pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
video try V6 with and with out strut brace

are there any clearance issues? I don't understand why all sites who sell the FORD racing strut brace say its not compatible with the v6 when clearly it fits.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
none I just undid 4 nuts and battery cable placed it over the K-Brace and studs tighten the 4 nuts back up and done 30 mins tops, hood closes fine and mine strut brace as you can see came off of a 2015 ford mustang Gt PP

Sponsored

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
The reason they say it will not fit may be that there is not enough clearance when you factor in the movement of the engine especially under a sudden load. I would love to hear that I am wrong about this theory though.

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
none I just undid 4 nuts and battery cable placed it over the K-Brace and studs tighten the 4 nuts back up and done 30 mins tops, hood closes fine and mine strut brace as you can see came off of a 2015 ford mustang Gt PP
The clearance does look a little thin. Can you take a picture of the distance between the brace and the top of the engine?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
just had big snow storm here will take pictures as soon an I can if that's ok

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Did you notice any improvement after the install?
she was tighter but have not been able to really test her if you were to get the ford racing kit it comes with brace and K-brace we already have the K-Brace if you have the drop top so the sturt brace just ties it all together

Snow here has not let me really play with it

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
That GT one looks more arched than the Ford Racing one. I wonder if that is why if fits better.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
after reading some of the post here I removed the brace today I'll look at it again in the summer when weather is better and I can see if there is any hitting on the bottom of the brace. when I removed it after driving the car for about 100 miles after I had mounted it I did not find any marks on the brace or the top of the plastic of the motor so I am thinking it was ok but better to be safe than sorry right maybe I'll just leave her stock , my bucket list was the brace cat back borla s-type and CAI roush one but now I am not sure about doing anything to it after reading post on this board

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
after reading some of the post here I removed the brace today I'll look at it again in the summer when weather is better and I can see if there is any hitting on the bottom of the brace. when I removed it after driving the car for about 100 miles after I had mounted it I did not find any marks on the brace or the top of the plastic of the motor so I am thinking it was ok but better to be safe than sorry right maybe I'll just leave her stock , my bucket list was the brace cat back borla s-type and CAI roush one but now I am not sure about doing anything to it after reading post on this board
I hope my post did not offend you or scare you off from using the brace, I was just mentioning the possibility in case you had not thought of it. I was hoping to hear it fitted with no problems since that's one item I have been wanting myself. As for the roush CAI, I have read both good and bad for the last two months, but I finally gave in and have one on the way anyways.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
it was your post that made me remove the brace. who had told you it was the motor that would not clear the brace or was that just an guest? anyway let me know what you think of the Roush CAI and if its worth the money , like I had said I did not see any marking of the brace or the plastic when I removed it and when I got the brace I was asked to send a picture of the engine bay to juggernaut power that's were I was able to get my brace from and they did not think it would be a problem

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful. I did not say it would not fit, but the clearance looked close from the pictures and thought it was worth mentioning in case you had not considered it. I had no intent of trying to change your mind on it, it looked good under the hood. I'm glad to hear it had no signs of hitting. If you wanted to do some testing on it, you could always let someone rev the engine while the car is parked while you watch your clearances. I am sure if you drove it and did not see any marks it will be fine though. I'll let you know on the CAI, it shipped today.
Sponsored