Sponsored

Strut tower braces for 3.7 v6

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
So does the brace actually improve handling at all? Ive never had a car with one and never installed an aftermarket one. Is it worth spending money on?
Sponsored

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
So does the brace actually improve handling at all? Ive never had a car with one and never installed an aftermarket one. Is it worth spending money on?
I had one installed on my 2012 mustang and I can tell you that it made a HUGE difference. The car feels so much more flat and body roll is basically gone.

I loved it which is why I am so interested in getting one my s550. NEED IT!

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
That GT one looks more arched than the Ford Racing one. I wonder if that is why if fits better.
They are absolutely identical with the exception of the paint color and the riveted on name plate.

I picked up a GT take off for my Ecoboost and a week or so later a co-worker bought the Ford Racing one. He wanted the silver GT one for his GT so we traded. I compared them side by side to see if there were any differences.

My EB is a PP so it already had the K-Brace so adding the strut brace isn't going to be the same as just adding the strut brace or adding both.

I always thought my car was very well composed over rough pavement. Adding the strut brace made it even more so, I get no sense of body flex. I put this on with winter tires on the car so I have not had a chance to push it in the turns yet.

Dave

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful. I did not say it would not fit, but the clearance looked close from the pictures and thought it was worth mentioning in case you had not considered it. I had no intent of trying to change your mind on it, it looked good under the hood. I'm glad to hear it had no signs of hitting. If you wanted to do some testing on it, you could always let someone rev the engine while the car is parked while you watch your clearances. I am sure if you drove it and did not see any marks it will be fine though. I'll let you know on the CAI, it shipped today.
Sir no reason to say your sorry you saw something others did not so to be on the safe side I removed it until the weather is nice and I can spend time outside to see if there is any movement on the brace as of now looking at the brace and plastic I saw none and it was on the car for about a month I ll take pictures of the underpart of the brace and post them so you can see what it looks like if you like, I like the look and feel so by all means if you were going to try one I would get the GT PP bar I can point you to a place that takes them off of S550's when they mod them so you can see if they have any or maybe If I do not use mine I could sell it to you :cheers:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
They are absolutely identical with the exception of the paint color and the riveted on name plate.

I picked up a GT take off for my Ecoboost and a week or so later a co-worker bought the Ford Racing one. He wanted the silver GT one for his GT so we traded. I compared them side by side to see if there were any differences.

My EB is a PP so it already had the K-Brace so adding the strut brace isn't going to be the same as just adding the strut brace or adding both.

I always thought my car was very well composed over rough pavement. Adding the strut brace made it even more so, I get no sense of body flex. I put this on with winter tires on the car so I have not had a chance to push it in the turns yet.

Dave
Dave I am in Mass too are you part of the mustangs of mass MOM mustang club ? what pat of Mass are you in

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
PSYSTANG here is what the bottom of brace looks like where video starts is where the top of the engine would be on the brace you can see that it only has marks where it was bolted to the towers but not on any of the brace that spans the engine

Mark

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Dave I am in Mass too are you part of the mustangs of mass MOM mustang club ? what pat of Mass are you in
South Eastern Mass, Pembroke. No I am not a member of MOM, South Shore Mopars keeps me plenty busy.

Dave

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
Fairway Ford has a GT brace for sale on Ebay ,so I emailed him -will it fit a V6 vert?
His answer - Yes, it fits all 15 thru 16 Mustangs. All engine combinations.
Thanks, Kevin

- fairfome

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
After removing my brace and checking it to see if it was rubbing on the engine I found nothing showing on the brace, today I went out and looked at the engine it self the plastic air intake that is on the top of the engine is the only place that it could rub so it looked all over that thing even ran my hand over it and found no markings or sign of it ever hitting the brace so NO THERE IS NO Problem with using the GT PP brace on the mustang V6 Vert at all

Sponsored

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
After removing my brace and checking it to see if it was rubbing on the engine I found nothing showing on the brace, today I went out and looked at the engine it self the plastic air intake that is on the top of the engine is the only place that it could rub so it looked all over that thing even ran my hand over it and found no markings or sign of it ever hitting the brace so NO THERE IS NO Problem with using the GT PP brace on the mustang V6 Vert at all
If it works on the vert it should work of the fastback then too right?

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
PSYSTANG here is what the bottom of brace looks like where video starts is where the top of the engine would be on the brace you can see that it only has marks where it was bolted to the towers but not on any of the brace that spans the engine

Mark

Glad to hear there was no evidence of it hitting. This will definitely be added to my to do list in the near future. I also looked at the install sheets for the ford racing version earlier and noticed that it did not say anywhere that it word not work on the V6 even though american muscle says it will not. Just out of curiosity, is the plate that has GT on it just a separate riveted piece?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Glad to hear there was no evidence of it hitting. This will definitely be added to my to do list in the near future. I also looked at the install sheets for the ford racing version earlier and noticed that it did not say anywhere that it word not work on the V6 even though american muscle says it will not. Just out of curiosity, is the plate that has GT on it just a separate riveted piece?
Yes it is it also have glue under it but I am sure it could be drilled out and cleaned and the fender tag 3.7 could be put in its place to make it a V6 thing, I am leaving it on mine as it says Mustang on top and then GT it will be a good conversation item LOL its a small Block can't you see :shrug:

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I bought the Ford Racing kit (M-20201-M) with the K brace and the strut tower brace and will try installing tonight. I'll post some pictures soon.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
awesome! looking forward to it!
Sponsored