Sponsored

Strut tower braces for 3.7 v6

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
The 5/8 fabricated spacers would be great.I can not believe Ford does not offer this as an option?
Also I can not see any issues when using spacers or washers . Did it make a difference after installation?
Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I added a couple washers and it no longer touches the intake but does touch the mat under the hood but I doubt that will hurt anything. I'll drive it a couple days like this and report back.
I have the same tower brace you have, went to ACE hardware got a couple rubber washers, kept from making any harmanic sounds metal on metal.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Were your metal on metal harmonic sounds from touching the IM or hood? Mine is touching the inside mat of the hood but no metal on metal. I'm starting to think it would be better to grind a little off the brace for clearance and use no washers/spacers.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
what size washers did you use and did you place them on both sides keep us posted mine did not look like it hit but I am stock no blower could that have lifted the intake alittle more than just stock ?
thanks
Mark

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Were your metal on metal harmonic sounds from touching the IM or hood? Mine is touching the inside mat of the hood but no metal on metal. I'm starting to think it would be better to grind a little off the brace for clearance and use no washers/spacers.
Were the brace touched the tower when I first installed it I got a humming harmonic sound, took paper push it down on the stud to get the inside size then went to ACE and measured the rubber washer to the paper then got the wide washer the so the brace could sit on then marked the bolts with slip marks.

I won't grind on the top of the brace find some super thin rubber strips with glue on one side and place the along the top of the brace between the brace and the hood.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lagformance

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Now on the market, is the GT350 Brace.
Does the engine itself sit lower? I was hoping the top would be slightly taller than the regular GT causing it to have a bit more clearance. Ill try and measure the distance of both and see what i come up with..
link to GT350 strut brace here

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
FYI you can use the BMR MM007 to lower the engine 1/4"-1/2". I lowered mine 1/4" and looks sexy. Looks like a strut bar will fit with ease now.

Tall Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 2015 F350 Lariat 6.2L
FYI you can use the BMR MM007 to lower the engine 1/4"-1/2". I lowered mine 1/4" and looks sexy. Looks like a strut bar will fit with ease now.
That was my next question...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lagformance

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Lag - That's definitely an odd looking tower brace if I've ever seen one! That yellow pops though right?

I've too heard of a couple guys running 1/4 solid aluminum spacers without any trouble.

Tell ya what, if you want to have it ordered (Before TJ jumps in here and clears this for us :cheers: ) I'm happy to cover the return shipping back if you ran into any trouble.

Alex

Have you heard any v6 guys being able to rock the steeda brace without issues yet? I may take you up on the free return shipping if it doesn't work...:thumbsup:

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Is the K brace difficult to install? Is there any things to watch for? This for a V6 not vert.
Sponsored

Last edited: