They had done a couple of cars that way, and were willing to do another. Such a car wouldn't have gotten a CSM number, but it would have gotten tags signifying that SA had done the conversion and would have had a spot in the SA registry. From there the car would have gone to Fathouse for twin turbos. The lead time spooked me, cooler heads prevailed, and neither happened. I see now that the widebody isn't an option outside the Super Snake, and Fathouse isn't doing '15-'17 5.0s anymore. What might have been....

I'm with Jamie on the Super Snakes, the GT-derived cars are much less of a package. But they do offer that vaunted CSM badge and heritage, and the original '60s cars were just modified Mustangs too....
Hi Dave, they will do wide body on non branded (CSM) cars. A friend of mine is sending his 2020 GT500 for wide body, and some other hand selected things. It will not be a SA CSM car.

You must of talked to Chris Ruby. He was my POC, and he was amazing. They lost a great guy when he left the company. I have another friend who has gone through HELL, and is STILL going through hell for the past two years, since he lost Chris a his POC.

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
Agreed, a Super Snake sub-forum would be great to have.
There's another thread or two around here stating the same thing. Maybe one day....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hi Dave, they will do wide body on non branded (CSM) cars. A friend of mine is sending his 2020 GT500 for wide body, and some other hand selected things. It will not be a SA CSM car.

You must of talked to Chris Ruby. He was my POC, and he was amazing. They lost a great guy when he left the company. I have another friend who has gone through HELL, and is STILL going through hell for the past two years, since he lost Chris a his POC.
The verbiage on the website changed slightly, so I was under the impression that a scenario like mine was no longer possible when maybe it is. I suspect your friend's car would get the non-CSM tagging that mine would have.

Yes, Chris Ruby was my contact. Hell of a guy, he really geeked out regarding my project. Too bad he left by the sounds of it.
Sponsored