Sun Visor Cap

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniv Pkg/Perf Pkg
Previous thread on this issue was posted in 2021, however it doesn't give a clear answer to my specific problem. Or I'm blind idk

Hello. I'm trying to get a sun visor cap to cover the clip that holds the sun visor in place because I am missing one on the passenger side visor. However, the cap I got from the local Ford Dealer does not fit, as the hooks are in a different location on the cap.

First pic
on the left is the cap I ordered, and on the right is the cap that is on the driver side sun visor.
Both show part number FR3B-63046B96-A embossed into the part, however the part number on the packaging is FR3Z-63672A40-AC.

Second pic
This is where the cap goes into. The new cap will not work because those hooks collide with the plastic on the sun visor.

Looking online I can find three eBay listings for the FR3B-63046B96-A and then some foreign websites. No Ford Parts website shows that part number to exist on anything. Should I try my luck with the eBay parts? Any help is appreciated!

1A78DFA2-7707-4455-A253-0D39AFC24C19.jpeg

B1655EB5-EC5B-4771-B236-F89D53AEA89B.jpeg
Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
The cap on the right is the one that will fit in my 2015 GT.

Regarding FR3Z-63672A40-A*, I looked at the variations from A to D:
A and C give the part that I received today. B gives a track cap which is completely different. D gives the cap that would fit, but only Ford Parts Giant lists the item for sale.

Yes, I gave them my VIN while looking for this part. In person or online, using my VIN pulls up the cap that I received on the left. I'm going to try again at the dealer but give them the pictures I uploaded on here.

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I talked to the Ford dealer and they did some research. Apparently in 18-19 they redesigned the sun visor, along with the clips. So I essentially am looking for an obsoleted part.

I'm definitely going to try those eBay listings I found earlier. Otherwise if I want to correct that issue, it'll be two new sun visors and hardware, costing around $500.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I was also told that. That's a little confusing for me

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Give the parts farm, or other mustang salvage yard a call. They should be able to get you out a 15-17 trim piece cheaply, and quickly. Just let them know the difference in years so they don't just run out and grab one off the closest s550.

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
Give the parts farm, or other mustang salvage yard a call. They should be able to get you out a 15-17 trim piece cheaply, and quickly. Just let them know the difference in years so they don't just run out and grab one off the closest s550.
I checked with my local salvage yards and the newest Mustang they have is a 2011. They normally don't carry newer cars on their lot unfortunately.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I checked with my local salvage yards and the newest Mustang they have is a 2011. They normally don't carry newer cars on their lot unfortunately.
Did you call the parts farm? They have 16+ mustangs there right now.

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
Did you call the parts farm? They have 16+ mustangs there right now.
in my area? I'm in Texas. Where would they be? I go to two yards in my local area and pick parts myself. I understand not all places are like that though

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
Unfortunately the cap you need is no longer serviced , it has been updated to a new visor and cap assembly ...

2 dealers near me show the updated cap , I had them look at them and they look like the one you have on the left , which will not work with the old visor ... If it was me I would grind or snap off those tabs and make it fit .

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
in my area? I'm in Texas. Where would they be? I go to two yards in my local area and pick parts myself. I understand not all places are like that though
Google 'the parts farm'. It will take you to their website. You can call them, text chat, put in a request etc. Tell them the part you need, for this no part number will be necessary, a pic and explanation should suffice. They will then pull the part, send you pics, and if what's you need ship it to you . Typically takes about an hour if you call them, till they have part in hand depending how busy they are, and the difficulty of removing said part of course. Your request should be quick

There are several mustang parts places like this. Local places to me do not stock newer cars either so using places like those works well. Many s550 parts on ebay for example are from the parts farm. There is another one in SC I think but forget the name

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the cap you need is no longer serviced , it has been updated to a new visor and cap assembly ...

2 dealers near me show the updated cap , I had them look at them and they look like the one you have on the left , which will not work with the old visor ... If it was me I would grind or snap off those tabs and make it fit .
That is what I was told by my Dealer as well. If I need to I'll remove those clips and stick it on with double sided tape. But for now I'll try to source a couple of old style visor caps. I'ma make it work one way or another lol
Sponsored