Sponsored

Suggestion for engine upgrade and to keep it daily use??

Badr R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Badr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Hello guys
I have mustang gt 2020 with hellion twin turbo sleeper kit
My maximum PSI is 13 as my tuner adviced to keep the engine in the safe zone as it is my daily use car
And he recommended to upgrade the engine if I am looking for more power
My target is 1500-1700 and to keep it daily use

Do you think guys its possible? And if u think its possible what is your options and what full setup needed

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I was going to say Aluminator or gt500 short block but 15-1700 is a whole different league.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Where are you actually using 1500 daily? Turn it down to 7-800whp for true daily (you really standing on it light to light on the way to target?). Turn it up when needed. Id reach out to Tkm or rpg and ask what's holding that level and what they recommend for your intended use. All the time or sporadic etc..

Planning to keep stock ecu or standalone?

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
The road you're about to go on is expensive. You need to build out your suspension and I would not want 1500whp on stock ECU for a street car.

With that said, for engine building, get with Will at RPG Racing Engines. He built my engine so I can speak for what I know. I'm making about 860whp right now and it's a very fun daily that will go against any car and win unless there are crazy exceptional builds. I also have plans to turn it up. I've poured a lot of money on suspension, my car from a dead stop hooks good even in first gear, no special tires except Michelin All Seasons but my plan will be to use Motec when the time to turn it up comes. Safety and not losing control is the most important thing for a street car, think about that as you make your car what you want. You will need to and should spend money to make that happen. Just my 2 cents. It's not always about making more power, to me that's the easy part. Traction is the enemy on street.

I will never ride in a stock ECU Mustang car making 1500whp that drives on the street without knowing what has been done to it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
@nnnnnn you’re hooking 860 rwhp in first on all seasons?
Here's a video I shot tonight, hard to video record and drive, but you can judge for yourself, dashcam was helpful. This is my street driving car from stoplight to stoplight. I had one passenger in front, and 60lb weight in back which I drive with all the time. First part of video is dashcam, second part is me trying to hold a cellphone.

Can't wait to try drag radials on the car

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
It sounds very lazy like TC is still on and it loosing/taking a bunch of power out , Sure doesn’t seem like it‘s giving you all 800hp. 2nd part of video you can see as it get happy and gives you a bunch of power up top. Have you unpluged the nanny cord and see how it feels ? With your full suspension set up ??
nice set up buy the look of your details. :clap: ✌

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
It sounds very lazy like TC is still on and it loosing/taking a bunch of power out , Sure doesn’t seem like it‘s giving you all 800hp. 2nd part of video you can see as it get happy and gives you a bunch of power up top. Have you unpluged the nanny cord and see how it feels ? With your full suspension set up ??
nice set up buy the look of your details. :clap: ✌
Thanks. I haven't turned off the nanny TC / advaced trac while driving on the street so yeah it's still on. It's been pouring like crazy here frequently this season as well, we'll get another dry day after 4 days, that's why I had to quickly make the video tonight lol. I'll turn it off on a dry day, likely next weekend and see.

Sponsored

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
dude that was like 20% throttle at most lmfao. your 60 foot was like 4 seconds
I'm not sure what you were expecting on a non prepped street surface.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I'm not sure what you were expecting on a non prepped street surface.
Full throttle, you are bragging about dead hooking at like 20% throttle this is one of the craziest things ive seen and I am quite confused. Peak output was probably like 140 hp there.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Full throttle, you are bragging about dead hooking at like 20% throttle this is one of the craziest things ive seen and I am quite confused.
20% throttle or whatever, I don't even know how you determined that. Not like you saw a datalog. I've posted a video, RPM shows and speed shows. You disagreed, I'll leave it at that. This car couldn't do what I just posted 2 years ago without traction control flashing, car dancing in first gear and spinning. If I was doing this imaginary 20% like you say, I'm sure the first gear RPM disagrees with you. 20% huh? wow.

Last edited:

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Summary on the video. The A6 car shifted out of first gear in maybe about 3.96 seconds at close to 33mph I have been told my throttle was only at 20% by some magical eyeball. So then the question is how long should a person expect the car to be in "first gear" for quick launch before shifting to second on an unprepared street surface if it is 'only' using the first gear and available to it? First gear is a short gear and the car will never hit 60mph in first. On normal driving the car would shift out of first as soon as it can, it will also do this either to gain traction if you're spinning in first. I said my car even on the All Seasons Michelin dead hooks "good" in first. I posted a video of a good hook from a dead stop using strictly first gear. Now the goal post has moved to whether my video was done at full throttle or 20% when the video shows me stepping on it and not actually babying it strictly in first. The car held first gear till maybe 33mph without losing traction while stepping on it. I showed a boosted car being forced to hold first gear from standstill, stepping on it till it then shifts out of it on its own. It did it in about 3.96 if my estimate is right. In the future especially this summer, I will do similar tests with other tires. You can all go do the same with first gear with boosted cars, hold the gear and see if you can launch fast in it. If you cannot, the car tires are spinning, traction control is flashing for you then the video will make more sense to you as to what my original point was.

OP, sorry to derail your thread. This is just the internet. With all that said and how much flack even my comment caused, you can see what life will be trying to use 1500whp on the street. Second gear may even be an issue for you and you may never be able to leave fast from a dead stop on the street so most of that power will be 'useless' if you can't launch in those gears on the street. Spinning isn't winning. You'll be stuck with roll racing at very high speeds only and with constant fear of losing control.

Last edited:

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There aren't levels of "dead hook"

there's no good or okay or bad it's either dead hook or not!
Sponsored